collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How much to send FROM France to overseas?  (Read 637 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
How much to send FROM France to overseas?
« on: May 23, 2012, 10:01:04 PM »
ooohhhh!!!! There is a pony I reallllllly really really want to bid on, but the shipping quote came back at something that made me gasp. The quote for up to three ponies was 26 euro (erk!!) based on between 0-3kg... but can it really be right?!

I've asked for another quote for just one pony, not tracked or insured, and I'm hoping to get another answer from the seller that might encourage me to bid, but can anyone give me an idea of what it costs to ship one pony from France to overseas (outside Europe)? Has anyone bought from there before?

I'm having daydreams about this pony taking up a prime spot in my cabinet!  XD

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How much to send FROM France to overseas?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:38:01 PM »
It depends on what service they use :) I don't remember the names specifically, but there are cheaper options available. I've gotten a G2 shipped to me from France for ~3-5 euros before.

Offline CuteyBina3

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 12:12:28 AM »
I dont know french shipping prices and rules, but its alot, maybe they sent it with tracking or so? Normal package post in that weight class is 17 euros from here to outside Europe. Thats also expensive lol

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 02:32:31 PM »
A belated thanks for your replies!  After an enquiry with her post office, she came back with a quote for 1-2 ponies at 11.50 euro... I'm gonna take the plunge and see if I can get this gal  ;)  If I get her, she'll be expensive, but I think worth it!

Thanks again  :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 06:24:13 PM »
I'm glad to hear you got a cheaper shipping quote :)  I know shipping from France can work out expensive sometimes depending on the way they send the parcel.   Here's wishing you all the best with the auction!! I hope you win  :cheer: 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »
Thanks Ringlets!

Well.. I did miss out, sadly! I did only bid the minimal amount, so to be expected, but bidding anymore would have made the pony very expensive for me. What stinks is that I only missed out by .50 euro! (one bid above!)  XD

It was the most beautiful Italian Lickety Split... perfect pink and curly hair... ahhh sigh.... Not the most exciting pony on the planet, but gosh was she pretty!   :sheepish:

Never mind!

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 12:17:17 AM »
Oh look, don't feel bad I got stung really bad as a newbie...paid 2 euro for a gorgeous Italian Bowtie (she has luscious curly locks!) and didn't check the postage - that pony will never be sold now as I cannot realistically expect to get 28 euro for her. Yes the postage was horrendous and my own silly fault for impulse bidding.  However I have her to remind me of what I have learned :) and at least she isn't baity! You will most certainly get another LS, and better yet, one from a seller here, so you an be assured of quality and reasonable shipping :)
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »
Hi Tiggums - thanks for your message  :)  Yeah, I'm still hopeful of finding another gorgeous Lickety Split - patience patience! And as you say, hopefully from here, where shipping won't be so ghastly! ;)   Your Bowtie sounds lovely  - I have a couple of 'lesson learned' ponies too... whilst they can sting a little because of it, they're also pretty special for it too!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal