collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm having a good Nirvana week! What can you tell me about this Mexican girl?  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
My Mexican pony finally arrived from Mexico and I just got back from picking her up at the post office, so she hasn't been cleaned up yet.

I love her because of the simplicity of her symbols and her color scheme. She reminds me of one of the early original ponies.

Peppermint Truly's "Mexican Pony Paradise" says that she came with the Perfume Puff Palace in Mexico, and casts doubt as to whether she is a Twilight variant, which I have seen her called, or a unique character. Does anyone know her "official" name?

Also, she's obviously had quite a snip so I'd love to know what color Dolly Hair to use to restore her to her former long-haired glory. It doesn't look quite the same shade as Blossom, Lemon Drop, Bluebell, etc. Maybe once I wash it that will change?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
I don't think she had a name.

And her hair is still fairly long and nice.  If it were me, I wouldn't rehair.  But it's up to you.  :)
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
I've seen her called "Pretty Puff" but I'm not sure if that was an official name or one made up by collectors. I agree that her hair is nicer than average, so I'm not sure that she needs to be rehaired.

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
She has no name as fas as I know.

One of my sister's have her as a kid, and now I have 2 of her, and she is somewhat a little 'different' from the normal unicorn Mexican Twilight (blue eyes, blue stars, purple hair, as fas as I know she doesn't tend to fade as the unicorn).

Her hair looks fine to me and I wouldn't do it, but if you prefer her with long hair, go for it.  As for color, nope, her hair is the color it should be, I don't know if there's an exact match for it =P  Even for Mexicans, her color doesn't match with other pony's hair =P

Maybe her tail's a little short, but not for much.  And it doesn't look tangled and frizzy as Mexicans tend to do.

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
She's often referred to as a Twilight variant, but her symbol is nearly identical to Starflower's (just flipped):

(pic from Ponyland Press)

I think she's probably a mix of the two (Twilight's colors, Starflower's symbol), though why she's an Earth pony is beyond me if that's really the case :silly:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:55:13 PM by Glacia471 »

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Oh Congrads!  I've often admired this girl.  :)
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Dyzarktarzk

She's often referred to as a Twilight variant, but her symbol is nearly identical to Starflower's (just flipped):

(pic from Ponyland Press)

I think she's probably a mix of the two (Twilight's colors, Starflower's symbol), though why she's an Earth pony is beyond me if that's really the case :silly:

Maybe an earth relative of Starflower and Twilight?  =D

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
*grins* or a cousin to Blue Belle?
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Dyzarktarzk

They are all family!!  *big smile*

All ponies with stars on them! =D

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
Thanks everyone! I like the name "Pretty Puff." That's what I've been calling her now as she sits here on my desk. Upon closer inspection, her hair may have been cut because the ends were frizzier. It is not a terrible haircut, I think I will wash her up good and let her sit in conditioner for about 24 hours before I decide whether or not to rehair, since some of you advised against.

I also like how long her eyelashes are painted, and how soft and squishy her plastic is, even more than my Macau Jenny.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Oooh you got this little girl. I had my eye on her. I really like her colors and her simplicity, and she looks like she's in great shape! Congrats!

Moondancer115

Wow she is stunning! She is in such good shape. I wouldn't rehair her. She still jas long enough hair in my opinion  ^.^
Big congrats on her :cheer:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
she is a lovely pony, congrats on adding her to your collection :)

hehe! that is a cute idea to think she is related to bluebell, starflower and twilight!

love pkw xxxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
she is a truly beautiful girl! You are very lucky :) xxx

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
I think her hair looks pretty good! She does have some lovely colours :) Pretty Puff is a good name to give her, even if it's not official ;)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal