collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Newbie Nirvana goofs!  (Read 662 times)

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Newbie Nirvana goofs!
« on: May 31, 2012, 11:11:58 AM »
Ever stumble across a pony for sale or auction and get really excited 'cause you think you've just found a rare Nirvana or variant, only to realize later nope, you were dead wrong? Ever get all worked up over your super HTF rare mystical white haired variant only to discover she's actually faded pink? Here's my story:

So I come across an auction a while ago for a "Rare HTF Snuzzle variant! Nirvana!" and she's bright orange with pink hair. "Wow" I'm thinking, "how awesome! and no one's bid! She's so colorful!"
So I considered bidding and right before I place my bid it hits me~ Peachy. It's Peachy in bad lighting. D'oh! She was a nice Peachy and all, and the lighting made her look neon bright. But still, Peachy. I still have no clue if the seller really thought he had a rare variant, or if he just didn't know his ponies. Either way he wanted waaay to much for poor Peachy! No one bid and she was never relisted, so maybe someone clued him in :) Either way I learned from that narrow escape to research all expensive ponies before buying!

So 'fess up! I know I'm not the only newbie out there who's been tricked by bad lighting or a faded pony! Tell us your story!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Re: Newbie Nirvana goofs!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 02:12:42 PM »
One I can remember was a Windy. She was a normal Windy, but the ones here tend to be much paler anyway. I didn't spend much on her and though it was amazing no one else had gone for her. She was normal ;) I later decided I didn't believe in 'White Windy' anyway.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
Re: Newbie Nirvana goofs!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 03:14:34 PM »
I can only recall one thing. These small  keychain ponies marked venezuela I think, I sold my pinwheel off really cheeply. :/
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal