collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do with broken Lily Lightly and similar?  (Read 514 times)

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
What to do with broken Lily Lightly and similar?
« on: May 16, 2012, 06:14:23 PM »
I have had this terrible habit lately of buying big auction lots of ponies specifically for certain ponies I can make out among the tangle. In the process I've picked up plenty of decent G3.5s (which i don't collect) McD's toys and multiples of G3s. I've started a sales/trade list.

However I now own an extra Lily Lightly and Heartbright that are both broken. Nothing happens when you press the button on Lily and her eyes like to stay closed not to mention the terrible state of her dress. The mechanism to move the wings on Heartbright no longer works. I could never just toss these girls because their fancy doo-dad mechanisms are broken but I have a box of ponies I need to move and I can't be a rescue operation.

So any suggestions?

Also share stories of similar experiences! Those poor headed for the glue factory ponies we can't ignore!

Offline RavenWolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with broken Lily Lightly and similar?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:28:20 PM »
thats to bad that their broken. I agree I couldn't just toss them either. maybe you could sell them to someone who could fix them or even customize them? sorry I couldn't be more help but I don't have either of them so I have no first hand experience as to how they work or might be fixed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Boldly going where no pony has gone before...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with broken Lily Lightly and similar?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 02:00:32 AM »
Oh dear! Nothing more frustrating than a broken pony...I am sure you ll find someone willing to give them a home to either simply display or restore them...whether you will get more than a $1 or 2 for them I am not certain. But its certainly worth offering them out there!

I have a bag like that of G1s which really are pretty much bait - they have moved past restore and "fixable" into that uncomfortable category...but I simply refuse to do anything about them - they are going to live in that bag lol! I cant seem to part with them at all.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal