collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Southeast Pony Meet! (Georgia, US)  (Read 20263 times)

LizbethDawn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Interest in a meet in Georgia, US
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2012, 12:34:54 PM »
I'm in Fort Benning I'd love love love to go! I've got a whole two friends here and neither are pony people lol. I'll need to know what we decide about offspring though. I've got a two year old who knows no quite well when it comes to ponies. She might holler PONYYYYYY! every once in a while though :D

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »
svleonard and LizbethDawn: We would love to have you guys at the meet! :D The more the merrier! LizbethDawn, it seems like the general agreement is that children are allowed, however I think I will limit the amount of children that can go. RSVPs will be held closer to the date :) If either of you have fun ideas for the meet don't hesitate to let me know! :D

I was wanting to know, how would the weekend of September 21st and 22nd work for everyone? If that one doesn't work the meet will be Saturday, Oct 6th :) I'm just trying to get a weekend that accommodates most of everyone's plans. Haha  :silly:
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Iris Patch

« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2012, 01:25:03 PM »
That weekend in September is fine with me, though it would mean I'd have less to sell. But I dunno how much I'll be able to get done even with the extra weekend, so don't change plans because of me.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2012, 02:53:08 PM »
Both weekends are fine with me.

What kinds of things go on at a pony meet?  I've never been to one.  How different is it from a convention or fair?

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2012, 04:41:39 PM »
Would anyone mind if part of the meet was filmed?  My friends have a facebook page called Retroblasting and they would like to make a video for Youtube about vintage ponies from the meet.  Maybe interview a few people?  One of them actually just found her childhood ponies and is very excited to come.

LizbethDawn

« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2012, 05:33:30 PM »
I don't mind, just remind me to put my face on lol

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2012, 05:38:52 PM »
Both weekends are fine with me.

What kinds of things go on at a pony meet?  I've never been to one.  How different is it from a convention or fair?

Well there really isn't much of a difference! Haha Other than the fact that they are much smaller scale :) Not to mention that makes it a lot easier to get to know people individually rather than getting lost in a crowd! :3 And we also bring food! CapnChan made some AMAZING food for us last year and lots of people brought in other snacks and goodies ^^ There are lots and lots of ponies for sale and/or trade, of course! :heart: It's so much fun! :3 I uploaded pictures I took from last years meet to the FB group. Although I think this year it looks like there's going to be a lot more people!  :biggrin:

LizbethDawn

« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2012, 06:47:25 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

After today I felt she was necessary. I call her Humidity.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2012, 07:34:55 PM »
pretty much any weekend is fine with me, I just need to know like 3 weeks in advance to take vacation time! :)
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

keikokukien

« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2012, 07:49:27 PM »
Both weekends work for me as far as I know. I just need to get a ride. Work and school would work well with any weekend days.

Filming and kids are cool. :)

After today I felt she was necessary. I call her Humidity.

She is AWESOME and totally fitting. I love her colors. XD

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2012, 10:16:40 PM »
 Ok uhh I'll be posting in segments, only on page 6 atm and a lot to catch up on! :p

@dewprincess: I twitch everytime you mention Jem, I never get a chance to get Jem items and I so look forward to see what you have for sale!

@Kcherry: what an excellent idea!  I request mandatory cosplaying, hehe jk, but yes! I'd love to do it because it'd be an excuse to finally wear my rainbow brite costume outside of the house for once! It's too close since the fair for me to whip up another pony costume and after cobbling the shoes for the costume contest..I am done making costumes for now :P

Also I am going nuts looking everywhere for the copy of the recipe I used for the cupcakes last year, no worries I know it by heart I think but I want to be sure, I used about 4-5 different recipes to put it together then went even further to substitute the rest of the ingredients with healthier counterparts. Did you know according to my calculations last year, each cupcake was only about 35 calories! I really wanted to make a blog about it and make it available to everyone but I became sidetracked. Either way, expect them again this year maybe even better!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:18:24 PM by CapnChan »
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2012, 10:59:54 PM »
i asked mom  and  she's willign to drive me up there yay! ^^  appanerlty were only..  6 or 7 hours away!  but i wont' know for sure until it gets closer to sept. but she said that she'd thinka bout it.

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2012, 11:19:05 PM »
(told you this was in segments, page by page :P only on 8 now, geez we are poopular)

@Ring wraith, please please please bring the MLP Tales DVD's! I've actually watched only about 13 episodes over the years but after the first episode I really enjoyed them, so much so my grails have been the UK Tales ponies for two years now. How would we do this? At MNN house or can we set up something in the clubhouse so we can watch them? Anyone else but me getting a hotel room? I live 4 hours away and last year it worked out well for me to get a room to relax in, if so we should aim to book it at the same hotel or I'd be at least willing to play the DVD's in my room nearby!

On the matter of children attending, my professional opinion is yes they should be allowed as it's practical for parents and  sale boosting. My personal opinion is; yes, yes of course they should be allowed! I have always deeply believed that at all costs little girls around the world should have access to MLP's of any generation. It's these types of event where they are able to experience and share their friendship and love for ponies in a public setting. Something I know for a fact...none of us ever had. I will be bringing many uncommon and even rare G1's along with super rare merch, I realize the "risk" of having children there can be worrisome but if it's any consolidation to other attendees, I am quick to speak up and make parents aware of their child's disruptive or damaging behavior, if need be. The sweet, little girls who attended last year were so grateful to be apart of it and loved the balloons I gave them, I am sure any other child belonging to a wonderful pony fan would be just as well behaved.

P.S. so the meet date is officially Oct the 6th? Works fine for me, just wondering, and same club house?

Post Merge: July 18, 2012, 11:43:43 PM

And Kcherry, you were at the fair this year??? I looked for you but I didn't see you once! How is that? Moop. Oh well, looking forward to seeing you all again and so many newcomers this year!

Any date works for me btw, as long as it's not August.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:43:43 PM by CapnChan »
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2012, 05:53:46 AM »

LizbethDawn: Oh my gosh I LOVE her! xD I might just have to put her on the name tag >3>

Eternia: We'll definitely have the date decided in time for you to get vacation time! :) No worries! The 21st is definitely looking like it might be the date  ^.^

CapnChan: Oh my gosh....35 calories?! How is that even possible?! Hahaha xD Those cupcakes need to be known worldwide! :silly: I can't wait to see all of the goodies you bring! :D If you have anymore tokidoki unicornos be sure to bring them!! :P I am going to be emailing the person in charge of the clubhouse rentals and see how much it would be to rent it from 11-8, that way it gives us enough time to set up and clean up afterwards :) Last year was so rushed! haha I felt so bad because you hardly had time to enjoy it since you drove such a long way :< And don't worry! The meet will not be in August for sure!

Alrighty! here is a list I've made of everyone who have confirmed they would be able to attend the Saturday the 21st of September:

apanda0622
Brightglowpony
Iris Patch
svleonard
Eternia
Vertefae
kCherry(?)
CapnChan
keikokukien

RSVPs will be held a month before the actual meet so we know how many people to provide food for, how many tables we're going to need, etc :) Note that it costs money to rent the clubhouse, so there will be a small fee each one of us will have to pay. I'm not sure how much it will be yet, but I will let you all know as soon as I find out! Everyone has to contribute a fee, children included. However there will be a discount for kids, and as I did last year, for those who contribute a lot to the meet such as prizes, food, or goodie bags will be excluded from the fee.  :biggrin: I will let you know beforehand!

Also as for watching MLP Tales, I would gladly offer that everyone could come to my house and watch it that would like to! I literally live across the street. Haha And we have a nice basement with couches and such  ^.^

Iris Patch

« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2012, 07:16:09 AM »
So exciiiited. :3c I didn't even think about cosplaying, omg don't inspire me to add to my already overflowing list of personal projects I want to get done before then! xD fffffffff

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal