collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any good Barbie guides online?  (Read 783 times)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Any good Barbie guides online?
« on: May 16, 2012, 04:56:35 PM »
Hi guys. i just started unearthing my childhood barbies (I have loads, mostly from the 1990s) and even though I remember what goes with who for the most part, some accessories are eluding me. I also haven't IDed all of them yet.
I searched online for guides and such but I failed to find any good page for 90s barbies. Any ideas on where to go?
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any good Barbie guides online?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 05:57:53 PM »
I also tried to ID my Barbies and could not find an online guide.  What I did instead was went to ebay and typed in Barbie Doll Year. Example:  Barbie Doll 1990

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 09:40:23 PM »
I use ebay and some google searches on the internet but I love to use my book "Barbie the first 30 Years" as a guide as well.
Could always post pictures here and see if some of us can help you figure them out!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline daydreamwinn

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 04:17:07 AM »
The "Ultimate Barbie Doll Book" lists what each doll came with, but it does not show pictures of those items.  I really like this one, too, because it lists what the doll's body markings should be.  "Barbie Doll Photo Album" has really nice pictures of the doll MIB, but some of the sets from the 90s are missing.

I have yet to find a really nice online guide for Barbie, but I second the idea of posting pictures and having members here help you with iding your accessories.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 07:26:31 AM »
Ok, thanks guys :) I actually managed to figure out all the stuff I have here with me (it took a lot of squinting at the MIB pics) but my mom is bringing me another haul of my childhood toys and I might call upon community's expertise at that time ^^
I must say though, since there are so many awesome pages for MLP, I´m so surprised Barbie resources online are so scarce :O
At least those books sound really informative but since i´m not planing on seriously collecting Barbies any time soon, I´m not interested in investing in it :(

Has there been an initiative to make a comprehensive online guide? I have many barbies (and co.) and all of them are still in their original clothes and in good shape so i would be happy to donate pics once I have them all here with me :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal