collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why are Nirvanas so rare..  (Read 1640 times)

DiamondThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
Why are Nirvanas so rare..
« on: May 17, 2012, 01:47:45 PM »
When they look just like the US ones?

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Why are Nirvanas so rare..
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 02:09:05 PM »
That's the thing, they don't look EXACTLY like us ones, they are always different and some nirvana are actually quite common :) x

Offline Mintymints

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »
I don't think they should be so prized unless they are ooak, There are probably a thousand Italian ponies in Italy...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 03:03:43 PM »
Not all Nirvanas are expensive ;) There are plenty of Italians who don't even break the $15 mark. At the same time, there are many Nirvanas that are (at this point in time) OOAK or close to it.

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+123)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 03:50:07 PM »
Also they were made in smaller quantities anyways due to shorter times in production :)

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 04:00:44 PM »

When they look just like the US ones?

I completely agree with Icecrystalline on this.  Even if at first sight they seem identical to the US counterparts, each nirvana has its subtle (and not so subtle) differences against their common release.

Even the CP nirvanas are different, the eyes, the hair, the way the symbol is arranged.  The face can be way different, but a lot of times it depends on the eye of the nirvana lover and collector to recognize all this small differences =D

(And even in the same nirvana pony from the same country exist differences.  For example, there are at least 9 different version of Mexican Blossom, between the pegasus baby, normal baby, the CP, and the alt pose with things ranging from the color of hair to the way the symbols are arranged to the eye color, pose, etc.)

Another example:  Mexican Sundae Best ponies, look almost identical as the US release (talking about the normal ones), but mexicans hair is way longer, and Banana Surprise hair is straight and a blue-ish shade different to the US relase.

I don't think they should be so prized unless they are ooak, There are probably a thousand Italian ponies in Italy...

But there are not thousands of Blue Lickety Splits found, nor Italy's Bluemoon (Moonstone) =)

And yes, there are nirvanas really common, as Glacia said =D  But also, as they usually were restricted to only one country, their numbers are way lower than an almost worldwide release from the US version.

Offline sillymoosey

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 06:02:17 PM »
There are some that look quite a bit like their US counterparts (personally, I'm not very interested in those particular ones) but there are others that are quite different. No matter what though, since most Nirvanas were made by one toy company in one particular country and were only meant to be sold in that country and maybe a couple of neighbouring countries, there are definately less than the HK ponies, which were made in greater quantities because they were meant to be sold in many countries. I don't know if that made any sense...

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 06:13:47 PM »
Let's not forget that the US is also massive in size compared to many European countries, so US ponies were sold over a much wider area and likely have higher quantities in general ;)

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 04:35:14 AM »

Ah yes, but most of them are Peachy! ;)

There are generally fewer of them around, in varying degrees. The ease of getting hold of them is often reflected in the price. For example, Italy Peachy and NC Sundance are very common, and therefore don't usually go over about $5. But Italy Blue Posey is very rare, even Italy, so she is very expensive. Also, a lot of the ones that do look like their HK/China counterparts do tend to be lower in price than more distinct variants. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Italy Powder going quite high (though there are sure to be others).

There are little differences that can change how the pony appears. For example, Spanish Tootsie is fairly similar to normal Tootsie, but her green is a different colour and that makes her one of my favourite ponies! So pretty :lovey:

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 11:13:17 AM »
you know the saying "one mans meat is another mans poison"? :) this is true of anything including ponies! nirvana ponies are an aquired tatse!

personally, i don't understand the fuss over rapunzel or mimic *ducks flying fakies* i am so sorry :blush: but they are just not my "thing" :) princess variants however :heart: and i know people look at the princess variants and say "WHAT!! it looks broken!"

not all nirvana ponies look just like their counter parts, there are so many little differences :) it takes a while to get you eye in ;) YES the characters are the same (heartthrob, minty, starshine), and YES they may be the same colour or have the same sort of hair, but they are not quite the same in other ways. they might have a metallic symbol instead of a glittery one, they might have blue eyes instead of green and so on.

lets have some pictures :D

regular minty (four feet stamped HK release)

piggy minty! same pony, but she looks very different!

brazil heartthrob! so different to her US counter part! the on;y thing that links is her to US heartthrob is her symbols.

italian windy ~ i love this walking pose! but her colours are almost idential to her US counter part. she has a metallic symbol instead of a glittery one.

mexican swirly whirly! totally different colours!

german skydancer ~ again she looks so different as an earth pony it is quite odd. her hair is also different rainbowshades, no red!

as for ponies being prized, it really depends on the pony AND the collector/owner  ;)

love pkw xxx

ETA! i never really answered the question  :blush:

why are nirvana ponies rare? ~ not all of them are rare, but in some cases they are harder to find as they weren't so widely sold/distributed as hong kong/china made ponies.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:25:30 AM by pinkkittywinks »
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »
Not all Nirvanas are expensive ;) There are plenty of Italians who don't even break the $15 mark. At the same time, there are many Nirvanas that are (at this point in time) OOAK or close to it.

THIS. :)

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 07:40:56 PM »
not all nirvana's look the same. some do, some don't.
I'll just give some examples here;

This is US blue belle...

And this is Brazil Blue belle. Her and US blue belle look very similar.

However, there are some Blue belle variants that look very different than these two....

This is Italy blue belle. She has a completely different color sceme from Brazil and US Blue belle.

And this is Colombian Blue belle, she doesnt look similar to any of the other blue belle's I've already shown. and this is (as far as i know) the only known version of this variant in the community, so she would go for quite a bit if she were to be for sale.

and that is why some nirvana's are significantly more expensive than US counterparts :)
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 04:13:10 AM »
that colombian bluebell with the orange hair is so pretty!

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 07:43:32 AM »
That Italy and Colombian Blue Belles... *drools*

Moonracer

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 12:55:50 PM »
I think it really depends on the country. If you live in Europe, chances of coming upon a Nirvana (and I'm talking about the ones produced in the European countries), is much higher than elsewhere - at least that's the impression I get, since I myself, ever since I started collecting ponies "for real", have already come across a couple of them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal