collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Possible issue on Etsy? I have no idea what to do.  (Read 840 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Possible issue on Etsy? I have no idea what to do.
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:26:52 AM »
Sorry that I haven't really been around the Arena lately... I've been spending most of my time on Tumblr. But when I have a seller issue, I can't think of a better place to turn. I have no idea what I should do. I've never had a problem before.

May 13th, two days after my birthday, I signed up for Etsy and bought some sea ponies and a Darlin' Dino with a bit of my birthday money. Sea ponies came in a flash. The description on the DD mentioned that the seller had a full-time job and it often took her up to a week to get her items shipped. I understand things like life, so I let it slide.

9 days go by. I bought the item on a Sunday and I messaged her Tuesday asking when she could ship. She said "thanks for reminding me" and that she was shipping the item "now"... at 11:00 at night. The item was not marked as shipped until Friday.

It's Thursday now, over a week since I've messaged her, and I still don't have my Dino.

I hate to be horrible because I understand being busy and this person has perfect feedback, but I bought it fair and square and it still isn't here.

Should I open a case? I have at least another week to do so. I just hate that it has to come to this because I've never had a buyer or seller issue before. Plus, she would be my second feedback on Etsy and if she negs me, it would bring my feedback to 50%! I have otherwise perfect feedback on eBay and I was hoping everything would be the same on Etsy. With that neg, I would be terrified to buy there.

I just don't know what to do. Should I contact the seller again, or open a case? Or both? My dad is egging me to do both, but I'm wondering if I should wait until tomorrow since it was marked as shipped on a Friday and that would make a week. (Plus with Memorial weekend and everything too...)

It's coming from Utah to Indiana which I understand is a bit of a distance, but still I don't think it should take this long.

*sigh*

What do more experienced people think I should do? I just don't want to be in this position.  :cry:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Possible issue on Etsy? I have no idea what to do.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:41:09 AM »
Uggg..I am sorry to hear your having troubles.

I am not overly familiar with how Etsy's feedback works so I can't help you there. :(

But I do believe you should take your Dad's advice and email her and open a case.   I would just explain to her in your email that you do understand that RL can get in the way but you have waited long enough.  And you have opened a case to protect yourself and it is not anything personal, you just want your item.

I think by opening the case it may light a fire under her butt to get it shipped! :dragon:

*edit*I just noticed you said it was marked shipped on Friday.  I honestly would think it would be there by now or itleast today.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:44:40 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:33:51 AM »
Hmm.. I honestly think that if it was marked shipped on Friday, it could possibly show up in the next day or two.. Look at it this way.. If she printed the shipping on Friday, but didn't actually post it till Saturday, or even late friday, then likely it sat in their post office all of saturday.. Sunday they were closed.. Monday closed.. Tuesday they finally process it.. Wednesday, and Thursday it's shipped around.. It could show up today or tomorrow, reasonably. But if it wasnt there by Monday, I would for sure open up a case myself.

I will sometimes print my shipping out one day, and actually take the package to the post office the next, so I think that could be an issue if she is juggling time. Often for me, this is how I balance my time because I work overnights, so I can sympathize a little there.

Post Merge: May 31, 2012, 10:34:21 AM

Also, Could you get a tracking number from her by any chance? Then you can see where it is

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 11:31:03 AM »
Hmm.. I honestly think that if it was marked shipped on Friday, it could possibly show up in the next day or two.. Look at it this way.. If she printed the shipping on Friday, but didn't actually post it till Saturday, or even late friday, then likely it sat in their post office all of saturday.. Sunday they were closed.. Monday closed.. Tuesday they finally process it.. Wednesday, and Thursday it's shipped around.. It could show up today or tomorrow, reasonably. But if it wasnt there by Monday, I would for sure open up a case myself.

I will sometimes print my shipping out one day, and actually take the package to the post office the next, so I think that could be an issue if she is juggling time. Often for me, this is how I balance my time because I work overnights, so I can sympathize a little there.

Post Merge: May 31, 2012, 10:34:21 AM

Also, Could you get a tracking number from her by any chance? Then you can see where it is

Hmm... that is a good point. I think you're right... I'll wait until Monday before I do anything. A tracking number was not provided, but I do have the order number. Is it possible to see the tracking from that?

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »
I would message her again. See what she says about when she actually shipped it.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »
I would go with waiting until Monday too , and if your dino isnt there by then, take your dads advice and both message the seller and open a case (explaining that you opened the case to protect yourself since the item hasnt arrived, but that you will close the case once the item shows up) ;awake:
hopefully the parcel will arrive before it comes to that. Please let us know how it goes  *hugs*   :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 08:33:21 AM »
It's Monday, and it arrived today. :) I'm glad that it didn't resort to opening a case because I'd rather an experience be positive than to have issues.

I'm leaving positive feedback. Nothing went particularly wrong, and the seller was friendly. Should I mention the shipping though? Really, I don't regret anything though so I'd say this was an overall good experience.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 01:52:11 PM »
Yeah!   :cheer:  I am so glad it arrived finally.
It is up to you if you want to make mention of the slow shipping.  If you are happy and feel overall it was a good experience then I see no need to.  But that is entirely up to you.  I actually do not think it would hurt to maybe say "Good Communication but delay in shipping."  or something along those lines.   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal