collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My MLP History group has a very own Blogspot! 8D  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Faerie-StarV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
My MLP History group has a very own Blogspot! 8D
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »
One of my members of MLP-History group from Deviantart, noted me about the project and asking me if he could make a blogspot based on my group which I approved.

Two days later, he finished it! http://mlphistory.blogspot.com/ I already gave him my permission to use my pics for the blog and I've updated my group journal asking members if they want to participate with us by sending the pics as long we give credit to them. If you guys want to help out to educate the new fans about previous generations by using your pics, that would be great too. If not, that's fine as well.

A big thank you to ElevenRaptor who made that MLP-History Blogspot! Let's give him all the pony hugs he needs, everyone!

:lovey:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: My MLP History group has a very own Blogspot! 8D
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 11:34:05 PM »
Its really neato to have a blog like that...bravo  :cheer: :cheer: :iconclap:   The only thing that bugs me is that he has used the wrong ponies for 1982 year 1.  Those first two pony photos are all reproductions at least most of them are. They were made only a few years ago. He really needs to put a photo up of the original versions rather than reproductions. JMHO... :biggrin:  Thanks for sharing the site.  This is the post I am talking about where the 1st 2  pictures are repros rather than originals.
http://mlphistory.blogspot.com/2012/05/lesson-2-mlp-gen-1-toy-line.html
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:39:01 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 12:31:46 AM »
Awesome!!

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 12:37:09 AM »
Cool blog :D What a great idea ^^

Offline Faerie-StarV

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 08:04:15 AM »
Its really neato to have a blog like that...bravo  :cheer: :cheer: :iconclap:   The only thing that bugs me is that he has used the wrong ponies for 1982 year 1.  Those first two pony photos are all reproductions at least most of them are. They were made only a few years ago. He really needs to put a photo up of the original versions rather than reproductions. JMHO... :biggrin:  Thanks for sharing the site.  This is the post I am talking about where the 1st 2  pictures are repros rather than originals.
http://mlphistory.blogspot.com/2012/05/lesson-2-mlp-gen-1-toy-line.html

About that, those pics are mine and he wanted to use them since he didn't want to take others pics without their permission and get in trouble for it. I do have the original 1982 Blossom but that's all I have. Maybe you can help us by asking any members here if they have the original 1982 pony pics or suggest a sites that allows him to use it. :3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 10:01:14 AM »
Yea I totally understand... :biggrin:
Okay I got all of my vintage ones out.  Sadly I do not have all flat foot, but these are the vintage ponies which might be better to use until someone can post a photo of all flat foot.  I don't know if they look any different from the others other than the bottom of their hooves..so it may not matter.  If he wants he can use this photo. I would love to help.  If he needs a better photo just let me know.  He needs to save this and load it on his own photo hosting site as this is just a tiny pic and I don't know how long it will last.  Let me know if there is another pony you need a photo of..I might have it...I dont have a huge collection but I have some neato ponies. ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:13:45 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Faerie-StarV

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 11:51:17 AM »
Yea I totally understand... :biggrin:
Okay I got all of my vintage ones out.  Sadly I do not have all flat foot, but these are the vintage ponies which might be better to use until someone can post a photo of all flat foot.  I don't know if they look any different from the others other than the bottom of their hooves..so it may not matter.  If he wants he can use this photo. I would love to help.  If he needs a better photo just let me know.  He needs to save this and load it on his own photo hosting site as this is just a tiny pic and I don't know how long it will last.  Let me know if there is another pony you need a photo of..I might have it...I dont have a huge collection but I have some neato ponies. ;)

Awesome! Thanks! That one's good enough and I'll note Raptor about the changes when he gets back online. :3
We may need more in the future but not yet. When we get there, I'll give you a heads up.

WeirdRaptor

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 12:23:53 PM »
Yo, this is 'ElvenRaptor' here. Yeah, I know my username is WeirdRaptor, but it's me. This'll do just fine. Thank you!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 01:09:07 PM »
Cute idea! Looks like you have put a lot of work in there! Cant wait to see more lessons.

The only think that might confuse people is the G1.5 description for Tales...but I assume you are calling it that because thats what you consider the cartoon?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

WeirdRaptor

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 01:11:30 PM »
Pretty much, yeah. Next lesson is G2, followed by the G2 PC game.
I can honestly say that I'm dredding having to to make one for the G3 Direct-toVideo movies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 01:39:23 PM »
Thats fine! I just wondered as the toys are G1, I didnt realise some people called the cartoons G1.5...
Loa is my love god!

Offline Faerie-StarV

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 01:48:17 PM »
Thats fine! I just wondered as the toys are G1, I didnt realise some people called the cartoons G1.5...

The name is unofficial so that's why we called it G1.5 instead of Tales since it's different from the previous one. :3

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 02:16:26 PM »

The name is unofficial so that's why we called it G1.5 instead of Tales since it's different from the previous one. :3

I've heard some people call the retro G1 ponies "G1.5" before but not MLP Tales. It could get confusing as the MLP Tales toys are still G1 so technically the cartoon should be too.

WeirdRaptor

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »
Speaking of which, does anyone know why the Tales toys were never available in the U.S. market, despite there being a Canadian made U.S. broadcast cartoon on the Disney Channel about them?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 02:29:34 PM »
Speaking of which, does anyone know why the Tales toys were never available in the U.S. market, despite there being a Canadian made U.S. broadcast cartoon on the Disney Channel about them?

Because the MLP line was finished in the US but the line was still going in UK/Euro...we didnt get the cartoon here but we got the ponies but our Comic line heavily features Tales towards its end so their was a tie up.
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal