collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Avatar: Legend of Korra? *SPOILERS!!!* Ep. 10!  (Read 4150 times)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra? *SPOILERS!!!* Ep. 10!
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2012, 06:01:07 PM »
I loved the Avatar series so much!!   And I am enjoying Korra, just surprised that the finale is so soon.   It seemed there were a ton of Avatar episodes, but only a handful for Korra.   I wish there was more..!

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2012, 06:59:36 PM »
I loved the Avatar series so much!!   And I am enjoying Korra, just surprised that the finale is so soon.   It seemed there were a ton of Avatar episodes, but only a handful for Korra.   I wish there was more..!

We should all start writing en masse requests to the producers for more!  (And coerce small children to do the same!)  Maybe if there was enough interest they could be persuaded to continue it!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2012, 07:23:24 PM »
Eh....I think the way all the benders move is very cool, but I have always had a thing for martial arts so....XD

I just don't find Airbending all that interesting. I am not sure why I never liked it, but I just have never cared for the element and that passed on into the show. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Airbenders --in fact they are one of my favorite cultures in the series--, but I just don't enjoy the element that they use.

....That made absolutely no sense did it? *headdesk* I really don't know how to explain it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »
Eh....I think the way all the benders move is very cool, but I have always had a thing for martial arts so....XD

Oh cool!  Do you do any martial arts?  I used to do judo and be CRAZY about it... but then I got an MCL/LCL injury on both knees, so that sort of ended that.  I still catch myself running through katas at busstops though :D

I just don't find Airbending all that interesting. I am not sure why I never liked it, but I just have never cared for the element and that passed on into the show. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Airbenders --in fact they are one of my favorite cultures in the series--, but I just don't enjoy the element that they use.

....That made absolutely no sense did it? *headdesk* I really don't know how to explain it.

No, it sort of does make sense... let me guess--you're a firebender? 

I think what appeals to me about airbending is that they can FLY, but it really doesn't seem to have the same offensive potential as the other elements do, and that really carried forward into Aang's style and character--it's primarily evasive (Heck, it even carries into his conflict resolution style--Aang literally RAN away when he found out he was the avatar). 

If an airbender is going to launch an offensive, he either has to do what Aang did with that kid in the schoolyard--avoid them until they trip--or blow a lot of hot air in their face.  Either way, airbenders don't tend to be the gritty types you root for in noir novels.

Heh.  Any chance you read Jim Butcher too?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal