collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stamps.com  (Read 682 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Stamps.com
« on: June 01, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »
I noticed an ad today that came with my new ink cartridge for my printer..

Basically.. Sign up for stamps.com http://stamps.com/partner/hp/?source=si10745426 and get a special bundle for joining..

There is a 5lb digital scale that is free for new members for 9.99 shipping.. and hey claim it's yours to keep no strings attached..

It is a 4 week free trial and you can cancel at any time.. They give you $5 for shipping for free when you join.. After 4 weeks, it is $17.99 a month.. But for the first 6 months, they give you $10 coupons for shipping.. so in a way, it's only 7.99 a month..

I don't mail enough to justify doing this.. But If this is a way to get a digital scale for $10... Great deal, right?

Has anyone used stamps.com or taken advantage of the offer? I am wondering if the scale is worth the hassle it would be to register, then cancel.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Stamps.com
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:46:20 PM »
I guess it depends on how much those digital scales cost to buy in the shops where you live as to whether its worth the effort registering  to get the scale and then cancelling  :awake:   Having a digital scale is very helpful - especially if you ship internationally .  I havent used Stamps.com personally, but maybe someone else here has , so giving this a :bump:   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »
I paid $40 for my 10 lb scale years ago from USPS.com. It's paid for itself with the time and money that I've saved. $10 is a good deal if you can get out of the monthly plan. I just use the Paypal shipping tool and you don't have to sign up for a monthly plan so I've never used stamps.com.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 01:22:04 AM »
Thanks. That's what I was thinking. The scale is listed as a $50 value so $10 or shoppig seems great. I suppose I may try it and see :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 03:33:29 AM »
It sounds like a good deal to get the scale but otherwise I am not sure??  I checked out their website and it looks like they are charging you a monthly fee+shipping charges for services that ebay and Paypal offer you already.

Sure it would benefit at first because of the $25 coupons(going by the offer listed on their page) they give you towards shipping.  But after that???

I bought my scale on ebay from a seller I still deal with for shipping supplies about 6 years ago for maybe $20 and it works till this day.  I just checked her store and she still sells scales for cheap.

I suppose you would have to weigh out the pros and cons to see if it is something that would work for you or not.  Give it a try for the trial period and cancel if it don't.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 03:28:49 PM »
Last time I had used stamps.com it was a shipped Dollyhair order. They sent me the tracking for the hair order through that website but the tracking never updated there or on USPS. That's about all the info I have. :/
You can always just try out the trial period and cancel it before it expires if you no longer wish to use it.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 06:03:05 AM »
My order shows that the scale will be shipped out soon, and once it is, I will cancel the account. I'll be sure to share how well the scale works though! If it works good, then it's a great deal!

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Stamps.com (Update!)
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 02:06:23 PM »
OK. So, I got my digital scale today. Good news and bad news.

Good news is that it works and it got here quick and only cost me $10.

Bad news.. It only works with the Stamps.com software which you need an active paid account to use.. And the scale itself does not have a screen.

More good news.. I found a little program someone made to use with it, that makes a little scale screen show up on your desktop for Windows computers. I installed it, no viruses, and it works perfectly!

I canceled my account with stamps.com and am now in the clear! This is the program I downloaded to read it, in case anyone else wants to take advantage of getting a scale from them for $10. http://cid-ba058dfef48076fb.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/USB-Scale/USBScales.zip

They claim the scale is a $50 value.. but it certainly looks cheap. At least it works and I can stop using my food scale.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal