collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Nirvana brag (if I can call it that)  (Read 497 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
New Nirvana brag (if I can call it that)
« on: May 28, 2012, 08:29:20 AM »
After waiting in anticipation for almost a week (mainly because I wasn't certain if the package is ever gonna arrive, as the seller didn't bother to reply to ANY of my emails... you just gotta love this), I finally got it.

About a week ago I won this auction of a pony lot:

http://allegro.pl/kucyk-pony-8-sztuk-prezent-gratis-dodatowo-i2338482471.html

And today the package came to me. And in the package, among all the ponies, was this girl:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Italian Skyflier. :)

And while I'm really happy to have recieved her, as it can be seen, her condition's far from mint. Forgetting that she's dirty and her eyes is smudged, it looks like her mane and tail had been cut... That and her tail is in a pretty bad shape, very frizy and with a rust at the end.

So, my question is: should I give her a new tail? Or should I just leave her as it is? I'm asking mainly, because rehairing seems to be a big issue when it comes to the Nirvanas, so I'm just making sure I won't screw up...

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: New Nirvana brag (if I can call it that)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 09:57:13 AM »
Wow!! Congrats!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 11:14:14 AM »
i'd say before you rehair her, try to condition it really well and if you can, use a flat iron on the lowest setting while the conditioner is still in the hair (keep the hair wet and full of conditioner)

rehairing does tend to devalue ponies, even with a cut tail you might see her go for more than as a rehair ...

... a dab of toothpast worked into the rust at the base of her tail should get that out as well

she does look super pretty though! congrats!
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 12:01:52 PM »
Oh she looks like a pretty pony despite her flaws, good luck fixing her up!

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 12:24:50 PM »
Thanks for the tips, guys! :)

So I've given Skyflier a nice bath and tried to work something out and here are the results so far:

I've conditioned her hair and even tried to straighten her tail a little (only a little, since I'm too scared I'd burn the whole thing...). She actually looks really sweet now. Sure, her she isn't in the best imaginable condition but still it's something!

And I'm really happy that her tail turned out so neat - it looks much better and much longer than expected. Maybe she won't be needing a rehairing afterall?

However, there are two things that tick me off. First off this one:

I'm not entirely certain if you can see it, but it can be seen that Skyflier has a cut near the line where her head and body are connected. Someone tried decapitating her!  :shocked:  Poor Skyflier... :(

Also here you have a view of her "ass-shot":

That's the second problem. Some kid thought it would be a fantastic idea to cut off some portion of Skyflier's tail, right where it meets the tail-hole. Sorry for the bad quality... my camera sucks at taking good-quality photos from this close. :P

Still, despite those flaws, I'm happy to have Skyflier as part of my collection - there's something sweet about her. :3 :3

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »
awww, i think she's cleaned up amazingly wel so far! and yeah i was afraid of using the straightener for awhile, but now it's old hat for me lol, just keep the hair wet, keep it conditioned, keep the flat iron on lowand keep it moving and you're golden! :) you might try leaving some conditioner in her mane/tail for awhile and see if that helps to remove more of the frizz with a few more passes of the flat iron ... but really from the state she started in i think you've done an AMAZING job on her! :)

as for her flaws ... well she is a pretty old litle pony and they're bound to pick up some kind of flaw or two along the way ... she looks positively pristine compared to some of the rescued ponies in my herd lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 01:52:16 PM »
I think she has cleaned up fairly well.  I am in the minority but I would rather own a rehaired nirvana that looks pretty on the shelf than one that is original but a bit manky.  It's all about the hair for me! 

I would probably take kamakazee82's advice though and keep her original.  Congrats on your find!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 06:02:18 PM »
Wow she is a beauty! Im super jealous, If you want to rehome her someday, LMK!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal