collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Interest in a "Custom Swap Virgins" Swap?  (Read 369 times)

Margos

• Trade Count: (0)
Interest in a "Custom Swap Virgins" Swap?
« on: May 10, 2012, 08:03:15 PM »
I've seen so many amazing swaps, and they look like so much fun!  I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in a swap for newbies who've never participated in swaps before, or just people new to customizing.

What if we customized Fakies and swapped them?  We wouldn't have to expect them to be beautiful masterpieces, since they'd all be early attempts by budding customizers.  But I thought it could still be nice and encourage people to exercise creativity and build connections with other new people who don't usually customize or swap.

Would that be a good idea?  Would anyone else want to do that?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Interest in a "Custom Swap Virgins" Swap?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 08:10:22 PM »
I know we have a newbie swap running right now, but there are always new people joining so maybe another one could start after this one is done? You'd just have to find someone to host or co-host who has some more experience to make sure things go smoothly. Good luck!

Margos

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 08:14:14 PM »
The Newbie swap had a requirement of a completed custom and two arena feedbacks.
I meant one so that people who've never really completed customs at all before could participate and gain experience, like for people who are completely, completely new.

EDIT:  I forgot, I also meant to mention that that one required turning a pony into a different gen pony (I think?), but I was thinking more of something that involved fakies and free reign design-wise.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:16:56 PM by Margos »

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 08:17:01 PM »
Well, you won't be able to run a swap for people who have no feedback at all - people have suggested that a few times and the mods have made it clear that such a swap would never get approved. You could maybe do one for people who have never made customs, but they'd still have to have buying/selling/trading feedback. That would still be pretty tough to get approved.

Margos

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 08:19:13 PM »
Well, you won't be able to run a swap for people who have no feedback at all - people have suggested that a few times and the mods have made it clear that such a swap would never get approved. You could maybe do one for people who have never made customs, but they'd still have to have buying/selling/trading feedback. That would still be pretty tough to get approved.

Oh, OK.  What if they have positive feedback on other pony sites?  I know the currently running Newbie swap allowed one of the two positive feedbacks to come from eBay.
I'm just taking myself as an example.  I'd consider myself an honest trader, have 3 positive feedbacks on Trading Post, but not a single feedback here.  It's because I don't have anything to sell, and not terribly much money to buy. 
If there's no way it could work, then there's no way it could work.  I just thought it might be fun, is all.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 08:22:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the way the newbie swap is set up is pretty much the absolute minimum feedback requirements you can possibly have for a swap - one feedback here, one feedback from another site. We just can't let people with no feedback into organized swaps because we have to feel like we have at least some tiny bit of proof that they are a responsible member on this website. The mods just want to do what they can to make sure that people get treated fairly, and feedback is the best indicator we have.

Private swaps are a great way to get feedback :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:24:23 PM by NoDivision »

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 08:25:13 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to go ahead and tell you right now, no, you will not be approved to host a swap with no feedback or experience required. We also ask that hosting members have more time, experience and feedback under there belt before hosting.

The best thing new customizers and members can do is find other members to do private swaps (and we have many members who are willing :)  ) as well as build feedback thru selling and trading...even not customs.

If you have any questions regarding this, please contact one of our customs mods or admin.

I am going to go ahead and lock this thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal