collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello from a lost pony!  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Hello from a lost pony!
« on: May 20, 2012, 01:28:45 PM »
Hi! I'm a Canadian pony lover from way back -- I'm an 80s baby and I grew up with G1 ponies  :lovey:  I kept my childhood ponies and then started collecting more G1s in the early 2000s. That trailed off several years ago, but last year I got back into collecting Disney dolls, and then from there I got hooked on Monster High dolls, aaand then I started noticing how cute all the G4 ponies are and yeah -- now I'm collecting ponies again!

I have around 125 G1s in my collection, in varying condition as I don't usually mind some marks and whatnot. I'm thinking of eventually trading maybe half of them for G1s higher on my wishlist. Sticking to G1 for now, and going to try to stick to trades too, because all my money goes to MH dolls these days! (The woes of collecting All The Things.)

I won't inflict my entire collection on you, but my favourite ponies in my herd are the Sparkle Babies, Baby Countdown, Gusty & BBE Baby Gusty, SS Twist, TE Masquerade, TAF Sweet Tooth, BB Chief, GNS Dazzleglow and PP Bubblefish. Oh, and Creamsicle!

I was never really part of any online communities a decade (omg) ago, though I did buy some ponies here and there when the local thrifting was slow. So I'm excited to join here and hang out with all of you! I will work on posting my wishlist and trades list soon.  ^.^

xox Zombelina
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from a lost pony!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:36:29 PM »
Welcome! What's your fav monster high?  This is a great place to chat, customize, hang out with like minded people.  I'm sure you'll be very happy here.  Have a wonderful weekend I look forwards to seeing you around the forum.

Ps. I love your DA.  Can we expect some pony/monster high fan art??
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 01:40:39 PM »
Welcome to the Arena!  I am sure you will find lots of like-minded people to chat with.  Your collection sounds great.  Feel free to post some pics in the Brags forum for us to look at :frolic:

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 01:56:12 PM »
Hello!

Nice to meet you, and I'm glad you've found your way back to ponies again!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 02:44:04 PM »
Greetings and good afternoon, Zombelina. Welcome to the Arena. :welcome:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 03:11:19 PM »
Thank you so much for the warm welcome, everyone! It's lovely here already.

Sarahlacewing: My faves are Basic Ghoulia, Spectra, Toralei and Rochelle--which are yours? I also can't wait for the Roller Maze girls to come out, they're too cute! I'm happy you like my dA :blush: I've been thinking about doing some fan art as a break from my historical projects so, yeah! Very possible!

kiwimlp: Thanks! I will definitely post photos sometime. I love doing photoshoots of my collections, they hold still so much better than my cats :P

little.fox: Me too, I can't believe I was away from ponies for so long! I don't know how I stood it.

SourdoughStomper: Thanks! You guys are all super sweet :good:

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 04:03:03 PM »
welcome to the arena~!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »
Sarahlacewing: My faves are Basic Ghoulia, Spectra, Toralei and Rochelle--which are yours? I also can't wait for the Roller Maze girls to come out, they're too cute! I'm happy you like my dA :blush: I've been thinking about doing some fan art as a break from my historical projects so, yeah! Very possible!

Frankie is my favorite.  She is just so cute and I love her personality.  :) I only have one doll but I like making clothes for her.  Many people make custom monster high clothes or even custom monsters.  It's really neat. It would be awesome to see some art from you.  And if you ever decide to customize your art skills will come in handy.  I collect other vintage toys as well as ponies. Let me know if you need any help or if you ever want to do art/pony/toy swaps I like to help people out so they can build up feedback. :)
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 04:31:28 PM »
Welcome!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »

Frankie is my favorite.  She is just so cute and I love her personality.  :) I only have one doll but I like making clothes for her.  Many people make custom monster high clothes or even custom monsters.  It's really neat. It would be awesome to see some art from you.  And if you ever decide to customize your art skills will come in handy.  I collect other vintage toys as well as ponies. Let me know if you need any help or if you ever want to do art/pony/toy swaps I like to help people out so they can build up feedback. :)

I love Frankie too, she's such a darling! Her Dead Tired version is my fave  :heart:

And thanks! Really sweet of you! I just looked at your wishlist and I am likely going to have some G1 babies up for trade. I think some are baity, but I've got to properly inventory their condition and take photos yet, though. So maybe we can do a swap sometime  :happy:

PS thanks mlpfan and teresat for the welcome, too!  :biggrin:

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 05:01:47 PM »
collect all the things! I think many of us suffer that here ;)
Welcome! I took a peek at your tumblr, lovely stuff. Following :3
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 06:56:43 PM »
collect all the things! I think many of us suffer that here ;)
Welcome! I took a peek at your tumblr, lovely stuff. Following :3

Collecting All The Things! The condition we don't reeeally want to recover from  :lol:

Thanks~ I followed you back, your tumblr's gorgeous!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 07:23:26 PM »
Welcome to the arena! Sounds like you have quite a lovely collection of dolls and ponies. I see you've found your way to the new MH thread already, teehee. Hope you have a great time here and glad to see you posting already! :cheer: :heart:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 08:56:18 PM »

I love Frankie too, she's such a darling! Her Dead Tired version is my fave  :heart:

And thanks! Really sweet of you! I just looked at your wishlist and I am likely going to have some G1 babies up for trade. I think some are baity, but I've got to properly inventory their condition and take photos yet, though. So maybe we can do a swap sometime  :happy:

PS thanks mlpfan and teresat for the welcome, too!  :biggrin:
Dead Tired Frankie was who got me into collecting  ^.^ She's just sooo pretty!

Welcome! 

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 09:07:03 PM »
Welcome! It was good to be an 80's baby :D We had the best toys back then!
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal