collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 mlp mags, question :)  (Read 496 times)

miss

• Trade Count: (0)
G1 mlp mags, question :)
« on: May 17, 2012, 12:52:00 AM »
So, I resently bought a large lot of ponies, I'm still working through them, and last night I was going through the comics I have got, I was wondering if anyone knows how many mlp, and mlp and friends comics were published? I have one to ten of mlp and friends and 140+ issues of mlp mag.
Also I wondered if anyone would be intrested in scans? I'd like to work over the summer to try and scan plus upload as many issues as I can if there would be intrest?

Last question, the later comics still have the free gifts attached, does that affect the price? Or is this common?

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: G1 mlp mags, question :)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 03:55:12 AM »
There are 223 or 224 original mlp comics. The later ones are worth more, usually $4-10 each ( Ive seen them go for more but that's the average) and crikey if they still have the gifts attatched I would expect $15 for each comic ;)

Not sure on the mlp & friends issues.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 04:23:05 AM »
MLP and Friends went up to something like 51, but the numbers above #20 can be quite tricky to track down.

Ones with gift usually go higher, sometimes significantly. If the gift is an item, it tends to go more high than if it's a paper item (like a card or a booklet). I would love to know which ones you have still with the gifts attached! I'm trying to determine which gifts came with which comics, and I still have a number of gaps in my spreadsheet.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 04:45:41 AM »
Its all go on comic prices at the moment...they have a fantastic surge in popularity which is understandable because they are sooo cute!

I feel that 1 to about 110ish are the easiest ones to track down in the 3-4$ range but the higher in numbers you go the more expensive they become and I know when you get to the stage of trying to track down just those few illusive numbers you are willing to spend more. I know to complete some of them I need I would spend around the $8 mark for the more hard to find ones. On ebay recently some have hit amazing prices and the later releases of the first line which feature the Tales ponies seem to be going closer to $10-12 and higher [and a couple got to $30!]. However I do think those prices were extraordinary in comparison to normal.

With the "gifts" yes much more - finding them with gifts attached is not common at all. As LadyG says anything outside the "cards" and "stickers" even higher...I would be so nosy for pictures of which gift goes with which!

@LadyG that sounds like an amazing project to track down what goes with which comic!

Oh and I speak only about the original comics lol - I am a little clueless on the MLP&Friends line.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

miss

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 04:49:15 AM »
Oh that's guys! I'll have to take some photos! There's gifts like stickers and bits, but also badges pony combs an ribbons and also a little white baby bottle.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 04:51:58 AM »
Oooh! Sounds very cool....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

miss

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 12:05:57 PM »
if you would like, i can get pictures of the ones with the gifts, or at least a list for you would like that :D ha! or you can just come over and go through them! lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal