collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How is ebay nowadays? And how do you keep in line with spending?  (Read 541 times)

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
I'm just wondering as I have stayed away from it for ages. I had a look now and I think a lot of sellers must be on drugs. There are so many expensive BIN auctions on there now. It's ebay UK I use anyway. I'm not actually planning to buy anything there at the moment, it's such a slippery slope. I have agreed with my partner that our priority should be buying a house and ebay is dangerous. I will rather have constant awareness for cheap deals locally. Me thinks even my partner can't argue if I score great deals for rare/sought after ponies :banana: . I also think it wouldn't be fair if we don't treat ourselves a little now and then. I hope to be able to sell some pony stuff, and that money I certainly plan to keep for other ponies. I just really wish the postal service in Norway wasn't so expensive. How on earth am I supposed to sell common ponies to people abroad when they can just get them from someone closer..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: How is ebay nowadays? And how do you keep in line with spending?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »
*pony hugs*  I feel the same way sometimes!  You just have to be vigilant about other sources and find ways to enjoy what you have.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 01:23:12 PM »
Thanks ^^. I try to think that the ponies will be around later as well, and later I will have my own house with a pony room I can actually fit more ponies into :). My current pony room has reached maximum capacity, so if I get more I can't really display them well anyway. I don't like my ponies stuffed away in boxes, they should be freeee ^^. One of my co workers said she has some stored away that I can have when she tidies up the storage room :). Free ponies are super whoever they are. She said they are from the early 90's which could be G1 and G2, *yey* to both :D.

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 03:27:54 PM »
Oh there are certainly some crazy BIN prices on ebay - always have been and probably always will be! However, in general despite the economy [insert sad music here], I think a lot of pony prices have increased more than you would expect [others have of course stayed the same and some have dropped]. An average in 09 for a pony like Barnacle would maybe have been $15ish not he is running at $20 on average...thats just an example of course.

Ebay as ever has lots of bargains if you are lucky and vigilant but equally some crackerjack crazy prices too!

I dont keep in line with spending anywhere near as much as I should...I have been needing to sell items for about 2 years now but simply never seem to get everything sorted!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 03:36:53 PM »
Ebay IS dangerous  :biggrin: I just try not to look because there are so many pretty ponies with bizarre prices. It's hard not to look, though, especially because there really aren't many/any G1s showing up in thrift stores where I live anymore.
I don't mind international shipping. Well, I do mind, but the postal service in Canada is expensive too :yikes: so I understand, there's just nothing to be done about it. I'm sure you'll find others who are fine dealing with international shipping too :hug:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal