collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zombie Swap II: Monstrous Persona Swap! (WARNING) Shipping on the 8/9th!  (Read 21142 times)

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
Re: Zombie Swap II: Monstrous Persona Swap! (WARNING) Partners Out!
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2012, 08:28:15 AM »
okay, i try to keep up with all the questions:

favorite hasbro pony?
- duh, probably baby leafy the calf, but that has nothing to do with my zombie request.

symbol:
i requested my little companion cube pony and my persona hedonism. it would be nice if they are overall still recognicable. Xd but i don´t mind if one can´t see every detail of the design. XD

hair:
uhh, dunno, i think as far as it fith to the persona and your concept, it works. XD
(uh, i am not a fan of sculpted hair)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:51:13 AM by emuel »
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2012, 09:35:12 AM »
Knowing people's fave Hasbro pony may have nothing to do with the monster, but it might have everything to do with an extra or 2 ;)

Offline xSexyWafflesx

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Muffins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2012, 01:50:23 PM »
Knowing people's fave Hasbro pony may have nothing to do with the monster, but it might have everything to do with an extra or 2 ;)
Well, in my case, it MAY have something to do with the monster.  ;)  But we'll see.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fuu ref sheet:  http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/294665_279291878753786_100000189281661_1368469_2327441_n.jpg
My deviant art:  xSexyWafflesx.deviantart.com
My etsy:  etsy.com/shop/xsexywafflesx

Offline darknessunisousboy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://darknesscustomshack.webs.com/
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2012, 06:49:20 PM »
EEERRR my baits head does not want to come off guess it will have to be cut off :(

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2012, 07:05:12 PM »
Well, in my case, it MAY have something to do with the monster.  ;)  But we'll see.

lol, sneaky!

I have wondered in previous swap whether it was ok, to mislead my partner. Like saying "I got my bait 3.5 today!! I never liked these but I hope my partner loves it!!" Or "Hooray! The yarn hair is in!" Then having it not be a 3.5 with hair. I won't do it. But it's fun to think about.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2012, 05:10:41 AM »
Hmmm, I have two ideas I could use but no idea which to choose. I may have to do two ponies for my partner  ;)

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2012, 05:23:11 AM »
uniu, two ponies? do you mean a pony cut in two? XD

salli, thank you! XD that makes sense! that brings up a new question for everyone:
---------

what do you expect to be in the extras/what do you suggest to include?
(like sweets, hand drawn sketches, official merchandise?)
also, are there sweets you dislike?
--------

to answer the question myself: i´m still new to swaps itself. to be honest, i just expect the custom pony. i often send sweets to others, but the main focus is on the custom for me. ^^

for sweets or such, i guess i like nearly everything. just not white chocolate.  oh, and i love tea! how about including tea in a swap box? :D

www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2012, 05:51:55 AM »
"what do you expect to be in the extras/what do you suggest to include?"

I think the custom should be the main focus to get excited about.  If the person is more excited about extras than the custom... well that isn't so good for the poor custom lol.  As a general rule I set a $5 or less price limit for my extras.  Food can be difficult to ship but I like hershey kisses/bars with almonds.  But my teeth aren't great so I try to minimize my sweets.  I dislike toosey rolls and gummi candy.  I love it when I get art in the box or stickers or little things. 
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Uninu

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2012, 06:20:53 AM »
uniu, two ponies? do you mean a pony cut in two? XD
LOL not telling!  XD

As for extras, I like sweets but even more than them I like to get art like scetches or even detailed pictures. Sweets are nice for a while but art lasts longer ^^ I also love MLP stickers.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2012, 08:39:40 AM »
Art is always cool to get, I've gotta agree with that! I also always love to get a note with the custom, and always send one (usually long- I talk too much). I have all the notes I've gotten with my customs and keep them with the the ponies, as a nice reminder of both who made them and how much they put into them.
I also have to agree with how amazing tea is, because tea is awesome! I also like most candies, but it's sooo hot out here that half the time things melt.

What I usually send is $5-$10 of things, usually with something edible, a printed note because my handwriting is terrible, any random cheap thing I've found and thought would be cool (A flower growing kit that was $1 once) and a little trinket from Vegas, because I think were I live is cool! It'd be cool to get something touristy and local from others too I think, especially since I'm too broke to really travel myself.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:41:51 AM by DoomBunnies »
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline Uninu

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2012, 10:26:56 AM »
I also tend to send a printed note, though mine has always a hand written signature. My hand writing is rather bad so I find it best top use a printed note. I have a bad habit to forget to put the notes in the boxes though, I hope I remember it in the future!  :lookround:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2012, 10:50:36 AM »
I was wondering that same thing. I don't think most people 'expect' extras, but I can't help sending something. For the vacation swap my partner sent me used copies of The Devil Wears Prada book and DVD and I thought that was a creative take on extras :) (Rarity went to fashion week in Paris.) I may toss in a cheap, spooky old movie. I wonder if they have a DVD player/VHS?

Can't have too many stickers. Art is great! Since we are getting these in October I may try to include some Halloween extras. I don't know what that will be exactly just yet, but I usually just keep my eye out as I'm out-and-about and I'll stumble upon stuff. I usually don't think much about it til my pony is done or almost though. Especially an intense project pony like this one. I like to make accessories to go with my pony, but that won't really work with this one (muah ha ha ha).

Candy, I love rootbeer-flavored hard candies but I don't have any dislikes I can think of.

Post Merge: June 11, 2012, 10:51:44 AM

I also tend to send a printed note, though mine has always a hand written signature. My hand writing is rather bad so I find it best top use a printed note. I have a bad habit to forget to put the notes in the boxes though, I hope I remember it in the future!  :lookround:

I forget too! I just get so excited to send the pony! I'll have to remember this time for sure. I don't even have the excuse of bad handwriting.

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2012, 12:26:45 PM »
ah, i am relieved! :D i was a bit afraid to give to less. ^^
the printed note is really a good hint. my handwriting isn´t very good either, so i will stick with that too, thank you! aand i did forgot the note a few times too. ^^"

anyone, would you be interested to have printed out WIP-pictures with your custom? ^^
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:44:10 PM by emuel »

Offline Uninu

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2012, 12:34:57 PM »
anyone, would you be interested to have printet out WIP-pictures with your custom? ^^
That would be so cute! I would love that :D

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2012, 01:05:50 PM »
I usually try to do a drawing that I can send to them after they get their package (I colored it digitally). As for other extras, it is usually stickers, candy, or a random Littlest Pet Shop that would be a good tag along.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal