collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sundance shirt found at Forever21  (Read 8523 times)

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sundance shirt found at Forever21
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 10:12:58 PM »
May be they are going for 80s fashion?

Folly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 10:34:09 PM »
...they could almost put any other word there and it would make just as much sense. 'Toaster' 'Notepad' 'Garage'. Or any other random place...'Pakistan' 'West Oak Street' etc.

...I would probably buy this shirt if it said "Toaster" on it XD

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 10:37:38 PM »
...they could almost put any other word there and it would make just as much sense. 'Toaster' 'Notepad' 'Garage'. Or any other random place...'Pakistan' 'West Oak Street' etc.

Seconded.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »

Seconded.

LOL :heart: :heart: :heart: Definitely better than California. Ponies have toasters (I think?) They don't have California though...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 10:40:46 PM »
No offense t those who like it, but. . .  Why?  Why does it say California?  Why is there that weird (sorry) fringe on the bottom?  Why is it at Forever 21 (a store I do not frequent?)

Just. . .  Why?

I hope the people looking for it can find it though.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Phekzhen

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »
Uh, coming from someone who has baby weight to complain about. . .baby weight is fat. And you can gain a lot of it, and it can be really really hard to loose. I have a literal 'flap' of skin/fat because of my pregnany, and so I would look HORRENDOUS in any sort of short shirt. Anyone that isn't basically skin and bones will NOT look good in crop tops or shirts like that (but if they want to wear them idc, their choice). Its not "body shaming". Not everyone will look good in everything, because there are so many different body types & sizes and so many skin tones, hair colors, bone structures, etc. That's just how it is.

If you're (general you) not the right body type to "match" a certain style but want to wear it anyways, good for you, but not everyone feels that way. Some people prefer to wear the styles that are made for their body type, because it looks better.

As for the "its for teens" deal, I'm 19. Still hate this shirt and that whole style.

Saying that someone won't look good in X style because they have Y figure is body shaming. It's letting society tell you what is and isn't beautiful. Society doesn't think muumuus are beautiful, and if someone has the type that only looks good in muumuus, then society says they're not beautiful. That's body shaming.

It doesn't matter if you have "baby weight" or not. It doesn't change who you are on the inside. People who judge you because you don't have a super model belly aren't people you want to associate with.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 11:00:25 PM »
Annnnd back to the shirt! I will stop by the mall tomorrow and see if they have any. I kind of like this style of shirt personally (the short loose tops) but I always wear a cami or a tank top under them

Folly

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 11:02:25 PM »

Seconded.

Somebody slap this glorious thing a T-shirt, NOW!

sweetsong100

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2012, 11:24:33 PM »
This has been out for a while now. Was gonna get it, cause I do like the half shirt style, but the fringes not so much. I looked at the fringes, and it looks like they could tear the shirt with just a tug. It is cute. I just don't want a shirt that'll rip after a couple of wears.

I did see it on "sale" rack for $14.50 at the Forever 21 near me, but that's not much of a sale, lol.

Phekzhen

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 11:36:05 PM »
I did see it on "sale" rack for $14.50 at the Forever 21 near me, but that's not much of a sale, lol.

The one time I've wandered into Forever 21, the stuff on their sale rack was so they were a few bucks a piece.

~$15 is what I'd expect to pay for a graphic tee anywhere that isn't, say, Hollister, and this shirt should have more "value" since it took extra time/effort to give it that ripped/cut look, so ti's good enough of a value.

I wonder how strong the material actually is, though. If it's thinner, it works good for me as a patch, but it would make more sense for it to be thicker if it's going to be worn as a top by itself.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
Tie the fringes into pretty bows!!!  :drunk:

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 12:39:15 AM »
I think the style is very in right now. I work in the fashion industry (Make up artist) and I personally love the shirt. I cannot wait to buy it and wear it. But each to their own! :D
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 03:50:00 AM »
Hey guys!! The 80s are totally back - personally I find it completely appropriate that an 80s toy is on belly cropped t-shirt with the super trendy and hot location of "California" on it...I am having flash backs to some seriously dodgy early 80s tv shows and movies situated on the beaches of the Golden State! This t-shirt would fit right in!

Is it my taste? Um....no! Will I buy it? Heck...no! But due to where its being sold I get it - its "trendy" enough to fit right in. Not every teenager is going to love it but its probably right for most of Forever21s market. 

Edit: I am not visualising this shirt on someone with crimped hair, neon green leggings, orange slouch socks and sneakers/trainers - stylish!!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:51:46 AM by hathorcat »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 05:08:30 AM »
I'm not sure what to think of it. XD I think it's like someone went 'we need to make a cool shirt, hey the 80's are in right?'
Not something I'd wear personally (nor probably fit into) as the fringing would bug the heck out of me XD

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 08:12:46 AM »
Lol! As a born and raised Californian who has lived in many other states, I will never understand why people think the whole state of California is "glamorous". It's on about oh, I don't know, a billion different shirts sold nationwide? And people actually buy it? I don't get it! It's like being a New Yorker and seeing people in other states wearing shirts with the "I<3 NY" on it haha. You just want to yell "Stop glorifying my state!!!! There's nothing exciting in 98% of it!!!!" I love California but still. It's just like any other state! There's a bunch of sand, some dirty sidewalks, big buildings, bad neighborhoods, some mountains, some trees, and a lot of deer. Woo-hoo. Definitely no ponies, except of the real life kind.

Anyways I would get this shirt and just cut off the California thing and the fringe and wear some bright tank top under it or something. But for that price, it's not worth it to me. Maybe I'll find them discounted in Cali because no locals want to walk around looking like a tourist :p
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal