collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CatWalk Kitties - A KittyWiki?  (Read 1235 times)

Va_ShaMera

• Trade Count: (0)
CatWalk Kitties - A KittyWiki?
« on: June 03, 2012, 06:20:03 AM »
I am totally in love with my girls and one way to cope with the addiction is to either gawk at my own dolls or others.
Does anyone know if a Wikipedia type site exists for the kitties?
Wanna help make a KittyWiki?
I would love to see info on all accesories, who came with what, packaging pics, clothing, every tiny detail in a one-stop site.
I have been compiling info and photos on my little site but would love to see something as bright, clear and informative as 'My little Wiki' and 'Strawberry Reef' but i am lacking the satisfactory talent (imo)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: CatWalk Kitties - A KittyWiki?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:10:10 AM »

I never know wether I love or loathe these dolls. One will look really cute but others just freak me out! Are there diffrent gens or sets like mlp?

I'm defenitely curious about them, I'd like it if there was a wiki!

Va_ShaMera

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:27:31 AM »
I think there was 3 versions/releases.
There were the 'Core" dolls which came with a small cat with  the same colour representation as the Kitties
the 'travel' dolls which came with a suit case and different clothes
and the 'Mini' dolls which are "Polly Pocket' size

Offline Punaherukka

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 02:15:22 PM »
I don't think there's any big fansites dedicated for this doll line. At least I've not found any myself.

I think there were four releases:

1. 6 models (Purrl, Sienna, Toffee, Anika, Minx & Sushi) with a suitcase, pet cat & carrying bag for the pet, plus a handbag with some make up, cell phone and other small accessories.

2. Same six models, but without a suitcase and pet carrying bag. Also at least Purrl, Toffee and Anika had different, simpler clothes.

3. 4 dolls with pet cats and handbags with usual bag accessories were released with playsets. These were:

- Chase, the modeling agent, who came with a computer desk, a chair, a lamp, a potted plant and small accessories to put on her table (a flower vase, a clock and such). There was also a cardboard calendar with markings. If you click the mouse (that looks like a mouse), the computer lights up and Chase's "voice" says something from a voice box hidden inside the desk (I hate toys that talk, so I took batteries off from mine.)

- Topaz, the beautician/hairdresser/make-up artist, came with a hairdresser's table, a chair and tons of little beauty products and beautucian equipments. This time, if you pressed the cap of a bottle on the table, you'd get the voiced lines spoken.

- Jet, the photographer, had all kinds of photographing equipments, but I'm not good enough in English to name them all. When pressed, her camera actually flashed and made a click, followed by a voiced line.

- Callie, a model, came with a huge runway set, that lights up and plays some music, I think (haven't tried, since I don't like noisy toys and removed batteries). There's a stage with a catwalk, a stairway leading to a second floor above the stage and some equipment for the changing room (a coatrack with 2 coathangers, a table with refreshments and flower vase and such). What I like about this playset is, you can combine it with Chase's office and Topaz's hairdresser's table. They even put a picture of Chase's desk on the second floor, and Topaz's behind the stage, as if to hint, hey you can put these here, to combine the whole Catwalk Kitties Modeling Agency (except poor Jet, whose photo studio appers to be somewhere else. Maybe in the basement?).

The last line was the Petites, or Minis, which were smaller. There was Anika, Chase, Purrl and Toffee. They came with a pet cat, a handbag and little accessories, and, if I remember correctly, a swimsuit (that I thought looked more like underwear). Two of the minis, Anika and Toffee, had another release, with a scooter and a different outfit.

I'm not sure which line of the 6 models was first, the one with suitcases or the one without them. But I'm pretty sure the playsets were a later release, and that the minis were the last.

I haven't got all of the dolls and some of the ones I have I've gotten loose, but I got a few of them with all accessories, so if there's a particular doll you'd want information about, I'd be glad to help.

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 02:54:45 PM »
I'm sure I could get hooked on those minis! Aren't these girls nearly impossible to get hold of tho?

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 04:08:41 PM »
I've never even heard of these before, but they're awesome! I want one!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Punaherukka

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 09:19:13 PM »
They seem to be a bit hard to find. Maybe they weren't produced in large numbers, or sold in every area. The ones I found weren't sold in common stores, but the kind of places where you'll get second-rate crap cheaply. I found some minis in a store as recently as last year. The minis were released around 2008 (at least that's what their package says), so with some luck, one might still find them in somewhere.

Catwalk Kitties were made by Lanard, which surprised me, since they have such great amount of detail. I'm not used to quality in Lanard toys. Or such originality. These dolls were made before Monster High, and even though you might say they ride with the popularity of anime catgirls and Bratz (apparently the suitcase is copied from some Bratz), the idea of having humanoid felines on a catwalk was pretty clever. I like how the dolls' hands and feet are actually paws, with claws.

BklynStar555

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 11:50:53 AM »
I just got a NIB Callie playset & a loose Purrrl. Pics coming soon! :)
Thanks for the concise info! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal