collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Urban Legends  (Read 9699 times)

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Urban Legends
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
Wasn't there a urban legend about 'the Mysterious Pony' seen in Firefly's adventure? I think it was she was supposed to be released with the Pretty Parlor? Anyone know the full legend?

Oh yes, the unnamed white pony with rainbow hair and a rainbow for a symbol! People were claiming she was supposed to come with the Pretty Parlor because in both scenes in Firefly's Adventure she is seen with an orange tabby cat riding on her back (and the cat comes with the Parlor). But as far as I know, there's never been a prototype seen of her or any evidence that a toy of her was supposed to exist. (Though I've seen some nice customs of her!)

Oh my gosh!  I recently watched Firefly's Adventure and spotted that pony and wondered "who the heck is THAT?"  XD  I just assumed it was a pony I wasn't too familiar with and left it at that.  It's totally weird that she doesn't actually exist, given how specific looking her character looks!

Awesome thread.  XD  I want to see more pics associated with all these mysteries!

MLPMegaLover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2012, 02:19:24 PM »
What about the First Tooth Sundance? I spotted it on a comercial.

Here's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCT-c1aJjt0

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2012, 02:23:35 PM »
She's a prototype and never commercially produced, though there was at least at some point one of her (used for the catalog/commercial, as an art reference, etc.)
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2012, 04:20:57 PM »
Random tangent: *watches commercial* ...why is the ice cream shop shaped like a shoe? XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2012, 05:44:03 PM »
The rainbow pony commercial promo at the end of fireflys adventure makes me NUTS!

I want to believe that it's really out there!

"Well, it seems like the mystery has finally be solved ^_^! Someone emailed me and told me that he used to work in a video store, and thus had the opportunity to buy the videos for his sister. He suggests visiting a Suncoast Video and asking them to research MLP videos. "Chances are there'll be an unfamiliar title in there! It will be pricey because it's rare, but it is in existance!".

This was posted on that website and I remember somone coming forth years ago and claiming this! Somone needs to contact that company and put an end to this madness!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2012, 06:09:26 PM »
Eh. I've searched imdbpro.com and nothing new MLP comes up.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:11:53 PM by StoryDreamer »
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2012, 07:54:11 PM »

"Well, it seems like the mystery has finally be solved ^_^! Someone emailed me and told me that he used to work in a video store, and thus had the opportunity to buy the videos for his sister. He suggests visiting a Suncoast Video and asking them to research MLP videos. "Chances are there'll be an unfamiliar title in there! It will be pricey because it's rare, but it is in existance!".

This was posted on that website and I remember somone coming forth years ago and claiming this! Somone needs to contact that company and put an end to this madness!

It's easy to say anything online lol. No proof = doubtful

In 2004 Rhino Studios put out a dvd set that included all the season 1 episodes plus both short animation specials (Firefly's Adventure and Escape from Catrina). Within a year they also put out other dvd's that included the full-length movie and all the season 2 episodes. If they were able to put out all of that, you would think they would have put out the rainbow-hair pony special as well, if it really existed.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »
I think we can all agree that the 'rainbow haired pony special' is that stuff that pony urban legends are made of.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Starie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2012, 10:10:04 PM »
That BBE pony is... the creepiest pony I have ever seen O_O

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2012, 10:35:11 PM »
I think we can all agree that the 'rainbow haired pony special' is that stuff that pony urban legends are made of.

Haha exactly this! It makes me CRAZY! Knowing that it MIGHT be out there but also MIGHT not be!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2012, 11:25:51 PM »
Wasn't there a urban legend about 'the Mysterious Pony' seen in Firefly's adventure? I think it was she was supposed to be released with the Pretty Parlor? Anyone know the full legend?

Oh yes, the unnamed white pony with rainbow hair and a rainbow for a symbol! People were claiming she was supposed to come with the Pretty Parlor because in both scenes in Firefly's Adventure she is seen with an orange tabby cat riding on her back (and the cat comes with the Parlor). But as far as I know, there's never been a prototype seen of her or any evidence that a toy of her was supposed to exist. (Though I've seen some nice customs of her!)

Oh my gosh!  I recently watched Firefly's Adventure and spotted that pony and wondered "who the heck is THAT?"  XD  I just assumed it was a pony I wasn't too familiar with and left it at that.  It's totally weird that she doesn't actually exist, given how specific looking her character looks!

Awesome thread.  XD  I want to see more pics associated with all these mysteries!

Is there a chance that pony could be Starbow? Or maybe Raincurl??
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2012, 11:27:37 PM »

Is there a chance that pony could be Starbow? Or maybe Raincurl??

I don't think they were made yet.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2012, 01:11:29 AM »
There was definitely no pony of that design existing at the time, Midnight Castle came out in what, year 2? 3?  Early on, that's for sure. My guess would be she's just an extra put in to "fill out the ranks" because they needed another pony in some shots. 

G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2012, 03:18:03 AM »
Random tangent: *watches commercial* ...why is the ice cream shop shaped like a shoe? XD

Random response: This drives me crazy too..someone had a few too many alcoholic beverages when that one was conjured up...."A sweet shop what shall we make it look like...a house? no...a giant ice cream cone? no....a sundae? no...a shoe? PERFECT!"
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2012, 03:52:09 AM »
Yeah I never understood that logic either. Satin Slipper ice cream shop. *boggles* If it were selling pony shoes, it'd make perfect sense. But no. Food stuffs. Also the ONLY food shop in Ponyland if I remember rightly.

I still want to know where the babies came from before the boy ponies showed up. Or did they do finding them in a cabbage patch and stuff?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal