collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89426 times)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Your Username: Yurusumaji

Your GOALS:
  • I am looking to lose at least 30 pounds.
  • Fit in to size 7 pants again.
  • Keep up with my dogs.
  • Enjoy the outdoors more.
Your PLAN:
  • I will be eating less and trying to actively make healthier food choices.
  • My main exercise will be cardio in the form of DDR, 30 minutes every day.
  • Secondary exercise will be strength exercise in the form of lifting weights, 20 reps every other day.
  • Biking, hiking and walking around the city to help my metabolism and assist in weight loss.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
I am so glad we have so many on board. I ate my last extra snack yesterday! I get these Pizza Bites at a Gas Station every time I need gas for my car....I crave these thing like mad. And 90% of the time things at a Gas Station are not good for you at all:P I made them my lunch yesterday so I could technically say it was not an extra but those kinds of extras and buy are my biggest goal to stop doing:P

Tofu is a great meal option for vegetarians and anyone:) I really do like it. I like it more in a stir fry style.

I have done this with some can foods. I drain all the juice out and wash them. That way if they are in a lot of salt...there is less salt I am taking in...it may not be much but it is an option.

Explore veggies and fruits...I never had a brussel sprout in my whole life...they were at a wedding I went and I was hooked!!!! Celery and Carrot sticks are a normal option but try cucumber as a munchy snack! YUM!

Sorry for all the random food tips...as this is my round two I want to share somethings that helped me out that took me weeks to figure out:P
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Your Username: Yurusumaji

Your GOALS:
  • I am looking to lose at least 30 pounds.
  • Fit in to size 7 pants again.
  • Keep up with my dogs.
  • Enjoy the outdoors more.
Your PLAN:
  • I will be eating less and trying to actively make healthier food choices.
  • Secondary exercise will be strength exercise in the form of lifting weights, 20 reps every other day.
  • Biking, hiking and walking around the city to help my metabolism and assist in weight loss.

Yay! A fellow DDR player :) I just ordered my Xbox 360 pad since my parents got rid of mine for whatever reason a long time ago, apparently. DDR is such a fun way to exercise! :D
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
Ooo! That reminds me that I should go dig around for my old DDR mats and games.

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Do y'all have to discuss super yummy chips here???? :blink:

You don't want me to get any ponies, do you? I am in such a munchy mood.  >_<  *leaves to find bag of baby carrots*

Ooh! I love baby carrots too! I've got braces on right now, but I was just telling my best friend that when they come off in August I am totally going to eat an entire package of them. It's the one food I haven't really been able to figure out how to get around. Cutting them into small pieces defeats the purpose for me too.

Post Merge: June 08, 2012, 10:06:35 AM

Do y'all have to discuss super yummy chips here???? :blink:

You don't want me to get any ponies, do you? I am in such a munchy mood.  >_<  *leaves to find bag of baby carrots*
try sun chips they are awesome :D

I love those too! >.> I think I'll be doing a sandwich and chips for lunch now XD

Post Merge: June 08, 2012, 10:09:33 AM

I would like to join please. I started my own weight loss programme 4 weeks ago and have so far lost 3.5kgs (my scales only weigh to the nearest .5)  I would like to lose about 20-25kgs all up and the motivation from this thread will hopefully help carry me through to September.

Oh, and my reasons for wanting to lose weight are so I can carry out physical tasks with less effort and ride my horse better.  I also want to look better in my clothes. :)

Welcome! Those are good reasons! I love horseback riding, it's the one thing that I really miss about moving to a city. There just aren't very many places that offer riding and I'm past the point where a sedate trail ride is too much fun.

Do you primarily ride for fun or do you participate in different equestrian events?

Post Merge: June 08, 2012, 10:10:13 AM

I'm so joining this!
After I get back from my best friends graduation! :D

Woo! Welcome =) I'll put you down on the list.

Post Merge: June 08, 2012, 10:12:17 AM

Do y'all have to discuss super yummy chips here????

:lmao:  You have a point, Salli.  How's this?

Great big gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts,
    Mutilated monkey meat,
    Hairy little birdie's feet,
    French fried eye balls,
    Rolling up and down the street.
    And me without my spoon.

Better?  XD XD XD XD

Is that from a book/movie? I totally remember this from my childhood but I cannot remember where I first heard it!

Hyenacub - you missed out the dog cheese sprinkled on top! :lmao:

Bleh. That certainly would make me not want to eat chips XD Heck! I already end up having to switch glasses if my cat drinks from my glass (mostly because then I always seem to have fur in my water)

Post Merge: June 08, 2012, 10:13:42 AM

Yoga doesn't usually hurt me bad but last week for some reason omg everything hurt (my hips had seized earlier in the day..) and I've no real idea why. o.o  Wai you hurt shoulders, you are not hips!

I still can't balance for pony poop though. *topples over*

Me either! Everytime I have to do something on one leg, I have to have a chair nearby. Even if I'm just touching it with my fingertips. I'm trying to work on that, but I've just got terrible balance.

It does make my tree pose interesting though, especially in class!

Post Merge: June 08, 2012, 10:17:22 AM

My hubby's boss has a big vegetable garden and he gave my DH a huge sack of veggies yesterday! Squash, eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, all kinds of goodies :) . Tonight we're having stir fry (I'll go light on the rice, thanks Pinkamena!) with a spicy kung pow sauce. And I'm getting together with friends this weekend to listen to music and dance. So I think I'm off to a nice start.

I've found that dried apples make a nice crunchy, slightly sweet snack. Sometimes I crave crunchy chips just for the texture. Apple chips or flavored rice cakes fulfill that craving nicely. Also, I'm going to make a point to take one serving out of the bag, then put the bag up before I start eating. If I snack right out of the bag chances are I'll eat the whole thing.

Mmmm. You mentioned eggplant and now I know what I'm doing for dinner. Eggplant parmigana. I love love love fresh veggies, I grew up with a garden and nothing beats being able to walk to your backyard for salad fixings.

Love dancing! It's one of my favorite types of exercise. I was in ballet and jazz as a kid and sometimes.. especially while cleaning ponies.. I find myself tapping my feet or twirling randomly. I've also been known to dance with my broom on occasion. My husband thinks it's hilarious.

Mmmm. Apple chips. Something else I do, on the subject of portions, when I first buy something.. I just portion everything out right then and there. So all I have to do is grab a container. It's a lot cheaper than buying the 100 cal packs too!

Post Merge: June 08, 2012, 10:21:27 AM

• Keep up with my dogs.

Woo! Welcome to the group! =)

I know that feeling, regarding keeping up with the dogs. I have an Australian Shepherd and when we go jogging, he generally gets offended that I can't keep up with him for more than 5 minutes or so. My husband usually takes him for a long run, so he gets all sad when he has to jog with me.

Oooh! I haven't done DDR in ages that sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to dig out my old dancepad and gamecube and play again!

@ZettaMomo & MonstarNomNom, clearly there is a trend here. Maybe all 4 of us could see if there is a way we can play over the internet! That could be pretty fun too.

Post Merge: June 08, 2012, 10:27:19 AM

I have done this with some can foods. I drain all the juice out and wash them. That way if they are in a lot of salt...there is less salt I am taking in...it may not be much but it is an option.

Explore veggies and fruits...I never had a brussel sprout in my whole life...they were at a wedding I went and I was hooked!!!! Celery and Carrot sticks are a normal option but try cucumber as a munchy snack! YUM!

Sorry for all the random food tips...as this is my round two I want to share somethings that helped me out that took me weeks to figure out:P

Hey! Random food tips are the best!

I think that I read that somewhere too CrowningGlory, I rinse all of my canned veggies and stuff now too since it helps take out a lot of the sodium they are packed in.

Cucumber sandwiches are amazing as well. Like use two slices of cucumber with a bit of cream cheese in the middle (I also usually use some salt & pepper). Mmmm. Delicious. Another awesome thing with cucumbers is to toss them into some water with either lemon or lime slices. It makes water delicious. I do that a lot over the summer.

I've been trying to explore new fruit and veggie options too! I just tried grilled asparagus the other night. It was SO yummy. Though I'm sure the first time I try cooking it.. it will be a disaster.

Gosh! I'm so glad to see everyone that is joining up! I think that this should be a fun three months.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:27:19 AM by SurfStar »

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Woohoo, other DDR players!

Back in January my husband left home to go back to Tech School for 3 months. In that first month, I played DDR and watched my food intake and I lost 10 (TEN) pounds! Unfortunately I have arthritis in my right knee, so I had to stop and then things got crazy and most of that weight has returned. :( Ready to lose it again!

I can't do regular exercise. It's just so boring and tedious to me. I can do DDR everyday, though. It's so much fun!

Post Merge: June 08, 2012, 10:40:06 AM

Oooh! I haven't done DDR in ages that sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to dig out my old dancepad and gamecube and play again!

@ZettaMomo & MonstarNomNom, clearly there is a trend here. Maybe all 4 of us could see if there is a way we can play over the internet! That could be pretty fun too.

While I'm not sure if there is a way to play online or not, we could challenge each other! We could take pictures of our scores on certain songs and challenge each other to do better. :D Or maybe something like that. It would be fun and it would be a good way to keep each other on the right track!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:40:06 AM by Yurusumaji »

Ai from Aurora

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Hyenacub - you missed out the dog cheese sprinkled on top!

Yum yum!  XDD  I've seen loads of versions of this one...so i imagine I did miss a lot!  I am always willing to provide appetite suppressant in the form of something gross.  >:D

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Woohoo, other DDR players!

Back in January my husband left home to go back to Tech School for 3 months. In that first month, I played DDR and watched my food intake and I lost 10 (TEN) pounds! Unfortunately I have arthritis in my right knee, so I had to stop and then things got crazy and most of that weight has returned. :( Ready to lose it again!

I can't do regular exercise. It's just so boring and tedious to me. I can do DDR everyday, though. It's so much fun!

Post Merge: June 08, 2012, 10:40:06 AM

While I'm not sure if there is a way to play online or not, we could challenge each other! We could take pictures of our scores on certain songs and challenge each other to do better. :D Or maybe something like that. It would be fun and it would be a good way to keep each other on the right track!

Oooo I like that idea! :D What difficulty do y'all play on? I play Hard. I could never get myself to move fast enough to play Extreme. lol x'D

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection

Oooo I like that idea! :D  What difficulty do y'all play on? I play Hard. I could never get myself to move fast enough to play Extreme. lol x'D

I stopped playing for a while, so right now I'm on Standard again. I can play some songs on Hard, like "Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior and some others. I am slowly building up to it.

Ai from Aurora

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
I don't have DDR anymore, so I am substituting with real dancing with the hubby.  =]  Can't always do a lot but it's fun when we can.  I would love to go dancing at one of the country western bars (purely for music) but I can't handle the smoke...might just have to play music and dance around in our living room.  =]  I just miss having a wooden floor and an excuse to wear my boots.  =]  It's good cardio though!   

ZettaMomo

I don't think I can play online.. The ones I have are on the PS2. I have DDR Extreme and Supernova 2. It's been a loooong time since I last played so I will probably have to go on something easier for a bit. xD

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
I don't think I can play online.. The ones I have are on the PS2. I have DDR Extreme and Supernova 2. It's been a loooong time since I last played so I will probably have to go on something easier for a bit. xD

Mine is on the PS2 as well. I still think we could do challenges. I could play Light songs and send you challenges to those, or you could challenge us on the ones you're the best at. I am pretty sure I have DDR Extreme for mine. Going to pick up the others once the movers get here with my stuff, hopefully in about 10 days.

Ai from Aurora

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook

Mine is on the PS2 as well. I still think we could do challenges. I could play Light songs and send you challenges to those, or you could challenge us on the ones you're the best at. I am pretty sure I have DDR Extreme for mine. Going to pick up the others once the movers get here with my stuff, hopefully in about 10 days.

I have so many PS2 DDR games, and no pad x-x I might get one for that as well if I can find a decently priced one on eBay :)

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
I need human interaction today... signed up to go take a Turbo Kick class (I usually teach it at Northwestern University, but they are on summer break now, so no classes.  I miss the energy... going to consume...).
Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed

ZettaMomo

I imagine I could run to one of the used game stores and find some of the DDR games I don't have for a cheap price too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal