collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone know anything about the Peacock/Fancy Feathers ponies up for sale?  (Read 2218 times)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
Hi All,

Yet another question from this confused newbie over here.  Has anyone else seen those peacock ponies on eBay that are from the MLP Convention?  Another seller told me that they aren't genuine unless they have a Fancy Feathers product number of 300, that those ones are "after-stock" (re-runs).  Is this true?  And if so, does it mean they are less valuable than ones with a product number?  And how do you tell the difference? 

I'm really having bad luck with these MLP Fair/Ponycon/SDCC ponies. :-/

~Lochness~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I actually don't know anything about this one either (had to ebay her to see who it is). But I can only conclude that if those 300 actually were more valuable and such, chances of finding one for sale (since they are so limited) are very small, so if I were buying I personally wouldn't care either way :P especially since this one is sooo pretty! would love to get her some day :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
I actually don't know anything about this one either (had to ebay her to see who it is). But I can only conclude that if those 300 actually were more valuable and such, chances of finding one for sale (since they are so limited) are very small, so if I were buying I personally wouldn't care either way :P especially since this one is sooo pretty! would love to get her some day :)

Thanks. :-) Helps me to feel a bit better after my purchase, and you're right... rare or not, she really is a beauty.  Eventually I would also like to get Sunny Grace and Dandelion (also both MLP Fair ponies). 

~Lochness~

~Pony Wish List~

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
It's officially from Hasbro if it comes in the big display box.  These were only produced for the MLP Fair and I think 300 were donated to the UK Fair.  So I'm guessing that's where the 300 stickers come in.  We had more than that available at the US Fair.  They're exactly the same product though.  The only difference is the sticker.  I still have some of the old Fair ponies available if you're still looking, get them out of my house!  Lol!   :P

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
It's officially from Hasbro if it comes in the big display box.  These were only produced for the MLP Fair and I think 300 were donated to the UK Fair.  So I'm guessing that's where the 300 stickers come in.  We had more than that available at the US Fair.  They're exactly the same product though.  The only difference is the sticker.  I still have some of the old Fair ponies available if you're still looking, get them out of my house!  Lol!   :P

Phewf!! (as my son would say)  That's good to know.  I was worried that I was tricked into buying fake merchandise.  I AM interested in a fair pony, but am running out of money, haha.  Gotta clean up and sell some of the ponies I've purchased in lots before I can do any more buying, methinks.  How much would you want for one?  And do you just have the peacock one... ?

Thanks,

Lochness

~Pony Wish List~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
There were certainly more than 300 of her produced - they were available at both the 09 US and UK fairs. They were the same pony the difference is simply in the box.

In the US the box had the MLP LV sticker. In the UK the box had a sticker underneath with one of the 2009 "Britannia" (UK PonyCon persona) and a specific number [of which there were 1 to 300] - its the same pony and I wouldnt value them any differently to be honest - its simply that if you have her in box you ll know whether she was from the US or the UK Fair depending on the sticker.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
the us had 1000, the uk had 300 : )

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
I have a Fancy Feathers (she's since been unboxed, damn water.) from the UK PonyCON last year and mine had numbered sticker on the base. I forget which.
She really is a stunning pony.
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
Hmmm.... my box looks like the right box, but there is no sticker to be found anywhere.  It says "2009 Hasbro" on the bottom of the box, and "Manufacturer's representative in the United Kingdom is Hasbro UK Ltd." along with the rest of the address.  There is a number that is stamped/pressed in to the box that reads 91941.  I sure hope that doesn't mean it's the 91,941st peacock pony in the UK. :-/

~Lochness~

~Pony Wish List~

Offline PhyllieBean

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
There is a number that is stamped/pressed in to the box that reads 91941.  I sure hope that doesn't mean it's the 91,941st peacock pony in the UK.

Lol!  Nooooooo...The Peacock pony was a special order for us and wasn't meant for extra distribution.  You need a minimum order of 1000 pieces for Hasbro to do a custom run.  Occasionally they would use extras that we didn't purchase from a run for charity giveaways, that's where the 300 for the UK comes in.  I'm not sure if they actually produced more than 1300 or not, but I seriously doubt they would have run more than 2 batches (totalling 2000).  Hasbro tends not to know what to do with their extras, which is why I have a closet stuffed to the gills in my spare room full of "gifts"!  (Not really complaining there!)  So you definitely don't have number 91,941!  The sticker numbers don't really mean anything, as they weren't numbered by Hasbro.  If you see any markings that look like it would have been numbered, it's most likely the batch number for the box printing.  (Pony batch numbers are usually printed on the pony itself.) 

I'm sure what you have is official merchandise.  I don't really recall there being a surge of unofficially released products with this pony.  If you don't have the UK sticker on the bottom, you may just have one of ours from the US.  We didn't sticker every one of them, just those that were picked up at the event.  I think.  Honestly, we may not have stickered the Peacock Pony at all!  Dang my memory is sucking today!  Anyway, point of my long drawn out post is: I'm sure your pony is official!     

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
This is from a pm I got from sweettunes when I asked about fair pony release numbers.. its really helpful and so I hope she doesn't mind me sharing

2012 is my third year running the MLP Fair, but it will be the 9th year of the Fair. The first year the Fair was held, they didn't have an exclusive pony, but the 2nd year they were given the G3 pony Bay Breeze. She was slated to be the next mail order pony, but then Hasbro changed their mind for whatever reason and she became a Fair Exclusive. I think there were 350 passed out at the event.

The other exclusive numbers are as follows:
2011- 1000 were made (500 for the US Fair and the other 500 went to the UK Con and given to Hasbro employees)
2010- 1000 were made (500 for the US Fair and the other 500 went to the UK Con and given to Hasbro employees)
2009 Peacock- 1300 were made (1000 for the Fair and 300 for the UK con)
2008- 1200 were made (1000 for the Fair)
Pinkie Pie- 1200 were made (1000 for the Fair and 250 for UK con)

The Frisco and Trolley exclusives were produced using donated Love Wishes ponies from Hasbro. The Fair staff at the time had them laser engraved and created their own exclusives.

Offline PhyllieBean

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
That looks about right to me!

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
So what MLP Fair ponies do you have stored away in your closet?  lol

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I was thinking that... I really want the pink 08 one.. wink, wink, nudge nudge

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
500 to the US Con and 500 to the UK Con! That seems an odd split doesnt it...considering the scale of the 2 events compared to one another! Hey...we may be a quarter of the size in population as the UK but I guess we have the same amount of collectors!

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal