collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which ghoul do you think will be eliminated this round?

Clawdeen
28 (31.1%)
Nefera
18 (20%)
Toralei
44 (48.9%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul With the Gold and Silver  (Read 3055 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile

Welcome to another round of ANTM!

Voting: You may only vote for one ghoul – the ghoul you feel will be eliminated this round. Please post your prediction in the thread. You may win a prize if you guess right.

Call Out: The judges will determine the call out order each week. Please read their critique fully before voting. Remember, the ghouls are not being judged just on the week’s photos, but also on their past performance, progression, and potential.

Prizes: At the end of the competition, I will tally up which members correctly predicted which ghouls went home. The member who scores the highest will receive a Monster High compilation prize. I have a ton of stuff to choose from, everything from accessories to clothes to brushes and stands.

Now, moving on....

Welcome to Cycle 1 of America's Next Top Monster! Three lovely monsters stand before me, but only one will be crowned America's Next Top Monster and receive a one year contract with Cover Ghoul Cosmetics along with a photo spread in Morgue Italia.

Last week the remaining four ghouls took it to the streets of Mumbai to model head scarves. Nefera dominated yet again, and while two of the judges praised Toralei, J. Jekyll wasn't as pleased. Clawdeen and Lagoona landed in the bottom two, but it was Lagoona's overall weaker performance that sent her packing.

This week, Nefera, Clawdeen, and Toraeli engaged in a dark, sultry shoot. Each ghoul did a fabulous job. But the question is, who was the MOST fabulous?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Clawdeen:

Ty-Ty's critique: Baring it all and still high fashion! Even though a certain part is missing, you're selling that dress. The poses are interesting, and make me want to visit India. For such a risque shoot, you did a great job at keeping the model attitude. My favorite photo here would have to be your second group picture, with the maternal feeling you show.

Nightmare Nigel's critique: You look super comfortable baring it all. And it's lovely how elegant and ethereal you make it seem when it could have come off as empty and only for shock value, or worse yet, just raunchy. You've definitely got a lot of self esteem, ghoul. You also are more inclusive in the group shots, but in the second photo, the shadow seem to be hiding you when you should be shining.

J. Jekyll's critique: Your solo shoot screams edgy Queen of the Damned. You did Aaliyah justice, that's for sure. On set, your top wouldn't stay on, so you had the brilliant idea to model without it. You were really comfortable showing some skin, and the result is pure gorgeousness. I think you excelled in the group shots, too. You knew exactly how to work with the other ghouls.

Nefera:

Tyra's critique: Red and green and it's not Christmas! You look so opulent and beautiful here, a perfect South Asian gem. Your pictures here are lovingly detailed, with little things like your hair wrapping around your leg just ever so demurely. My only issue here is the variety of poses. And with your group shot? You stepped it up!

Nightmare Nigel's critique: Hot as usual, though it does help to have that exotic face to match the exotic of the setting. You know how to kill it, but two of your best shots look very similar. This isn't the time to be cutting corners! You seemed to have learned from the last group shot too, and you're totally channeling Cleopatra in the second group shot.

J. Jekyll's critique: The variety of poses was an issue. I'm not sure what happened, and you're usually the most creative of the bunch. Regardless, you look stunning and are selling that dress and jewelry in every single shot.

Toralei:

Ty-Ty's critique: Meow, ghoul, your eyes are what these shots are all about. It's as if you're fascinated with that chain like it's a ball of yarn. Your pose is great, very lithe and feline. Sadly, the pose is almost the same in each shot. You did well in the group shoot, but compared to the other two, you seem aloof, almost as an add on to a photo all about Clawdeen and Nefera.

Nightmare Nigel's critique: My dear kitty, your eyes can pierce even the hardest of hearts and make them melt. Your simple elegance and symmetrical arrangement make it known that you should be seated on a throne and not a simple golden lamp! In the second group shot, your hair hides your face. Remember to let yourself be seen. Cats hide in the jungle, but models must be seen!

J. Jekyll's critique: Personally, I found your last solo shot to be the most stunning out of every shot this week, Nefera and Clawdeen included. Those eyes, the gold, your elegant, goddess-like pose, and that amazing curved tail. But alas, you weren't giving your all in the group shots.

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul With the Gold and Silver
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 06:58:32 PM »
these dresses are to die for !! your pictures are soooo fab... i really love the red... did you make them yourself???

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 07:14:04 PM »
Toralei was a bit hum-drum this week. She should have used her position as third in line to really "wow" and leave a lasting impression, but she fell a bit short. Clawdeen's posing in her scandalous second photo seems to defy gravity - it looks like she could fall over backwards at any moment. Kind of distracting, which is saying something for a picture with boobs.

I think Nefera totally killed it this week! I love the Nile blue with the deep red and black!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 07:16:52 PM »
I don't think Nefera rocked this shoot at all, but I'm not so sure I want to send her home considering how good her other shoots have been. Clawdeen looks awesome here and Torelei is stunning! I can't choose ;.;

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 07:57:35 PM »
My vote: adios, Toralei. I loved Nefera this shoot - she totally nailed it!

Offline 4Lindy

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 08:17:23 PM »
Sorry I think Clawdeen was the worst this time out, and my fave was Nefera, though I agree a couple of her shots were not as good as her shots usually are!  I was surprisingly impressed with Toralei's shots this week!!!

Huge Thanks to Alrak, SourdoughStomper and Mari for my Super Sweetie Siggy\'s!

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
Re: America\'s Next Top Monster: The Ghoul With the Gold and Silver
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 08:34:25 PM »
My vote is definitely Clawdeen. So not impressive! She looks so childish compared to the other two and it's not very model to me.

Post Merge: June 01, 2012, 08:34:57 PM

I'm happy to see that my fave girl Nefara won't be leaving this week :)

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »
As much as I thought Toralei should have gone home last time, I'm voting Clawdeen. Her poses are too choppy. I really only like her last photo.

I pick Nefera to win.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 09:25:30 PM »
Go home Toralei...you just don't cut it.

I vote that Nefera wins. :)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 10:03:08 PM »
I'm so torn fdjshfdfgd. :<
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 12:04:19 AM »
Doh I clicked Nefera by accident, I meant Tor only. :( so dont count 1 of those votes against Nef, she was fawxie!

Offline TwilightElphaba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • Adulthood is overrated
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 12:59:30 AM »
I voted for Nefera. The lack of variety in her poses just didn't work for me.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 02:30:46 AM »
Good grief, it's so hard to choose! D: Clawdeen was a total babe in the group shots, and I think I prefer her solo shoots too. Nefera was awesome too, though her 1st and 3rd shots were ridiculously similar. I think Tor was at a disadvantage this week, being up against Clawdeen and Nefera's beautiful dark skintones, with such an exotic theme, and I don't think she quite pulled it off.

Overall I think this was the best theme shoot yet, and Clawdeen to win!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 04:21:27 AM »
I voted for Clawdeen... I just didn't think her pictures were as interesting as the others. It was a hard choice to make, though... T_T

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 04:45:08 AM »
I voted Toralei, I love her how her eyes almost glowed in these pics but her poses were a bit bland. This would have been the shoot to rock the sex kitty poses Toralie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal