collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: getting ready to start selling ponies on the arena, paypal shipping question  (Read 2170 times)

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
I am getting ready to start selling some of my extra ponies here on the arena, I was wondering about paypal shipping, using paypal to print shipping labels. if someone pays through paypal for something on the arena can i print shipping on  paypal? or does that only work for ebay sales? if i can not print postage though paypal i will have to get a usps account, i do not go to town very often so i need to print and ship to get the ponies out in a short amount of time.
what do all you other sellers do?
gonna be selling ponies and lots of different toys,(I have hundreds of pounds of mixed toys and need to move some of them) :shocked: :blink:
any help would be wonderful:) :biggrin:
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
You can print labels on Paypal just as you would on eBay. No USPS account needed. Just make sure people send you the $ as goods not gift.  And that's for shipping within the U.S.. For international shipping you have to go to the post office for First Class shipping.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:48:35 PM by mshesha »

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
that is a big help, thank you:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I'll be stalking to see what you have. :)

If they do send payment as a gift then a shipping address is not provided but you are protected from people opening a case.

Hang on to receipts until packages arrive just in case something gets lost or info from the slip is needed.

First class international shipping is cheapest but you cannot insure it or get tracking with it.  So you cannot protect yourself from loss.  I've had several packages go missing from US to Spain and it's a tough luck situation to the seller.  Most people here on forum accept a half and half loss.  A partial refund so neither person is out everything.  Ebay buyers usually just get their money back and you are out the item and the funds.  After all you can't prove they got it.  International shipping can be a problem when you are selling.  It's very expensive to send something international with tracking/insurance and the customs fees on high dollar items can get steep.  I'm not trying to scare you I just want you to prepare yourself.

Oh also some folks are very picky about their collection items.  So make sure to list any flaws/smells/if you have pets or other allergy causing factors. 

Work out what your return policy will be.

*thinks* Let me know if there is anything else.  The biggest thing is communication between buyers and sellers.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:05:12 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
I'm in a similar situation and I was just looking at international shipping options. USPS has a new priority mail flat rate padded envelope. Might be perfect for ponies. I ordered some these envelopes and will update.

If you do get an account with USPS, priority mail supplies are free and you can have customs forms sent to you as well.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
It's a good idea just to open a USPS account in case you need to use it.  They only allow you to print Priority though through their site and not First Class for either domestic or international.  And the free supplies you get from them are only for Priority shipping.  But I am not sure how you want to ship your items.  If your looking for only using Priority then the USPS site will be useful to you.  The downfall is oviously Priority is more expensive and extremely expensive for International.

Paypal you can print your labels only if you receive payment marked as goods.  A gift payment will not allow you to do so.   I am pretty sure after you receive a payment, all you do is click the Print Shipping Label button on your Account Overview or History page to access the shipping tools.  I print my labels straight through ebay but I have printed labels from Paypal and it is pretty easy and walks you pretty much through it.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
thanks for the help everypony:)
I have a ton of toys, lots of mcdonalds toys,burger king ,wendys, and non fastfood toys also, along with a bunch of extra ponies i am going to sale, if anypony collects a certain happymeal toy feel free to give me a shout because a am sure i will have it, i am not sure what i have because i have so much of it:)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Guess what I learned not too long back?

You can print shipping labels through paypal for anything you want to ship, even if you never received a dime for it!

Just open up the multi shipping tool and input all shipping addresses by hand, and you can pay for and print out a shipping label. Also, to the best of my knowledge, the first class labels purchased this way will still allow you the free tracking from PayPal. You just cannot do international labels is all.

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
oh, wow. Thanks Maniah!

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
Add to this that IF you do decide to sell internationally, buyers prefer having it marked as a gift as taxes are normally eliminated or at the very least, a lot lower that way.

Best of luck to you - I hope to see that post soon :D

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile

You can print shipping labels through paypal for anything you want to ship, even if you never received a dime for it!

Just open up the multi shipping tool and input all shipping addresses by hand, and you can pay for and print out a shipping label. Also, to the best of my knowledge, the first class labels purchased this way will still allow you the free tracking from PayPal. You just cannot do international labels is all.

I've been doing this for years but be careful because if you have Paypal funds and weren't planning to use them for shipping, the tool uses those funds first to pay for the shipping.

I  The downfall is oviously Priority is more expensive and extremely expensive for International.

The flat rate international priority mail envelopes are all $16.95.

Also, my understanding for international USPS first class, the customs number is also the tracking number.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:37:20 PM by teresat »

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
International USPS first class customs numbers only track to the border. Mine always stop tracking in Miami.

Also, though marking it as a gift on customs lets the buyer avoid fees, it also negates your ability to file a claim on the item if something happens to it, I think. If its a sale, and worth any decent amount of money you may not want to claim it as a gift and be unable to claim your loss if something happened to it.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile

I've been doing this for years but be careful because if you have Paypal funds and weren't planning to use them for shipping, the tool uses those funds first to pay for the shipping.

I  The downfall is oviously Priority is more expensive and extremely expensive for International.

The flat rate international priority mail envelopes are all $16.95.

Also, my understanding for international USPS first class, the customs number is also the tracking number.

The number provided for First Class does not track your package.  And very rarely does it even track it to customs.   It only states when the package was accepted at your Post Office.

I personally do not use Priority because like I stated it is expensive.  And you will find most of your customers are not willing to pay $16.95 for a $5 toy.   

I am only stating my experiences with it from the last 6 years, so you will need to find what you feel comfortable with.  It's going to take some playing around with till you get the hang of it.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile

I am only stating my experiences with it from the last 6 years, so you will need to find what you feel comfortable with.  It's going to take some playing around with till you get the hang of it.

This!

Bronley

• Trade Count: (0)

^^This.

Just bookmark this link: PayPal Ship Now

You only need a PayPal account to pay for the postage. I use it to print postage/shipping labels for all my swaps. Cheaper than paying at the post office, and you can ship via First Class which you can't do directly from usps.com

Can also do Parcel Post if you want, but I just go with First Class.

For international, I take it to the post office and pay for First Class International. Can't pay/print online for that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal