collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mail Order concaves?  (Read 451 times)

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Mail Order concaves?
« on: May 21, 2012, 11:43:02 AM »
just curious on how to tell the difference between mail order concaves and the ones that were sold in stores. I received a cc cotton candy in a lot, and she's a light pink rather than the dark pink concaves I usually come across.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: Mail Order concaves?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
I THINK that the lighter Cotton Candy ponies were the store ones, not the MO ones.  But don't quote me on that.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »
Yes, MO Cotton Candy is quite an intense pink - almost Firefly pink.

However Cotton Candy was produced in staggering numbers just the volume that show up on second hand markets show that so no doubt there were an equally large number of batches of her produced - I think this is probably the reason for the variance in different lighter shade of pinks she seems to come in - that and all the different "lives" the ponies have had [kept safe and stored for years or out in the sun and constantly played with]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »
Hello!  You may find it helpful to do a search here to pull up other posts on this topic--there may be some that have the pics of the different shades for comparison. 

There are four basic US Cotton Candys:

1) FF - Released w/ the others early 1983, consistently light pink; came w/ light purple comb
2) CF light pink - Released later in 1983 in corrected/upright pose (the FFs tip over and look dumpy); came w/ light purple comb (this is the one you have)
3) CF medium pink - Released Jan 1984 w/ Year 2s; came w/ light purple flower brush
4) CF dark/hot pink - Available as a MO roughly 1986-1989; came w/ light purple comb

Cotton Candy may be most produced G1 of all time (I'd say it's between her, Blossom, Peachy, and Sundance, but I'm going w/ CC), so yes, there is no doubt some variation here and there, but what I have listed is pretty reliable.  Hope it helps!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »
Haha.  I remember we were all practically measuring our CP ponies with callipers once because some of us thought there might be a difference in the height to width ratio or something like that between issues :)  Gotta love the tiny variations.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal