collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BronyCon Summer print ideas - 3 WIPs  (Read 1290 times)

Bee-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
BronyCon Summer print ideas - 3 WIPs
« on: May 02, 2012, 07:36:51 PM »
So yeah!

BronyCon Summer is FAST approaching, and those of us in the artist alley have been asked if we would like to help design the various signs to be hung around the convention for various rooms, events, and locations.

[strike]I'm submitting three sign designs, keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be chosen so that I can actually finish them. It's also a great chance to be able to add this to my resume. ^_^[/strike]

And you know me, I like giving some of the not-often-used ponies some air time, so you will NOT be seeing any of the Mane 6 MLP: FiM gals from me here.

( I've been informed that there has a been a change in plans for the signs, so I'm going to just use these for my own print ideas. HOWEVER, I'm still going to be working on a sign for the convention. You'll have to wait and see what it is and what it looks like once the convention comes around. ;p )

Now my question for you all:

If these are designs are chosen to be used for the official BronyCon Summer signs, how do YOU all think I should color them?

Animation flats ( like I've been doing on my MLP:FiM, "Boys Only!", line ), or digital painting?

The actual lettering for the signs will be done in Adobe Illustrator, in their own layers, so it's a given those will be flat tones, but the actual ponies themselves, I want YOUR feedback.

Now, on to the designs!

The Concession Stands:
I went with the idea of Sugarcube Corner, featuring Mr. and Mrs. Cake.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Tail Hall:
Now THIS one I had a difficult time coming up with ANY FiM pony that I could use ( and still have a rating of PG. XP ).

HOWEVER... we DO have several ponies from the original G1 line that I could use the whole idea of long tails with. And who better to use than Princess Brush'n'Grow, Star Gleamer, in my own take on Princess Luna's body type?

Hey, it's an excuse for me to draw super long and flowy hair!

And finally, the Exit signs!
Immediately, the construction worker ponies from the, "Mare Do Well", episode came to mind. I dug around on the MLP:FiM wiki, and found the female construction worker, Ambrosia.

~~Bee
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:42:17 PM by Bee-chan »

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: BronyCon Summer sign ideas - 3 WIPs
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »
I like them!  I really like the second, using a BnG pony was a great idea  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Bee-chan

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 04:46:04 AM »
I like them!  I really like the second, using a BnG pony was a great idea  :)

Thanks, Zenna!

Heh, you know I have to sneak a chance to showcase a G1 pony in SOMEHOW at bronyCon, and... well... gosh darn it, there just aren't any FiM ponies with super long tails! Just have to go with a Princess B'n'G! XP

Hey, it IS a MY LITTLE PONY convention, and all generations are welcome! ;p
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:53:42 AM by Bee-chan »

Offline Lina

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:47:27 AM »
these are amazing! i love your style.

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 05:07:47 AM »
They're gorgeous! I especially love the G1 sign, but I can't imagine a G1 sign at a Brony convention going over well, unfortunately. :/

Bee-chan

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 01:13:14 PM »
They're gorgeous! I especially love the G1 sign, but I can't imagine a G1 sign at a Brony convention going over well, unfortunately. :/

Hmmm, well, we'll see. It's not like FiM only fans are really going to know who she is. If I drew Star Gleamer in the actual G1 style, then yeah, I can see the guys not digging the idea. But since she's drawn in my take on Princess Luna's body style, then there may be a chance of hardcore bronies digging it. Who knows? We'll never know unless we take a chance, right?

All we can do is see what happens, and who's designs are chosen for each sign. ^^;
I know the, "judging", is supposed to happen tomorrow ( May 4th ), so all I can do now is just keep my fingers crossed.

In the mean time, back to commission orders and my oil painting! *zooms off*

Bee-chan

Re: BronyCon Summer print ideas - 3 WIPs
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 05:42:52 PM »
Small update about the signs. Check out the first post.

Offline AmberMarie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I have a lovely bunch of coconuts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 06:39:49 AM »
Totally love the third one. The pose is dynamic and really makes great use of the space.

I say paint them. Paint paint paint away!

I also say "pish posh" and let your heart take ya where you want to draw! Everyone is a critic and you can't please them all.
Wow! I have been gone for years. Getting back into the swing of things!
TAF LOVER! PM me if you have any ponies covered in stuff. :D
Trade List
Want List
Dig my art? Follow on Facebook!

SnowsLove

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 08:08:09 AM »
I would love to attend Bronycon, heck I even want to attend the main Pony Con but I can't.  Is there a way to send prints of some artwork to be viewed and/or purchased?  Is there someone I can trust to handle it?  I mean... I don't know who the admins are over ANY of these cons, and I realize that they have to take a certain percentage and all that.

It would be nice to have some art there... even if I can't be there.

Bee-chan

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 01:18:04 PM »
I would love to attend Bronycon, heck I even want to attend the main Pony Con but I can't.  Is there a way to send prints of some artwork to be viewed and/or purchased?  Is there someone I can trust to handle it?  I mean... I don't know who the admins are over ANY of these cons, and I realize that they have to take a certain percentage and all that.

It would be nice to have some art there... even if I can't be there.

Not sure about that, Snow. There isn't an art show like at Otakon, but their is an auction. HOWEVER, the auction is for a charity. The pieces in the auction are donated, so they don't get money from it.

I think you might want to talk to Kar Red Roses, she's in charge of the artist alley.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal