collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 3 random ID's?..please?  (Read 2213 times)

Wilford B Wolf

• Trade Count: (0)
3 random ID's?..please?
« on: May 28, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »
so..a few years back i was clearing some farm land, delapidated house barn and shop...being a bit of a packrat i went thru HUGE piles found lots of intresting and cool stuff but we are talking about 20 dumptruckloads spread thru 3 buildings...it was a DISASTER and i was the one given the keys to the place and told to make it ready for the new owner B Y the new owner..keep what you want put everything else in a burn pile

anyway i found these 3....i will admit they are what re-started my intrest in ponys and shortly after i fumbled into G4 and was blow away...somewhere...in storage my old moving boxes are some of my childhood ponys what ones..i honestly dont know..ill get to them in time but they are safe

anyway these 3 came home..and were NOT cleaned..they are weathered and still in the shape they were in when the last child stopped playing with them or were lost in the junk piles...so dont give me grief for not cleaning them yet...as i think it kinda gives them character....and they are 99% EXACTLY as i found them..and have been living quietly on top of my desk ever since

the large one im pretty sure is a fake..but the feather was found in the same pile so i stuffed it in her allready braided hair...the other 2 are stamped hasbro on the hooves

so..what gen/year/names?...im thinking they might be a lil rare i mean..a CAMEL?!?!? id never seen a camel before and all the feedable babys ive seen didnt have holes(2 holes?!?!?)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

yes once ID'ed id like to clean them up...so any input on cleaning would be great..i dont want to scrub off any paint!!!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
Re: 3 random ID's?..please?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 04:35:38 PM »
im pretty sue the pink one is a fakie reminds me of the curnet walmart fakies

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »
The Camel's name is Spunky I believe and the Drink N Wet baby is Baby Rainfeather... I think!!! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, lol. The other one is a fakie :) Great finds though!!

I'm not sure how hard to find they are since I've never researched them before. Someone else should know though :)
My Wish List

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »
Yup, that's Spunky the camel, a pony friend from year 5. Pony friends are always fairly HTF though Spunky is one of the more common ones I believe?

And Shenanigans is right, it's Baby Rainfeather, a drink 'n wet from year 8. She would've had a diaper originally. :)

The big fakie I don't know anything about either, sorry.

Hope it helps! I love Spunky :heart:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:42:08 PM by Zombelina »
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Wilford B Wolf

Re: 3 random ID\'s?..please?
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 04:41:48 PM »
im pretty sue the pink one is a fakie reminds me of the curnet walmart fakies

yeah that and NO marking on the hooves aside from made in china.....the other 2..if they are fakes in any way ..they went so far as to forge hasbro.....

aside from being dirty they "look" to bee in good shape tho there seems to be some small sharp animal marks on one of the camels legs if you look REALLY close ....i mean i didnt notice till just now

Post Merge: May 28, 2012, 04:46:22 PM

so baby rainfeather and spunky eh...somehow i find alot of humor in the thought of a spunky camel at 1500ft abouve sea level on a farm....

a drink n wet baby..thats the idea ii had in my head but still seemed a bit...ODD

well i must thank you all a bunch..i didnt expect to get that kind of answers that quickly....so what gen are they...im still trying to get a good handle on gen identification
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:46:22 PM by Wilford B Wolf »

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 05:07:45 PM »

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 05:35:42 PM »
Oh, I love Spunky! What a lucky find!

To clean then, I'd just start with soap and water to get the fairly loose dirt off. After that, a lot of people would probably recommend a Magic Eraser, but I like toothpaste and a toothbrush. You can just wash and condition the hair to get rid of frizz, and gently comb it out.

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 05:55:01 PM »
Those are first generation.

Info on baby: [size=78%]http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/8th_edition_ponies.html#baby_drink_n_wet_ponies[/size]

Info on camel: [size=78%]http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/5th_edition_ponies2.html#pony_friends5[/size]

YAY...but

ok i feel like a TOTAL idiot but ive gotta share it .....the bottle and the lil block crib/changing table?...i did find in one of those piles but was not aware they went with the poor lil pony..in fact they wernt even seen on the same day so how was i to know....but boy am i suddenly kicking myself..i figured it was just generic dolly stuff and wanted nothing to do with it.....lemmy bash my head into the table for a lil while...DOH

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »
Oh no! I've done the same thing though...found a baby pony in a box of junky toys at a yard sale, saw some of it's accessories, but didn't know what they were at the time, and left them behind. :yikes:

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 06:14:37 PM »
Oooo ouch! That kind of painful stuff always happens when you first learn about something new. I didn't realize until recently that the second generation was even My Little Pony and found that my sister actually had one of the magic motion ones. She had already gotten rid of it in one of her cleaning purges and it was donated to goodwill. Then we found the playset recently and I realized it was Gen2 and we were both upset that she got rid of the pony. I personally think that generation is a little funny looking but i'd gladly add her to my collection anyway.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 08:15:00 PM »
Cute finds! I love random pony finds!  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 11:33:08 PM »
in a fit of boredom and annoyed at the sudden inability to attend everfree....im cleaning these ole girls up

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 02:22:27 AM »
Gosh what a random place to find ponies!

They are not super rare but people are always on the look out for Spunky so certainly worth a clean and offer for sale if you are not keeping them! Good luck
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 06:36:14 AM »
Wow! Nice finds!

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 10:50:35 AM »
i do intend to keep atleast spunky...the 3 of thhem got a good deep scrub last night with the exception of the fact i didnt want to unbraid the fakies hair "yet"......brushed out the otehr 2 sooo much tangled mess in that friz..they came suprisingly clean...now i need to figth teh frizzys!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal