collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which do think are the coolest, the sculpts used for Blind Bag ponies or Brushable ponies?

Blind Bag Ponies
23 (52.3%)
Brushable Ponies
21 (47.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: G4 : Blind Bag Sculpts v Brushable Sculpts  (Read 2379 times)

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
G4 : Blind Bag Sculpts v Brushable Sculpts
« on: April 26, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »
Hello everypony,

I was just wondering what everyone elses thoughts are on which sculpts they prefer in the G4 line, either the ones for Brushable ponies or Blind Bag ponies?

Personally I prefer the Blind Bag ponies as there is a wider variety of poses and I feel they are more show accurate ( except of course Fluttershy who Hasbro have pretty much forgotten about).

I also love the Blind bag boys, while I wouldn't describe them as show accurate I do think they are actually cuter than the show characters . It really took me a while to get used to the art dirrection of the boy ponies in the show as their eyes seemed too low down to me.

So it's a big thumbs up for blind bag ponies for me!

And a here's hoping we get some new Brushable poses sometime soon.

BBP

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: G4 : Blind Bag Sculpts v Brushable Sculpts
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 01:56:15 PM »
I like the poses of the blind bags much more! There's pretty much no diversity among the brushables. I do really like the new mould they've made for Cadence, so I hope they make use of it.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 02:03:17 PM »
What they need to do is take the Blind Bag ponies, blow their sizes up or implement their poses to Brushable sizes without the molded manes. That way we get the best of both worlds. XP
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 02:18:15 PM »
I prefer the blind bag poses, I wish they'd do something new with the brushables already.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 02:22:50 PM »
Isn't this a bit of an unfair battle? XD The brushable ones only have two poses.
Not counting poses, i prefer the brushable ones. I feel the blindbag ones sometimes have a bit of a small head.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:24:23 PM by Malicieuse »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 02:26:06 PM »
What they need to do is take the Blind Bag ponies, blow their sizes up or implement their poses to Brushable sizes without the molded manes. That way we get the best of both worlds. XP

This for me! I just feel as though the blind bags are much cuter and more imaginative in style...its not so much if the are "show accurate" its just that the poses are better....the rearing Fluttershy like G1 Trulys pose, the Pinkie Pie side on pose like G1 Love Melody...and so on!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 02:35:08 PM »
I would love to have a brushable of BB Rarity's pose! (on a side note... I am also thinking a folded wing pegasus would be adorable!)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 03:20:44 PM »
As far as poses go I like the McDonald's ones the best really.

For brushables I'm a little torn. Having unique poses for new ponies I don't mind at all but I've already inadvertently ended up with "hoof up" versions of everyone but I think AJ through buying playsets that I pretty much consider doubles (or kind of secondary in my collection) but can't bring myself to get rid of in case I happen to prefer that pose for a photo. So I guess new poses are nice for photos but not for collecting/display.

Blind bag poses are cool but I actually wish they had more variety at least in hairstyles since there are so many characters and only 5 hairstyles and yeah poor Fluttershy... (I haven't gotten any boys yet but they are adorable and am really excited over the alicorn sculpt)

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »
I like the variety of poses the blind bag ponies come in but in general I prefer the brushables. I do love the blind bag PP though because I feel her hairstyle is the hardest to capture in brushable-form (the brushable-size molded hair PP is the best though). I've seen many valiant attempts by fans to recreate her hair from the show but rarely do they look that great, IMO.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 03:29:07 PM »
I prefer the blind bags because:
1. I cannot style pony hair to save my life
2. No head-body mismatch (which gets worse when stored in darkness!)
3. Lots more variety (poses, colors, and hair styles)
4. Easier to display, store, etc. lots of them

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »

This for me! I just feel as though the blind bags are much cuter and more imaginative in style...its not so much if the are "show accurate" its just that the poses are better....the rearing Fluttershy like G1 Trulys pose, the Pinkie Pie side on pose like G1 Love Melody...and so on!

This is really what I want, too.  I don't collect the blind bag ponies because a)  I don't usually shop at TRU or Walmart and b)  I want my ponies to have hair.  :P  Sorrry, but I don't collect molded hair ponies; I want to be able to play with their hair.  And I really don't like toys that are that tiny.  I'd rather have full-sized ponies in a variety of characters and molds/poses.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

will2Bfree

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 02:48:50 AM »
I prefer the regular brushable sized ones, but I would like them to release more with molded hair. Brushable hair can be such a pain in the butt. I do agree that a pegasus with folded wings would be adorable... if done right. I'd want!

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 02:52:22 AM »
Isn't this a bit of an unfair battle? XD The brushable ones only have two poses.
Not counting poses, i prefer the brushable ones. I feel the blindbag ones sometimes have a bit of a small head.
5 actually
-Standard
-Raised Leg
-Luna/Cadence
-TalkingPony(Cadence/Celestia)
-FS Stepped Out (the pose PP and wingless RD are in)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 03:06:37 AM »

This is really what I want, too.  I don't collect the blind bag ponies because a)  I don't usually shop at TRU or Walmart and b)  I want my ponies to have hair.  :P  Sorrry, but I don't collect molded hair ponies; I want to be able to play with their hair.  And I really don't like toys that are that tiny.  I'd rather have full-sized ponies in a variety of characters and molds/poses.

Scarlet you basically just listed my exact same reasons why I prefer the brushables!  :lol: Except for the not shopping at TRU or walmart part. X3 I like ponies with real brushable hair, are full sized and (hopefully in the future) have all kinds of poses and variety in characters.

The blind bag ponies are too tiny for me to enjoy. I gave the blind bag ponies a chance, they're cute and all but they're too tiny for me to fully enjoy. Nothing to do with them but move them around. Can't turn their heads, or even brush their manes!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 03:34:23 AM »

Yes!! This! :) 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal