collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: About cutie marks...  (Read 4297 times)

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
Re: About cutie marks...
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 03:00:38 PM »
I miss the double cutie mark days:(
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 03:13:06 PM »
I'd love if they were double-sided but I 've heard part of the reason they stopped because it it was hard to get both sides aligned.

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2012, 03:37:37 PM »
I would prefer if the G4 ponies had cutie marks on both sides just for display purposes. It annoys me when I have an uneven number of ponies with cutie marks on one side than on the other, it just makes the display off balance... if that makes any sense  :lol:
I feel like Hasbro is definitely trying to make products quickly and less expensive. I wish they would put a little more effort in as far as the cutie marks go, but if I really had to pick something about the G4 ponies that I would want them to fix it would definitely be the plastic on the pink/purple ponies so their heads and bodies match  >_<

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2012, 04:12:04 PM »
I'd love if they were double-sided but I 've heard part of the reason they stopped because it it was hard to get both sides aligned.

They managed pretty well for the first decade of production? o.O;
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2012, 06:06:05 PM »
I don't think Hasbro wanted to cut corners so much as it is a result of the harsh reality of our economy. Plastic is made from oil and over the years the price of it has skyrocketed. I would not want to be the owner of any such company in this day and age. All the criticism that would be directed at me just to keep from losing money isn't worth it.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2012, 06:07:53 PM »
But...the *paint* isn't made from oil is it?

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2012, 06:16:14 PM »
"Cutie mark" is a G3 or G4 term, I think it came about in G3?  It definitely was not around in the first two generations, and I refuse to call my ponies symbols "cutie" anything.  PTOOEY. Makes them sound all cutsey and gross. 

Ah, yes, I remember when I first heard that term back at the beginning of G3.  I had the same reaction.  I continue to call them "symbols" regardless of which generation it is.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2012, 06:32:04 PM »
But...the *paint* isn't made from oil is it?

True but I am sure the machines probably use it so the less machines they have use probably helps offset rising costs. It just irritates me that people tend to think companies cut corners just so some fat cat can have another Benz when that usually isn't the case.

"Cutie mark" is a G3 or G4 term, I think it came about in G3?  It definitely was not around in the first two generations, and I refuse to call my ponies symbols "cutie" anything.  PTOOEY. Makes them sound all cutsey and gross. 

Ah, yes, I remember when I first heard that term back at the beginning of G3.  I had the same reaction.  I continue to call them "symbols" regardless of which generation it is.

I don't think the "Butt Symbol Crusaders" has quite the same ring to it. :silly:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:35:32 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2012, 06:39:26 PM »
I personally hate them only being on one side too, makes it harder to display them and if one gets scuffed or whatever then you dont have a 'back up'

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2012, 11:51:02 PM »
Could be an interesting art project to learn how to paint the other one on yourself...

Are there any guides for doing that yet?

Gold_Kitsune

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 11:19:45 AM »
I've also wondered about this.  Because on the show you can clearly see that they have Cuitemarks on both flanks.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 11:33:48 AM »
It would save Hasbro money if they could be better about making sure factory workers don't steal boxes of ponies. I'm seeing them sold on ebay by the dozens for a ridiculous amount.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:36:36 AM by StarlightGaze »

Gonzo

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »
I'm not bothered by symbols only being on one side, but I can see why others would be. (Probably helps that my only real G1 is a blank flank)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 12:13:36 PM »
I miss the double symbols but it's also kind of nice only having them on their display side at least now you only have to worry about one mark getting messed up and not two.

This is actually a bad thing, because if the symbol is damaged, that's it. You can't just turn the pony around and display her on the opposite side.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 12:16:10 PM »
I miss the double symbols but it's also kind of nice only having them on their display side at least now you only have to worry about one mark getting messed up and not two.

This is actually a bad thing, because if the symbol is damaged, that's it. You can't just turn the pony around and display her on the opposite side.

Yeah I have a Sweetie Swirl with a damaged cutiemark. I got her on ebay and knew she had a damaged cutiemark though. The only thing you can do is either try to restore it or live with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal