collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: impulse thrift brag =]  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
impulse thrift brag =]
« on: May 26, 2012, 04:58:50 PM »
so i went garagesaleing today and it was a bust. my hometown is apparently in a garagesale draught. so crestfallen i was on my way home, and had decided against hitting the thriftstore on the way home, cause its usually full of junk and just doesnt feel very clean (hense why i refer to it as a dirt-mall) but just as i was passing it up the guy in front of me slams on his breaks and pulls into the lot, i decided it was a sign from the ponygods, since i had to brake too might as well pull in after him. went inside, ready to be disappointed, and in the toy section for just $1.21 (interesting price, i know) i found...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

a second Brown "proto-pony" (the original My Pretty Pony)... she was in pretty terrible shape, hair is just... horrible... and she has rough patches in her plastic here and there, looks like a kid rubbed her on the sidewalk for a couple hours, and her paint is pretty badly rubbed, and the employees wrote the price ON HER, twice!(not even discreetly on the bottom of her hoof... no they scribbled it right there in plain sight on her butt... sigh) ... so ive decided ima crack her open and see about customizing her. i figure itll be an interesting challenge, and ive never seen someone customize a dinosaur pony so it might be a fun first =]

also got one of those $5 bags of miscellanious toys that had 2 fakie babies (one is the merry go round people love) and a random G3. i figure i can practice rehairing on them or use them as trade bait. =]
also got the tiger figure in the same bag, i liked the look of him, but his paint is pretty bad, so ill prolly repaint him and maybe do some sculpting/etc/etc to him for fun when i feel froggy.

so im glad i gave in to impulse, it saved an otherwise depressing day.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:58:08 PM by Eluluu »

Offline Nonnavlis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Re: impulse thrift brag =]
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 06:34:25 PM »
Nice find with the pretty pony! I've been dying to see someone customize one, so I do hope you do so! Any ideas?

Offline Eluluu

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 06:53:53 PM »
i havent made up my mind who ima do yet, im gonna have to flip thru the guide to make a list of candidates... im more of a uni/peg person, so no real favorite earth ponies. =P part of me wants to say raincurl but not sure yet. =P

but im DEFINATELY doing it, tho when i start will be up in the air. but ill do progress shots, so succeed or fail, you can all see what happens. =P

hmm tho now that i think about it i DO have a softspot for Gingerbread... but id feel bad not making her a TE, and im not sure how id pull off an eyeswap =P well just have to wait and see, but im adding her to the list of '...maybe's
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:56:21 PM by Eluluu »

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 07:17:43 PM »
Squee! I don't even care if it will be forever from now, that's way to exciting!

Raincurl would be amazing. But I am also a fan of Gingerbread! Something about those gem eyes... Any pony you pick would be amazing, though.

Can't say I have any ideas on making functioning twinkle eyes for Pretty Pony, but I wish you luck if you decide to try. I wonder if there might exist a gem-patterned doll eye? I've seen a lot of weird eyes on BJDs.

Offline Eluluu

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 08:08:11 PM »
so far the candidates:
Truly
Gingerbread (tho substituting eyes or dremeling out a recess for a gem to be dropped into makes me nervous)
SweetStuff (same as above problem)
Sundance (was never a HUGE sd fan, but it kinda makes sense that she be the first to be turned into a Pretty Pony...)
Raincurl
Stripes

hmm maybe i should narrow the list down to the ones that speak to me then make it a poll...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:30:52 AM by Eluluu »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 08:47:10 PM »
Wow! I enjoyed reading your story! :D ("dirt-mall" Yikes!)

Good luck on customizing!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 08:51:09 PM »
I've never seen a pretty pony in real life so big congrats on your find.  I once bought a G1 Glory who had 10c written on her side in balck vivid. It makes you wonder what the people who do the pricing are thinking! 

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 03:53:57 AM »
Great finds, grats!

Offline Eluluu

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 07:29:53 AM »
yeah this would be my 3rd pretty pony (2 brown and one pink) i almost got a pink one with her saddle and hat etc... all her goodies... but that was before i knew what it was, i was at my favorite antique mall (Volo) and saw her, was only like $10ish but i wasnt sure if she was really pony cause id never seen one. decided to hold out and double back after finishing up my gridsearch (volo is like 4 antique malls connected together) for true ponies... came back not 20 minutes later froma  fruitless search, figuring i might as well get the mystery pony, just in time to see a little girl take it off the shelf. enter ragespike and urge to tackle a 7 year old, yelling GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE... but i refrained, and ended up goin home empty handed. =[ learned not long after just what id missed out on. sigh... with ACCESSORIES! ... =/
*end flashback*

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 07:47:40 AM »
Congrats on your find! It sometimes pays to take a look :D We have a Dirt Cheap here... and that's what it's really called, lol. And it is diiiiirty o_o
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »
Congrats! Wow that Pretty Pony is huge! XD

Sternenstaub

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 03:54:28 PM »
Congrats!!

Offline Emberly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 03:07:53 AM »
Isn't the reason you've never seen them customized because they're pretty rare? ^^; I've never seen one before in real life. I'm personally a member of the 'restore old ponies to preserve them for future pony lovers' club. ;) Congrats on your find though!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 08:48:10 PM »
Nice finds! Congrats!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 11:23:49 PM »
Congrats on your find!  :)
Sales on HOLD!