collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Customizers- What crafty tools do you use?  (Read 404 times)

Offline Ligress

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart! (art is not updated but I am active to respond there!)
Pony Customizers- What crafty tools do you use?
« on: May 21, 2012, 07:27:42 PM »

Ok, so here's a Pony Customizers survey- What crafty tools do you use?
I been researching several facets  but I was dying to know what UNUSUAL tools do you use to make your work special?
If a question in a section you want to talk about isnt asked, ask yourself it so we can read it! ;)

:art: So- Here the basics of an interview! Take it, leave it, or only do parts!  =)

I have a lot of ideas flowing and I really like to see some effective images using "odd" techniques.
Also I just want to see some really awesome craftiness =)
Feel free to add as much or as little as you like on anything, and feel free to modify your post! =)
(If you feel it is really big feel free to use spoiler tags especially with large images)

-Heat guns, rhinestone/stuff heat guns, tools that puncture ponies.-

Do any of you use heat guns/embossing tools? How did it work out?
Tales of woe with melting?  What kind has been the best for the price?
 Does this tool last for years, months, decades??
Does this tool melt glitter, eyes, hair, etc and at what temp?
How do you know if your gun is too hot- does your machine have a sensor?
What do you use to make holes and was it worth the price?
Do brad guns work on ponies? How do you affix your gems or crystals/rhinestones?
Which style of jewels are your favorite (pictures would really help on this one ;) )

-Tattoo/Inked/Glow/Sand/Glitter -

Can you tattoo on ponies,  or use tattoo  ink especially ones with uv or special properties?
When sealed, does it still glow/have special properties? Does the ink bleed?
Are henna tattoos effective on ponies? How do you decide your markings on henna tattoos?
 and how to place them, what do you look at for inspiration?
 India ink on ponies- do you dilute it, can you get anything other then black for colors, what tool do you use to apply it?
Does it bleed/run over time? Can it be removed at all?
What glow paints work or don't work? Is sand good to use of does it make it muddy? Techniques?
Temporary images, rubs, watercolors, oil paints? Glitter and or faux effects you've used?

-Clayworking-
The best and worst of all the brands, is all over but...I have some specifics.
which ones have the best liquid or translucent clay - for clarity, for liquid (say fishbowl) effects,
 for clay food, for wings (are certain ones too light, fragile, dense, breakable).
Any tutorials on clothing or minis you've made for your customs? Would you change anything now?

What weird things have you done that came out INSANE- cool or really really awful?
What was your favorite mediums to use? Which were the worst? Whats somethng you would NEVER do again?
And finally, what is your favorite 'creative' use of a material (yours or someone elses)?

-Sewing- How did you make or adapt patterns to use on your ponies?
 Whats your favorite fabrics and prints to use?
What is the most elaborate pattern you can recall?
What is the simplest, cleanest type of clothing to make? Have you ever used fabric in a unexpected way?

-Other- Anything else! Beads, metal findings, etc, tell us what you made or embellished in a crafty way!

Bonus points for lovelies that post many, many  pictures inside spoiler tags! <3
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:39:08 PM by Ligress »
~ Have facebook? Selling or buying a custom pony, vintage toys  or pony extras?~
* MLP Extras for sale **http://www.facebook.com/groups/CUSTOMPONIES Vintage Toys BUY SELL TRADE *
Avatar Icon by L Correia My Ponysona Ligress

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal