collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Sale Issue  (Read 2324 times)

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Arena Sale Issue
« on: May 16, 2012, 09:28:18 AM »
Welp. I need a bit of help with this because I'm not sure how to resolve it. I sold 4 pairs of Gypsywildflower's Flutter Wings to a buyer that lives in NZ. I took photos of them:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And when the buyer asked about the differences I said this:
I've noticed that both of the repro ones are far sturdier than the real wings. They seem less flimsy as it were. GypsyWildflower's repros have the long folded piece of the wing plastic that stick into the slots. So it's all one piece. The film on Gypsy's doesn't look *quite* exact, but without a real one right there, there is hardly any difference.

The only difference in Nora's wings is that the tabs, they look like 1st edition wings, are white. Otherwise there isn't any difference. I would love to know how they did it visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 I got rid of all my real wings, I prefer the repros to the real ones. And I don't freak out as much if they get a little bent or break!

Now the wings have arrived and the buyer is telling me this:
i recieved the wings and thank you for posting, however im not very pleased, they are very rough and there is a big difference to the real ones and they are more flimsy to the real ones also not the other way around, im quite upset, after currancy was converted and getting charged for sending money as gift also the expensive post was alot of money for me, i know it may not be alot to other mlp collectors it can be alot to others. i feel like i cant use these, unfortunitly to send them back would cost me far more then what it cost you to send to nz, i could always sell them but i would not get back what i payed,  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

looking forward to hearing back

~*~
I'll be honest, I'm not sure what to do here. The wings were not rough (and I'm not sure what she means by that since all flutter wings are textured?). The wings are also sturdier than the real wings. In fact, this was also mentioned to this person within a thread that she posted about them.

The other thing I'm upset about is the emotional blackmail over the gift payment. - I DID NOT ask the buyer to send the funds as a gift, so I am very upset that she is holding that over my head. I also only charged her exactly what I paid for them from GypsyWildFlower since I in NO WAY wanted to profit off another person's work. The buyer, has already said they don't want to send the wings back to me for a refund because the postage would be "too much" - I guess I don't feel that a partial refund is okay because I don't feel as though I misrepresented the wings.

I'm just really upset about this whole thing. I've had a huge rash of negative issues on the Arena lately and this is just icing on the cake. I'm not sure if the buyer is using the repro wings correctly, they were aware that they ARE reproduction wings. So I just don't even know. I also don't want to just outright refund her (though I feel that's what the BUYER wants) because then I'm completely out.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Sale Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 09:35:37 AM »
I haven't seen a pair of the repro wings in person, so I'm afraid I can't comment on the quality. They certainly look just like the originals from your picture! I've seen Nora's site though, and you can't tell the difference.

I have a feeling that this was a "buyer's remorse" sort of thing. If she doesn't want to send them back, don't offer a refund.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »
Well they are GypsyWildFlower's rather than Nora's - but when I lay all of mine out together (GWF's, Nora's, My Original wings) the only difference I see and feel is the tabs.

GWF's have a folded over piece of clear plastic for the tabs that just slide into the slots. Nora's have the white tabs. My 2nd ed Flutter wings have the clear tabs and my 1st ones (Hollywood's) have colored tabs.

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 09:49:26 AM »
Um, how much could it have possibly cost to send back? Couldn't you send it wrapped insanely and then in a padded envelope? O-o;

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »
Um, how much could it have possibly cost to send back? Couldn't you send it wrapped insanely and then in a padded envelope? O-o;

She could just reuse the small box that I put them in. I used the box for protection and then mailed them inside a padded envelope actually.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 10:14:38 AM »
I personally agree that if Buyer isn't willing to resend the wings, then no refund should be given. Probably the case of having buyers remorse as stated above. And if you didn't ask for payment to be sent as Gift, then don't feel bad about it.  You could politly ask what they expect you do if they are unwilling to send them back. Hope everything works out!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »
I agree with everyone whose spoke up. I've got a feeling she got buyers remorse and shes looking to get the money back. Honestly they look in awesome condition, texture will vary with any reproduction item. If she cant return them then no refund that wouldnt be fair to you.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 12:51:09 PM »
 :hug: SurfStar, it has been a rough one for you lately.

I agree that repro wings are not going to be the same as original, that is why they are repo's.  I think you took clear pictures and your description was spot on, so there should have been no issue.

If I was in this situation I would have her send them back.  I do not think a partial is in order in this case.  If you want to be fair I suppose you could offer to pay 1/2 the shipping to send them back. But that is ultimately your decision.   

I hope you can come to some sort of agreement on this.  Keep us posted!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 12:52:40 PM »
Well after being told that I am just manipulating people in my favor - despite having posted WORD FOR WORD what I wrote, I just ended up refunding her. I'm tired of dealing with this stress.

I'm just done with this. It's not worth arguing with you over this. I did realize this morning that I hadn't refunded the difference in postage and I thought that was what your email was about.

Keep them. Trash them. Torch them. I don't really care WHAT you do with them anymore.

I'm done with this conversation. Frankly, I feel more that YOU are the one being manipulative.

yes iv read your post and peoples comments.
i do not have buyers remorse cos i wanted them so badly and iv tryed to turn a blind eye and keep my mouth shut and put up with them but they look bad and everytime i look at them i feel realy disappointed.
you are smart and have manipulated alot of what of said to be in your favour. cheers for that.
btw you over charged me on post, i was going to send them back to you for the exact amount it would cost me not extras for packaging, gas etc
i will try and send you pics later

Frankly No. I don't feel that it is fair in ANY WAY at all that I should refund your entire original amount AND your shipping them back to me. I DID NOT misrepresent the items in any way. They were not bubbled when I sent them, so I would like pictures of the damage please.

Honestly, I just feel like this is entirely a case of buyers remorse, because yes. You telling me that you wasted your money then basically saying you want a refund while keeping the items is telling me that I am ripping you off.

im not guilt tripping you in anyway, i dont do things like that thank you, i am actually upset i wasted my money.
im happy to return them if you give me a full refund of what i paid plus what i have to pay to ship them back. are you happy to do that then?
they are really rough as there is a lot of bubbleing in them, i was made to beleave they would be close i wasnt expecting perfect but was shocked at the quility.
understand iv feel like iv wasted my money not that you ripped me of in any ways

dee

I have made a topic in trader support about this. I don't feel that I misrepresented the wings and everything I told you WAS truthful. I don't know why they are "rough" because they were not that way when they were sent. Additionally, they ARE strudier than MY original wings, so I don't know what to tell you on that count.

Additionally, I do not appreciate you guilt tripping me over the gift payment when I never ONCE asked you to send payment as a gift. I'm also really upset about this sale now and I do not know what to do. I don't feel that a partial refund is fair because I do not feel that I misrepresented the wings to you. Additionally, you have already said that you don't want to return them to me. So I guess really, I feel like you want a whole refund while keeping the wings. I literally only charged you what I paid for them from GypsyWildflower, when I purchased them from her on the arena so I would not be profiting off another individuals work.

I will see what the trader support moderators have to say and then I will work something out with you. Know, that I am also very unhappy with this as well.

That is the remainder of the conversation. I've decided that after this fiasco I will no longer be selling anything on the Arena.

AND this was the original thread:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,292863.msg144969.html#msg144969

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 01:05:48 PM »
Now she's gotten her way and you're out money. :(

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 01:21:58 PM »
I just want to give input regarding original, Nora's and GypsyWF's wings.  I own all three and have for several years.  No offense meant to GWF, but her wings are definitely not of the same quality and detail as Nora's or the originals.  The iridescent film has tiny bubbles in it, the edges aren't as cleanly cut and the tabs are rough looking (in look not texture).  Now Nora's are considerably more expensive, so for the price, GWF's wings are a good bargain.  Nora's wings on the other hand are expensive, but are virtually identical in finish and quality as original wings.  I own 12 pair of Nora's wings.
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »
You could politly ask what they expect you do if they are unwilling to send them back. Hope everything works out!

That sound like a good idea :) Im sorry to hear you had more negative stuff on the Arena! I hope this can be resolved easy and quick.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 03:30:39 PM »
Wow, adding your buyer to my "do not deal" list...

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 04:34:43 PM »
Dang.. Well I guess since she got what she wanted, when you buy something on the internet and you are NOT happy with it- You expect to pay the return shipping. Even the big companies that make butt loads expect you to pay the return shipping, what makes them think a wee one person show can pay for the return shipping and why should they? She needs a reality check, think before you purchase. I've had buyers remorse before but i've never blamed someone else for it. If you're so strapped for cash why would you even be out buying things like this? Save it for milk, bread and eggs :/

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
She was already 100% refunded at the time of this posting.

And from my understanding, she wanted a 100% refund AND for me to pay return shipping to me as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal