collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sundance shirt found at Forever21  (Read 8860 times)

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
Re: Sundance shirt found at Forever21
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 08:21:37 AM »
Okay, I grew up in the 80s, but even then the fringe shirts looked sloppy. The California thing is a bit random, but if it were a regular shirt I'd buy it.

The problem with those fringe things (aside from how they hang on your body)  is they fray and get distorted quickly - not to mention I'd feel like an idiot trying to pull that look off now as a 30+ year old mom.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 08:22:43 AM »
The problem with "I <3" t shirts is if you wear them in the state/city they are from people think you are a tourist and if you wear them in a different state/country people think you are from the city/country being "loved"! Cant win...lol
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

LuckySwirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 09:13:27 AM »
You can cut up a shirt, but you can't un-cut up a shirt...
:lol:  I am now picturing buying this shirt and sewing the fringes back together! Now THAT would be a fashion statement... maybe use some nice thick twine... Hmm... LOL

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 09:15:47 AM »
Who took the dark part of the 90s and brought it back? EEK. I love the pony, and I could even ignore the fact that it says California so randomly. BUT THAT FRINGE. Eww.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Folly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
Lol! As a born and raised Californian who has lived in many other states, I will never understand why people think the whole state of California is "glamorous". It's on about oh, I don't know, a billion different shirts sold nationwide? And people actually buy it? I don't get it! It's like being a New Yorker and seeing people in other states wearing shirts with the "I<3 NY" on it haha. You just want to yell "Stop glorifying my state!!!! There's nothing exciting in 98% of it!!!!" I love California but still. It's just like any other state! There's a bunch of sand, some dirty sidewalks, big buildings, bad neighborhoods, some mountains, some trees, and a lot of deer. Woo-hoo. Definitely no ponies, except of the real life kind.

Anyways I would get this shirt and just cut off the California thing and the fringe and wear some bright tank top under it or something. But for that price, it's not worth it to me. Maybe I'll find them discounted in Cali because no locals want to walk around looking like a tourist :p
This whole post reminded me of one of my favorite shirt designs xD

But I guess "California" makes a bit more sense than "Kentucky" or "Wisconsin"... in the sense that Cali is already so glorified to high heaven that glorifying it isn't particularly surprising.

I'm still waiting for that ~hip and trendy~ shirt that says "Kentucky" on it, though

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2012, 09:31:57 AM »
LOL!  All my favorite shirts that have state names on them have very random states, like Virginia, Delaware, South Dakota ... I don't think I have any California ones.  XD

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »
But I guess "California" makes a bit more sense than "Kentucky" or "Wisconsin"... in the sense that Cali is already so glorified to high heaven that glorifying it isn't particularly surprising.

I'm still waiting for that ~hip and trendy~ shirt that says "Kentucky" on it, though
I lived in WI most of my life, I don't think anyone will be making T-shirts about it any time soon XD

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2012, 09:51:12 AM »
I love that it's a pony shirt (and G1!) but the fringe kills it for me.  I would totally buy it if the fringe OR the "California" weren't there.  But both of them together feel a bit forced.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2012, 09:55:16 AM »
Lol! As a born and raised Californian who has lived in many other states, I will never understand why people think the whole state of California is "glamorous". It's on about oh, I don't know, a billion different shirts sold nationwide? And people actually buy it? I don't get it! It's like being a New Yorker and seeing people in other states wearing shirts with the "I<3 NY" on it haha. You just want to yell "Stop glorifying my state!!!! There's nothing exciting in 98% of it!!!!" I love California but still. It's just like any other state! There's a bunch of sand, some dirty sidewalks, big buildings, bad neighborhoods, some mountains, some trees, and a lot of deer. Woo-hoo. Definitely no ponies, except of the real life kind.

Well, I'm from Texas and I think every single person in the US should have a "Texas" shirt. :D  Plus, we actually do have ponies!  and horses, too!  So I want to know, where is my MLP "Texas" shirt?!

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »
I think it's been mentioned so far in this thread, but I think a super tight tank top under it might make some feel a bit more at ease wearing this shirt...  If it was simply a shorter shirt without the fringe, that's probably what I'd do (unless it was just a "short" shirt but still covered most of me - then maybe without the tank top, lol)...  The fringe, though, is a bit too out of my comfort zone.  Very un-STLGusty.   It's a shame, because it's a cute depiction of Sundance!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »
I repeat my idea:

"A heathered knit top featuring a "California" My Little Pony graphic. "

Or it might be some sort of thing where there are several shirts with "California" on it, with different themes and graphics?  Those are the only two ideas I have LOL

XD  I also repeat that I think it looks good...but agree that if they're not fray-treated those fringes will fray badly.  : P

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2012, 12:20:52 PM »
Stupid fringe ruined the shirt. :mad:

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2012, 12:23:38 PM »
I agree that the random "California" is kinda dumb. Luckily I live in California  :biggrin:
I'm not fond of the fringe and I dislike showing my midriff but that's not going to stop me checking this out and possible purchasing it. I'll gladly perform some surgery and make it into something more wearable. I bought the color changing Firefly shirt from Walmart in XL and am transforming it into a tank top.

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 12:31:21 PM »
Haha, wow, I had no idea there was so much hate for the word California! Maybe it's just my bias because I'm from there, but it really doesn't bother in the slightest. Do I see the connection between Sundance and California? Well, she is named SUNdance, that sort of makes sense I guess. I suppose I'm so used to seeing shirts with random states name on them (usually Florida or New York, but sometimes others too, I think Virginia and New Jersey I've seen a bit) that I didn't really think twice about it. Honestly, it's just that hideous fringe (and at 23 I don't think I'm THAT much out of the targeted age, now am I?)

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2012, 12:39:47 PM »
Heh, I don't think it's that anyone hates the word California. It's just that it's so random and weird to put a state's name on a pony shirt. It really doesn't make any sense. I would hate the shirt just as much if it were any other state. =P
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal