collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My collection in Chat magazine and the Sun newspaper...  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
My collection in Chat magazine and the Sun newspaper...
« on: May 18, 2012, 04:58:51 AM »
I've been meaning to post about the Chat magazine article all week! Here's a link to the article :)

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww298/skydanser/S28C-112051009240.jpg

It's written in the first person though I didn't write it, it's just the style of this magazine.

And today my collection was in the Sun newspaper. They came round on Monday to take some photos and I was told it would be out Sunday but they ran it early! Despite being told about the true value of the collection they STILL said it was £20k :throw: but hey, I guess that's just newspapers. They also said it wouldn't be online and it is! *sigh*

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4323785/Wacky-Sarah-spends-20k-on-a-lot-of-Pony.html

If there are any comments, I haven't looked at them and don't intend to after last time :P lol. So don't tell me if there are ;)

Natasha, who posted here a few months ago, before the Arena move, about featuring some of us in a magazine article has asked me to thank you all for being so friendly and helpful! She's been a star, the errors were definitely not down to her, I read her article for the Sun and they only used part of it and substitued the correct value for their overinflated figure. So long as the Sun still pay me then whatever, I want to buy more ponies ;) haha

Hope you enjoy the articles :)

Sarah xx
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:35:59 AM by Sarah-Bee »

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • That's Saki-samagic!
    • View Profile
Re: My collection in Chat magazine and the Sun newspaper...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 05:40:31 AM »
well i read that..
lets say the comments are nasty
waste of money and all that..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 06:05:17 AM »
Uggh, those comments. I don't understand why people have to chime in on how other people spend THEIR OWN money.. :c
As for the first link, it's making me log in so I'll check it out in a little bit. ^_^
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 06:13:56 AM »
Ugh, the misinformation really bugs me D: It kinda seems like they were taking advantage of you a bit :/

Also lol at the one guy in the comments who just keeps posting horse puns XD

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 09:31:13 AM »
Yeah Rika, the newspapers are putting a negative aspect on this again. It was pitched to me that it would be in their magazine and Natasha specifically asked for them not to put it online as she knew I didn't want that after last time. I can't speak to her today as she's unavailable but I've sent her an email about the misinformation and the online thing... I'm past all that crap now to be honest, the comments and stuff, I just wish people (namely the Sun) would do as they say....

Hmm I tested the link earlier and it seemed to work without a login... let me have another go :)

ETA: Fixed it :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:37:14 AM by Sarah-Bee »

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 09:56:22 AM »
I read the article without reading your post, I admit I got a bit excited to see a pony collector in the news and when I read that apparently spent 20k+ I was flabbergasted. I thought you were stinkin' rich or something! Agh, misinformation.

Offline gallifreyan_pony

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 10:02:55 AM »
Aww, that Chat article made me smile! And I'm sure I've said this before but your collection is amazing.

It's a shame that some of the Sun commenters don't understand the spirit of collecting, but there are sadly always miserable twerps out to rain on other people's happiness. I'm glad to hear you're not letting them get you down.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 10:22:08 AM »
haha far from it xkelpiex, the ponies have eaten all my cash :P Not £20k tho ;) LOL

Yeah the Chat one's definitely the best! It was what all this was about from the begining when Natasha first posted here and I'm glad it happened and I am really happy with it.

Nope, I'm definitely NOT letting the asshat commenters get me down! I have had a good old rant about them but they're certainly not upsetting me. I don't care what they have to say, I just very much wish that people would give other people a break and also the benefit of the doubt too. Not going to happen eh?!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • DeeDee Productions
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 10:31:03 AM »
Oooh thát is awesome! *ignores the bad comments on the article*
And whát a collection!
I totally get it. My My Little Ponies always manage to put a smile on my face too.
That's totally worth all the money spent.
It's an investment really *nods*.
People have no clue on what a 80's MLP is worth  ;) .

Don't say everything you know, but do know everything you say.

SheRa-dude

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 10:52:13 AM »
From the article in The Sun:

“I’d left college  and life felt so serious. I started Googling things from my childhood and  seeing the ponies made me smile.”

This this this, a 1000 times this sums it all up :)

Wonderfully said !

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 10:57:43 AM »
Wow!

I wonder where you got the $20 k on them XD  (I'd put out the zero at the right), silly newspaper.

Just ignore the  comments, people always searches for a way to make feel bad someone who enjoys/can do something.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 11:47:50 AM »
Your collection is awesome! Some folks just don't understand collecting. What's the difference between spending $$ on designer shoes/electronics and ponies? At least the ponies may appreciate in value, with electronic gadget prices tank in a matter of months!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »
At least not all of the comments are negative! I found quite a few positive ones.

People have spent much more ridiculous amounts of money for what turns out to be much less. :)
:biggrin: >_<^.^

antlercat

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 02:30:07 PM »
Okay, it probably won't surprise anyone because I come from Liverpool but...not a huge fan of The Sun, and the way they've referred to you as "WACKY!" and "ZANY!" is just...well, a testement to their terrible writing and ridiculous opinions, really.

I am with you. The world's too serious and depressing from time to time, and if little colourful horses make you feel better then SO WHAT. :)

Can't see the Chat article though. :(

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 04:08:28 PM »
Wow, gotta say - those pictures look FAB!!! You have definitely inspired me for a photoshoot of my own! ;) Congrats on the article, I'm sorry they couldn't be less jerky about some of it, though. ("Wacky Sarah," really? Rude!) But hey - they exist to sell papers, so I guess they feel that they have to sacrifice some of their journalistic integrity to make a buck. :P Glad to know the author is a nice lady, at least! :)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal