collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Peruvian hair care questions  (Read 3993 times)

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Peruvian hair care questions
« on: May 12, 2012, 12:27:46 PM »
I got my first Peruvian today! :squee: I can't spill who it is yet, but her tail is a bit frizzy at the ends. Before I do anything to her hair I want to know basically how well it reacts to conditioning and a flat iron. It's not the green hair by the way ;)

So, does Peruvian hair melt easily like Brazilian hair does? Or does it take heat just fine like most others do?

I remember hearing once that it was 'brittle' and prone to breakage too. Is this true/do I have to be super careful when brushing out her tail?

And a side note, I think we should get a FAQ together about the different kinds of Nirvana hair and how to treat them as some are quite different than the regular pony hair :)

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
Re: Peruvian hair care questions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »
I decided to leave my Peruvians hair natural.  Most of mine have frizzy tails but they also have original curl too so I thought I would preserve it.  I have washed the very end of the tail on a few and it does soften the coarse hair a little...
A guide on nirvana hair is a great idea : )
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »
My Peru Poseys hair actually tolerated more heat than my other ponies. I still wouldn't take it above the 100 - 120 setting on my straightener, but it relaxed pretty well. It actually straightened a little too good and now has absolutely NO shape but at the time that's what I was going for since her hair was everywhere and incredibly frizzy. I'll be giving her some curls later this evening.
It does seem thicker and more easily breakable, in comparison to other nirvanas but if you've straightened pony hair before a Peru pony should be fun to work with since the hair seems to hold whatever shape you give it after defrizzing/straightening it. :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 06:10:01 PM »
Thanks! :lovey: Her tail doesn't have much original curl left, but for now I'll just go with a massive amount of conditioner until I decide on if I want to brave the flat iron with her ;) It's possible it just needs a decent combing to straighten it out. We'll see how this goes~ :good:

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 08:26:50 PM »
I hope the conditioner works out! I usually only use it as a last resort also since it's always a little scary to put high heat on pricy ponies. XD
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 10:33:17 PM »
Can't wait to see who it is!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 11:33:09 PM »
Don't flat iron green Peru hair - it will just melt & frizz up.  Have fun with 'Pony Spa' :) and congrads
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal