collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I caved!!  (Read 838 times)

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
I caved!!
« on: May 13, 2012, 03:58:05 PM »
I've been eyeing the Paris Tangkou for months, and I figured she was too expensive...but after my mother's approval I caved. She should be here late this week or early to mid next week. She is the most expensive doll I have ever bought, and even then she was less than $70 WITH shipping.
For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, this is her:
(not my pic)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'll post pics of my own when she gets here.  :devious:

Offline bigmlpfan

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Currently offline due to illness.
    • View Profile
Re: I caved!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 03:59:05 PM »
Big congrats ;)

bigmlpfan xx

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »
Congrats!! I can't wait to see pictures of yours. :cheer:
I love Tangkou France and Aussie because they do have removable wigs, but my favourite is Italia. I just hate that her hair is rooted. ):

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:24:24 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »
I hope you know more than the site I ordered from listed so you're not disappointed. I was pissed when my Aussie arrived. ):

Though I have France's stock, and its lovely!

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 05:58:25 PM »
I hope you know more than the site I ordered from listed so you're not disappointed. I was pissed when my Aussie arrived. ):

Though I have France's stock, and its lovely!
Did she have the overglue issue? :( I think that's the reason I'm so hesitant to dabble into Tangkou dolls with wigs. I've heard some are lightly glued and can easily be removed but I've heard some are so overglued that it's really terribly done and disappointing. You can probably still take it off but it'll be quite a hassle. ;~;

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 07:03:22 PM »
She does, but its not *too* bad. Like I can see it a bit, but I've seen much worse.

The most disappointing parts for me were the printed-on underwear (no bathing suits/lingerie ever for her), random eyelid color (first batch my seller got was pink, the next was black), the randomly colored accessories (it only showed pink, and my doll's character LOVES pink so I was very disappointed to get a beige jewelry box with her), there is only one passport (for France, so OP is lucky there), and how my poor girl looked when she arrived. I believe that was it.

The seller was so polite and kind when I made suggestions to add to the site to help keep people from being disappointed like I was, and she sent me a set of pink accessories and France's outfit/wig as a gift. It was very sweet. Apparently the company making them doesn't usually make dolls so they are/were doing lots of dumb things (identical makeup on, what, 4 of the normal dolls and all of the smaller ones?), switching the eyelid colors, the passport, the random accessories, and Italia's hair shade changing from soft pink to a brighter pink.

I was considering buying another Tangkou in the future until I took my girl outside today, for the first time. I noticed her skin has a pinkish tone, while her jointed are orange and her hands are, idk, normal white people flesh color? Not sure what to call it. xD I also learned the hands attract dirt/dust like MAD and so do her thighs (thighs wiped off easily, hands were near impossible but I didn't try a towel/water/magic eraser yet). Dust/dirt also builds up in the arm connecty areas where the lower arms snap into the upper arms pretty easily. I might buy one of the ones with new makeup if I plan to Obitsu, but I would not keep her on the stock body.

Oh! And about France's outfit. In order to get on/off the jacket I had to pull off my girl's lower arms, and to get the boots to stay I had to pull off her feet (but I don't have her stockings, and they should help). Getting the jacket over her breasts (on and off) was really hard, I ripped the jacket a little bit doing it. I can try and quality check France's wig but I don't know much about wigs, I could compare it to MH/Liv/Pullip hair though.

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 07:22:22 PM »
Oh gosh, that sounds terrible! I'm glad the seller was nice, though. It's not expected, but it's a very pleasant surprise when a seller has good customer service. Your poor little France looks like someone drugged her and a rat made a nest in her wig! It's strange that she attracts dirt and the joints/body and hands are all different colour, ouch. I think that made my decision to buy Italia/England a little more difficult, I'm a little bit more hesitant now, to be honest. They're so cute, but they seem to have so many issues. ;~; I hope Dibbles' France is okay when she arrives.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »
Yeah, I was insanely unhappy when my poor Aussie arrived. If she didn't already have a character before she was bought, I would have resold her. Luckily my horrifying first glance didn't mean much, she was fine (eyes were stuck mid-change and the hair is just terrible with the plastic). My experiences with her have left me so torn. Tangkous have the perfect mix of Blythe and Pullip and are just gorgeous. I looooove their mold. But I'm very hesitant to buy another, unless its one of the smaller ones to Obitsu. But they all have the same make-up as Aussie so. XP

I hope so too. They're really gorgeous dolls, the company is just not smart it seems. 3:

Dibbles

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 08:10:15 PM »
I ordered her on eBay from someone with 100% ratings and great feedback. I hope my France is okay, too, but seeing that literally EVERYONE who bought a doll from her was happy with it makes me feel better.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
That's good to hear. :) Hopefully you're just as happy.

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »
If it was Simlora, she's apparently the official distributor for Tangkou Dolls in North America. I'm sure she'll check before she sends you a doll that has visible problems if she has 100% feedback. (:

Dibbles

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
If it was Simlora, she's apparently the official distributor for Tangkou Dolls in North America. I'm sure she'll check before she sends you a doll that has visible problems if she has 100% feedback. (:
Yup, that's her.

Dibbles

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 12:03:19 AM »
Pressley, as she is now called, arrived late last week and she is just fine.
My Flickr set for her:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sammistarlight/sets/72157629857177754/

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 01:00:58 AM »
Congrats on her! A new dolly purchase is always something to be exited about!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal