collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problems with twinkle_pony  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Problems with twinkle_pony
« on: May 12, 2012, 09:54:28 AM »
Hi everyone, I thought I'd make a small 'public service announcement,' because according to my seller, apparently we still have a problem with PMs getting lost. I know it was an issue on the old forum; is it still a problem here?

I PM'd twinkle_pony on May 8th to ask about several of her ponies for sale. I was thrilled when she told me that all of the ponies I wanted were still available, and when I saw her reply the next day (she sent it May 8th, I saw it May 9th), I immediately gave her my shipping address and asked for a total to send via Paypal.

Imagine my surprise, then, when the next PM I received the very next day (May 10th) told me that she had sold most of the ponies I wanted to other bidders, and asked if I was still interested in the remaining few. When I asked her why she hadn't responded to my PM asking for an invoice, she said that she missed my PM.

I am so unbelievably disappointed right now, I can't even tell you. These were going to be my graduation present to myself, since I'm not buying very many G1s nowadays. :( I was so excited to buy them, I checked PMs almost every day, even though I'm in the midst of very busy graduation preparations and finals. Hence, to lose out on ponies like this, when I am extra attentive to the seller - is even more painful.

So, in case no one knows about this yet, I thought I'd just let everyone know:

1) We may be having problems with PMs going through, so be extra-attentive, sellers and buyers!

2) If it isn't already, your standard practice should be to confirm that the first buyer has changed their minds about the purchase before offering the ponies to the second buyer - especially if it's only been a day since you last heard from them.

I'm very, very disappointed right now. :( But I hope I can spare some other bidders some heartache.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with twinkle_pony
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 03:47:32 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that your transaction fell through.   I know in most cases a transaction can take several days to finialize as we all have real life issues that go on.  So a day is not really ample time to give someone in my opinion but everyone is different.  :(   I hope you are able to find your ponies elsewhere, I always say everything happens for a reason.  So maybe something good is lurking around the corner for you.  :)

Also I am unaware of any problems with PM's getting lost but I will look into it for you.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

pinjalinnea

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 12:32:42 AM »
I had a problem with PM's. I never got a PM from Prismatic about shipping costs. This dragged our transaction a couple of days, before I had the guts to ask about them. :D Our deal went great after that, but that PM did get lost.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 05:37:52 AM »
I always say everything happens for a reason.  So maybe something good is lurking around the corner for you.  :)

I get what you're saying, but it shouldn't be like this. Or am i understanding the whole situation wrong? She still had the ponies on day 1 and on day 2 they were gone(?). It's not like you are on your computer 24/7. I find this very weird, and am sad to hear it. I know i had a disappointing thing with this member, someone else too and here's the 3rd. That doesn't give me good thoughts on it. Sorry, i'm not trying to offend, but it may sound so.

I had sort of the same problem recently, but on another site with another seller. I wanted some ponies and she said it was ok.
Surprisingly, the next day i got an email the ponies were gone, because "i didn't reply mail in 8 hours so my interest in them must have been gone"
Excuse me?! I already paid! I really was mad about it, it doesn't make any sence. Im not on my PC 24/7 and she could have given me more time to response. It was nighttime and yes; i needed 8+ hours sleep :/ Got my money back at least, but what a weirdo.

Sorry for going off-topic :hug: also for your disappointment.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 06:19:30 AM »
I think you are misreading what I said hokus  ;)

I said one day is not ample enough time to complete a transaction.  But unfortunately we can't control how others handle their transactions. 

I hope you are able to find your ponies elsewhere, I always say everything
happens for a reason.  So maybe something good is lurking around the corner for
you.  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is my entire quote above and it was meant that something good is sure to come to Snap for her aggravation, not that it was right on what happened  ;) 

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 08:26:03 AM »
One thing about the PMs here is that if you get multiple new ones and you click on just one to read before leaving your inbox, it will mark them all as read. It's very easy to miss incoming ones now unless you get one at a time.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 08:35:03 AM »
I know that sometimes PMs can honestly go missing, in the same way that sometimes items in the mail really go missing, but I have a VERY hard time believing in happens as often as people claim it does. It always sounds to me like a very convenient excuse. If you claim the PM got lost you don't have to take responsibility for your poor handling of a situation, which I think is far far far more likely to be what happened here. Very disappointing. Sorry you're having to deal with this, Snap.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 12:50:17 PM »
I know that sometimes PMs can honestly go missing, in the same way that sometimes items in the mail really go missing, but I have a VERY hard time believing in happens as often as people claim it does. It always sounds to me like a very convenient excuse. If you claim the PM got lost you don't have to take responsibility for your poor handling of a situation, which I think is far far far more likely to be what happened here. Very disappointing. Sorry you're having to deal with this, Snap.

I don't know about everyone else, but I get an email whenever I get a PM that includes the contents of the message, and then I get the pop-up when I visit the Arena, and if I ignore the pop-up it comes back on my next visit.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »
One thing about the PMs here is that if you get multiple new ones and you click on just one to read before leaving your inbox, it will mark them all as read. It's very easy to miss incoming ones now unless you get one at a time.

This is true ^^  I hate to say it but I have missed a PM or 2 due to this reason and yes I get emails, but when you've got  lots of emails waiting for you at once it can still get missed  :blush:  I always try to double check my PMs and emails now just incase (although I have been having internet troubles over the last week on and off, so anyone trying to contact me and havent heard from me yet,  then  please feel free to  Pm me again!)
That being said, I really feel your disappointment Snap! one day certainly isnt long enough to leave it before offering the ponies to someone else, and especially as the transaction was going through :yikes:  I think she really should have contacted you to double check with you first (just incase she hadnt got the PM) before offering the ponies to another buyer   :( .   
I hope Twinkle-pony learns from this situation, since this kind of thing leads to upset and disappointment for both buyer and seller in the end. Thats doesnt make things easier for you though Snap, and I really hope that someone else here will be able to sell you those ponies soon. Thank you for letting us know about what happened   :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 06:21:50 PM »

I don't know about everyone else, but I get an email whenever I get a PM that includes the contents of the message, and then I get the pop-up when I visit the Arena, and if I ignore the pop-up it comes back on my next visit.

No popup and no emails here. I turned that stuff off. It annoyed me.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 09:48:48 PM »
I just feel really bad for you.  At the very least you deserved a pm when they didn't hear from you...to find out if you were still interested.  That is just good business and a professional way of handling a transaction.  I am sorry you lost your ponies.  I would be so disappointed to but probably not in the pm system here at the arena.  Communication is a two way thing...

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 12:47:02 AM »
Not that this excuses their behavior (they sold the ponies out from under you in *one* day?! Unless they said they needed to sell ASAP that's just rude), but the PM system here at the new Arena is very bad. Like someone else mentioned it isn't even a challenge to loose them. Any time I go to my inbox and have a new message its marked as read when I didn't touch it (happens when I have 1 PM) and the rare times I've had multiple PMs going to my inbox marks #1 as read (maybe others, never looked) and when I read one they ALL get marked as read. So I imagine if you're dealing with a lot of PMs it could get very hectic very fast. Even when I was PMing only two people at once I almost lost PMs. :/

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 04:56:20 AM »

If one chooses to do so, it's their own responsibility to keep checking themselves.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 08:43:33 AM »
Just to be fair and professional, Has the member twinkle_pony been contacted about there being a thread about her here?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 07:00:40 PM »
If one chooses to do so, it's their own responsibility to keep checking themselves.

This. Very much this.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal