collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need motivation!  (Read 543 times)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I need motivation!
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »
I've lost nearly 30 pounds, then went back up a bit, and am currently at about 25 lbs down...but right now I've been hitting a plateau for the past week.  At this point, I'm beginning to lose hope that I'll be able to start losing again.  I still have about 60 lbs to go until I reach my goal.  I would love to get to 120, but with my body type, that's not realistic, so I've set my goal to between 130-140.  So, at this point, I am struggling to keep my motivation.  I've become a bit on the grumpy side because of the fact that I'm so frustrated (sorry if I've been a might grouchy, BTW!)  "Why are you telling us?" you may ask.  Well, I know some of you have been on this same journey and have worked really hard to get healthy! So, I would love to hear your success stories!  What did you do to lose weight?  And what did you do when you hit a plateau? 

Offline Dindae

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I need motivation!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:25:38 AM »
First off congratulation on the 25 pounds. Don't be discouraged by plateaus. The key is discipline. I've lost 39 since last fall. I mainly have been just counting calories using www.myfitnesspal.com. I have however had set back from vacations/family visiting where we go out and eat often and I indulge and then have a few lack luster weeks until I get back to the routine. The main changes to my diet has been no soda. I used to have 4 20 oz bottles a day roughly. At 210 calories a pop that was 840 calories a day or 5880 a week. To lose a pound you must burn/cut 3550 calories a week so that was over a pound right there. The nice thing about that site is you see where your calories are coming from. It's easy to know that the double chocolate cake is gobs of calories but sometimes it's harder to tell. I don't avoid anything if I really want something I eat it but I know that I have to make up for that later either by eating light or working out. When I have plateaued it is usually because I haven't been tracking my calories as well and telling myself that I'm doing ok on calories and knowing full well I am not. Just remember a bad few weeks are not the end of the world expect them but know that all you have to do is get back to the things that have worked for you.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:39:04 AM »
Plateaus suck the big one!  >P  I don't have any advice because I never did anything special...but sending thin thoughts your way!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 11:15:45 AM »
You can do it!!!! *cheers*

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »
KEEP AT IT !!! :D :cheer:

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 03:52:46 PM »
You've done so well!!!  It can be hard when the weightloss starts slowing down.  Just remember that one pound NOW is a higher percentage of your body weight than it was 25 pounds ago.  So it's natural for the weight to become more and more stubborn.  Just keep going, you CAN do this!

Why don't you set goals and rewards for yourself?  Like, when you eat a healthy meal, you get one point.  You get a point when you exercise.  Another when you pass up a candy bar for an apple.  You get the idea.  Set your own goals and then rewards at each point.  At 10 points, you can get a pony.  Or keep saving your points and then get a manicure at 25!  It will encourage you to keep working for your reward.  Just don't set food rewards, as that can cause bad habits.

You can also try what many of us did with the Pounds for Ponies and post a public food an exercise journal here.  You will have a sense of accountability (it's a lot easier to go for healthy options when you know people will see) and also lots of support.  That's what the community is for  :)

Keep going and good luck!  You can succeed if you just keep pushing.  Just remind yourself that it will all be worth is when you are healthy and look fabulous!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 11:53:16 AM »
Great work so far!  When I hit a plateau, I do two things: change up my exercise routine to make sure my muscles aren't too comfortable, and do a zig-zag calorie progression for a week or two.  For example, one day I'll eat 1600 calories tops, then the next day I'll allow myself 2000, and then back down the next day.  It keeps your metabolism on its toes.

Whatever you do, keep at it!  You're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  :cheer:

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal