collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag Destroyers  (Read 10842 times)

Offline dippindot

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Blind Bag Destroyers
« on: April 30, 2012, 08:39:07 PM »
I stopped by Walmart because a friend told me they had stocked up on blind bags (still looking for a Roseluck) and they had 6 left, so I picked a couple up...

And the ponies fell out.   :mad:   4 out of the 6 were torn open.  Seriously, what's wrong with people?  Are they that darn cheap and set on getting specific ponies, that they can't either buy multiple bags or order them online or something?  Why do you have to destroy the merchandise?

It's completely unneccessary.  My friend finished her set by checking them out through the tiny pin hole in the bag.  The new codes are online.  Y U gotta rip open the bags?!

So... just needed to rant about that a bit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CloudBurst Reference

Signature is rotating, PM for artist info! : )

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Bag Destroyers
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
i found a couple kids just ripping the bags open at a TRU, two boys, just doing it to see what was inside ... and why can't people do something without destroying something? usually out of sheer laziness :(
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 08:48:14 PM »
At least the ponies were still inside. When I first found them, I found what should have been an almost full box. They had a bunch of empty bags in them!  :enraged:
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
I hate it when that happens!  I have only seen it once, but it still broke my heart.  Why do people have to be so unkind and inconsiderate! 

Also, Dippendot, do you need me to look for a Roseluck tomorrow?  My walmart just got some bbs in so there should be at least one in there...

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 08:59:40 PM »
I've been running into this problem lately too. The last time I payed a visit to my local TRU I decided to check the pony aisle and noticed that every blind bag left in the box had been cut open and many of the ponies were missing. :/

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 09:25:07 PM »
Some people are just jerks. Last time I went pony hunting, I found several open bags with NO ponies in them :/
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
i bought a blind bag and it was already opened.. i didn't realize it until i was at the checkout.
also the other day i was at a walmart with another collector from here , and we looked at the blind bags, and tehre was a minty collector card and a few pamplets in the box, aka stolen or open ponies :-\

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 09:34:17 PM »
Maybe you should go buy them in a place that has some sort of security.
Around here if you start ripping boxes open and stuff, you have a security guy/mall detective on your ass pretty fast. Reminding you that opening means you need to buy it.

The worst I experienced ws with W3. Appearantly alot of people are frantically searching for Heartstrings and Bigmac and are touching the bags quite a bit too hard. I've never had so many awfull bent and twisted character cards before

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 09:49:55 PM »
It's ridiculous that so many people destroy and steal from blind bags when they're so cheap and so easily identified... I hope that you're able to find the blind bag ponies you were looking for. 

Do you think that telling some employees at your Walmart that the MLP blindbags are being stolen from and ruined might encourage them to pay a bit closer attention to that part of the store, and perhaps help in the longrun for getting blindbags there?

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 11:22:15 PM »
People are just really inconsiderate. It really seems like people love to go tearing everything up at Walmart.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

nsunshine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 11:41:29 PM »
we don't even get no blind bags at the walmart where I live!!! so at least you all get too see empty bags!!! now I'm feeling sorry for myself cause I have yet to see a blind bag in america!!!

some people are cheap and some people are dumb...thats just the way they are.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 11:47:44 PM »
I think this is one of the major reasons why the US never gets blind bags... So sad.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 01:44:29 AM »
If people are stealing the ponies then that is terrible but it does make you realise why some stores dont like carrying this kind of product. In many ways I think it would make more sense for HB just to say on the front who is inside...but I would guess the reason for blind bags is a cost saving - same packaging, little effort and the "surprise" of a pony - forgetting that some people are actually looking for all the different ones!

It got so bad in a couple of my local supermarkets, that the blind bags for Lego, Transformers and another line I cant remember, ended up being sold in sealed see through plastic security boxes [like those you would see maybe a DVD or a mobile phone in in some stores]...you had to take the box to the check out in order for the bag to be released! I suppose at least that made them true blind bags - no "feeling" or checking any hidden code to see who was inside.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 01:56:31 AM »
Around here they solved that problem by putting the boxes with suprise bags near or in direct line of sight to the counter.

They one store that doesn't... well as I said before, bent cards because appearantly even with the numbering system, people can't be arsed to be gentle with the stuff.

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 02:09:51 AM »
Our walmart just restocked the W1 ponies :( They sell so fast that me personally I bought Roseluck then opened a whole bunch of bags and mainly got doubles *sigh* But thats ok :) Oncce I caught a kid of like 8-12 years old pack searching through some baseball cards, but had to leave them behind. So to teach a boy a lesson I took the 3 packs he had set aside in a hidden spot, I took them but replaced them with 3 other packs. And hid the packs on a different shelf one he couldnt reach. I told my then bf about the packs and he insisted I buy them. Come to find out they were jersey cards, each worth about $20. About a half an hr later the boy returned with his parents to "exchange" the cards. Then our distribuator quit selling to walmart for about 8 months after this incident. When they realized this child could tell what packs had what in them. It was game over for the honest buyers, who play fair and not check to see what the cards were. If I remember right his family isnt allowed in Walmart with him unsupervised.

Much like myself I grabbed like 8 - 10 bling bags tonight just randomly. I dont care what I got. I can always resell them later :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal