collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need a "frenchie" = parlez-vous français ?  (Read 1146 times)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Need a "frenchie" = parlez-vous français ?
« on: May 29, 2012, 09:46:25 AM »
Bonjour... OK = that and Merci are about all I remember - been struggling with an ebay transaction that ended = I thought = fine with me sending a wire for the invoiced amount and seller was fine shipping worldwide :-) yay for ebay.fr... except  =
Now I get a claim that only 174 euros were received... so does any France Native know if banks there charge an incoming wire fee? My US bank would charge me a fee for an incoming wire.  So I thought, OK = new seller (18) and not a huge deal to explain = sorry you didn't account for that amount in your invoice, I paid per ebay policy.
I know I did that on like my first international package to Mexico = calculated flat rate US (hoof to face moment) = ah well, live and learn moment/don't do that again.

But seller writes back that bank doesn't charge for a wire transfer... so now I am reaching out here = I am sorry I am a mono-linguist American... and I don't trust google translate to be much help

thanks a mil in advance for a PM to help = mon dieu... I had no idea me trying to get an italian sea pony and a no country apple etc. was gonna get complicated

MCM
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
Re: Need a "frenchie" = parlez-vous français ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »
And you're absolutely certain you paid in the correct currency?

I agree that it sounds like she got a fee and didn't realize it.

Offline Yuitsu

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 10:44:37 AM »
You/they may well have been charged because it's an international transfer, regardless of if it's in the right currency. Domestic wires tend to be free, but not internationals.

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
heya all :-)

yeah, invoice was $182,48 euros.  So I go to my bank saying = " I need to wire to X (french bank) 182,48 euros."  So my bank charges me for the wire fee ( $15 = which was reduced from $40 so I was happy for "so little" a charge), the currency exchange (about $5) to then confirm the deduction of correct USD from my checking account to wire transfer over  182,48 euros to France... so I think I am fine and that what happened was that seller is stating she's only received 174 euros since they charged her a fee to accept my "international/incoming whatever you want to lable it" wire... but she just wrote to me that her bank doesn't charge for transfers.  But I am thinking she didn't get that I was international and that's why it was a charge to her = she's used to ebay.fr/local buy-sell so no charge... c'est la vie ;-)

So as of now, I am blaming google translate for the mis-communication and hoping to solve.  Meantime she's at least sent her bank contact info so I am gonna call my bank and see if maybe it was a counter mistake of some sort (it happens... heck I have ponies mailed from Colombia get sent to India first!)

yah, all because I mis-read (no translator) je ne PAYPAL and thought, oh good, seller takes paypal :-/  (hoof-face moment for missing "ne")
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:52:13 AM by maycrestmom »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »
Hope you can get things worked out  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 06:37:07 PM »
Giving this a :bump: for you - hopefully someone who speaks fluent French will be able to help you smooth things out with your seller. I'm sure its due to her bank charging her a fee to accept an international payment too, but of course it wont hurt to check with your own bank as well just to be certain ;) 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
Re: Need a \"frenchie\" = parlez-vous français ?
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »
heya = thanks you two :-) appreciate it... boy I hope my call to the bank tomorrow will resolve this easily enough. 

well for better or worse, seller's pretty insistent that it's not a wire fee  = here's what I sent and got as a reply...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: shoppergrrrl
Subject: Re: Payment and checkout: shoppergrrrl sent a message about MON PETIT PONEY MY LITTLE PONY MADE NO COUNTRY 1982 APPLEJACK POMME APPLE #330728616471
Sent Date: May-29-12 15:43:19 PDT

Dear shoppergrrrl,Bonsoir, oui, je vous confirme ne pas être facturé pour les paiement internationaux. Beaucoup de mes ventes ont été faites avec paiement via virement international et j'en ai jamais eu de frais de ma banque. Cordialement.- lapinmite 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: lapinmite
Subject: Re: Payment and checkout: shoppergrrrl sent a message about MON PETIT PONEY MY LITTLE PONY MADE NO COUNTRY 1982 APPLEJACK POMME APPLE #330728616471
Sent Date: May-29-12 11:29:24 PDT

Dear lapinmite,Merci beaucoup pour l'information. Je vais essayer d'avoir mon banquier appeler votre banquier. Désolé de me répéter pour demander, excuses si je suis un idiot. Etes-vous sûr que vous n'êtes pas facturé pour les virements internationaux? Etes-vous sûr deux virements nationaux et internationaux sont libres? Encore une fois, je vous remercie et j'espère pouvoir trouver pourquoi mes envoi 182,48 euros traduits pour vous reçu 174 euros Cordialement Monica sorry poor french - google translate
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm feeling just awful how something went wrong and I had no clue since on my end, my bank is sending me confirmation emails saying essentially everything is fine...

and of course, lucky me, being a bank transfer ebay is unable to track so unable to really support me since she put a non-pay ticket on the deal.  At least when I called ebay support they said my case to think it was a seller wire fee made sense.   But it doesn't make sense for a seller with 100% feedback to not be honest... yeah, it'll be a sweet lot of ponies crossing the pond if I can figure this out (fingers crossed)

Post Merge: May 29, 2012, 07:06:37 PM

oh yah = and I will gladly thank whoever helps with a pony providing you have a wish list and an address ;-) a good turn deserves a bit of ponyjoy sent your way in my book
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:06:37 PM by maycrestmom »

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 11:56:41 PM »
Oh no this sounds complicated. I hope you get it solved. I don't know what it can be other than a fee.

Offline Yuitsu

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 01:34:40 AM »
Which bank was it to?

She's been charged a fee she wasn't aware of, because you're international. I've yet to come across a bank that will do international transfers free - if they did, western union and its cheaper rates wouldn't exist. I think my bank charges £15 to send money internationally and then they'd be charged the other end for receiving as well. She's only been charged 8 euros, not a huge amount really.

I can't speak french, unfortunatly, but suggest in the next mail that there may be an international charge put forward by her bank.

If theres a REAL problem, I can get 10euros and post it to her in a card.

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »
well I may have to have you put money literally "in the mail" and gladly forward you a nirvana pony or something Yuitsu - as in a novel = the plot thickens...

OK - so I get the email confirmation from my bank = yep, looks like seller had a bank fee/incoming wire of 10,5 euro so that's close to claim of missing 10 euro = OK

So I write back same old same old please understand I have no control over your bank fees.  I paid as invoiced, please send all items.  So I get this reply:

Dear shoppergrrrl,Bonsoir, je comprend bien que votre banque prend des frais mais au final je n ai pas reçu le montant exact demandé. Merci de faire le nécessaire pour régler les 10 euros manquant, cordialement.- lapinmite Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply 

To: lapinmite
Subject: Payment and checkout: shoppergrrrl sent a message about MON PETIT PONEY MY LITTLE PONY MADE NO COUNTRY 1982 APPLEJACK POMME APPLE #330728616471
Sent Date: May-30-12 13:42:23 PDT

Dear lapinmite,Bonjour Mon banquier a provisoirement confirmé de La Banque Postale facture des frais de fil d'arrivée avec preuves à l'appui. Je serai heureux de transmettre une pièce jointe à partir de votre banque indiquant ces frais. S'il vous plaît comprendre que, comme indiqué précédemment, je n'ai aucun contrôle sur vos frais bancaires et nous vous demandons d'annuler votre ebay non-paiement du rapport et expédier tous les articles. J'ai bien payé. S'il vous plaît voir le prochain e-mail de mon banquier - il est bien sûr en anglais, mais je l'ai senti mieux que vous avez vu l'original et non une traduction. Merci pour la compréhension et je me réjouis à l'examen de cette jurisprudence constante. Cordialement, Monica- shoppergrrrl

google translate:

Good evening, I understood that your bank is taking charge but in the end I have not received the exact amount requested. Thank you for doing what is necessary to set the 10 euros missing, cordially.

so wow = I am just to pay up period... great.  So I write back

Bonsoir,
Juis suis confus = 182,48 minus 174 is 8,48 euros not 10.  Why am I to pay you 10 euros? 

If I go back to my bank to send 10 euros they will charge me $15USD and your bank will charge you an incoming wire fee so you will receive less than 10 euros and  I will once again have the same problem that you receive less than you want me to pay.

Are you sure "ne paypal" ?? I will gladly send 10 euros immediately thru paypal.

please offer how I am to find a solution as I am stuck

cordialment

Monica

and send it thru google translate so it's all french (I hope)

well = it is anyone's guess how I will solve - I will try as it would be a bummer to cancel = I was really hoping for a no country applejack that'd be like the set completer for the CP's of her...

hmmm = this one is interesting that is for sure.

Oh, and just in case anyone else can benefit from reading.  Called ebay support again, and was told they would remove the non-pay report as it is like the only one I have ever had (I dunno 10 years on ebay?) but that if the seller resolves to not send all the items, than my only recourse is to file a report against the seller for non-receipt of items = they will not try to mediate otherwise and it is up to just the two of us trying to figure this out... once again c'est la vie

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 04:27:02 PM »
Ok - well seller apparently now "je paypal" = re-activated or whatever... so hmm, ok - down another 10 euros and kinda clever if that was a way to avoid some ebay fees or whatever.
Still I did some snooping on the profile and lucky we are a small universe = found a fellow arena member who had recently bought = so asked if there were any problems, hope I am just being paranoid as all in all my general experiences have been pony people are awesome ...her paypal is kiwiwarrior something which doesn't ring any alarm bells as a known scammer, so hopefully after a stubbed toe this all works out
I was able to contact a french member just before I got the email that seller does have paypal, so overall just thrilled that we are all connected here :-) so hooves crossed and hopeful for a happy ending at this point

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 05:54:26 PM »
*Crosses hooves for you*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 02:28:51 AM »
Let us know if the other member had any problems. I think the whole situation is pretty unfair for you.

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 02:11:36 PM »
 ;) Hi deeply sorry for your problem. Just wanted to tell you that I recently bought a pony from Lapinmite and she is a nice person, with good communication. I hope the situation will soon be ok  .
Hugs Bibinette
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 08:50:27 AM »
heya :-) Bibenettepony = thanks for mentioning you've bought from / she's a good seller ...  so here's the wrap-up:
Overall my feeling is mixed given I am one to understand all stories have two sides = it's still just a tad annoying.  I am now torn about ebay feedback. I don't want to be overly harsh given I am not fluent in French and just glad the whole deal ended up with ponies in hand, but just miffed to find out seller had a paypal account and so I wasted $15US in bank fees plus needless time on phone to confirm  on my end it was due to her side fees etc.   In hindsight,  I should've pressed from the beginning to ask to use paypal... ugh

So like I said,  "the solution" was because the seller was able to get paypal.

It was a pretty blunt request (seemed to me) and she didn't seem to care that it was her problem to not have added in her side bank fee on the original invoice = basically =  told me pay up another 10 euros as a gift on paypal or she was holding back a spanish applejack.
So obviously I paid up. 
Bright side, she must've shipped express because the ponies arrived in under a week and she included an italian sparkler and winger ( I think buzzer? pink with blue hair and yellow symbol, I'll have to look up, never can remember everybody's names) as extras so I guess I was lucky in that my italian purple hair sparkler "dad" and argie red hair "mom" were missing their daughter  ;-) so good she came home from France...

I'm almost done with pony spa stuff so will post some pics of the happy (mostly) ending... thanks again all for arena support :-)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal