collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tarnish to Treasure: Baby Moondancer Custom Restore Project  (Read 9459 times)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
Re: Tarnish to Treasure: Baby Moondancer Custom Restore Project
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 06:14:42 AM »
This thread gives me the warm fuzzies. I'm sure she would be so happy you didn't give up on her!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(Lol my captcha for uploading this was "labour of love") :)

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 06:44:09 AM »
That is amazing.  You did a fantastic job on the restoration!
HOW did you get all those awful cancer spots to go away, though?  I thought cancer was it for a pony, unless you did a FBR?

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 07:02:52 AM »
This thread gives me the warm fuzzies. I'm sure she would be so happy you didn't give up on her!

(Lol my captcha for uploading this was "labour of love") :)
:silly: lol Labour of love is what she really was XD

That is amazing.  You did a fantastic job on the restoration!
HOW did you get all those awful cancer spots to go away, though?  I thought cancer was it for a pony, unless you did a FBR?
Actually the cancer isn't gone but it is faded out as much as possible. She isn't FBR either :) I used a technique call peroxide fading (pretty much all I did was stick her in a bath of hydrogen peroxide in a clear container and stuck it in the sun with her in it for long periods of time. There has been some iffiness about using this with ponies but I'm willing to risk it :)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 07:07:06 AM »
Holy cow, she is stunning!

Wagnerwakka

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 07:41:09 AM »
A wonderful work! It's hard to find someone so determinated like you! This girl turned really beautiful and you touch for the hair is amazing! Thanks for sharing your work process with us! Congratulations!!!

inbetween

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »
Amazing!  I'm always so inspired by the amazing restorations that get posted here.  Maybe some day I'll try my hand at it too, but you have definitely set the bar!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 09:01:35 AM »
Actually the cancer isn't gone but it is faded out as much as possible. She isn't FBR either :) I used a technique call peroxide fading (pretty much all I did was stick her in a bath of hydrogen peroxide in a clear container and stuck it in the sun with her in it for long periods of time. There has been some iffiness about using this with ponies but I'm willing to risk it :)

When you did that, what did you do for her symbols and eyes?  Just tape them up or leave them?  I may break down and do that to my Majesty who needs to be whitened up, LOL

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 09:04:32 AM »
Wow that's amazing!

I have a couple of Gingerbreads who have varying degrees of cancer. Thinking about putting them in peroxide baths if we ever get any sun here *looks out window at torrential rain* I understand it wil probably take the 'twinkle' finish off their eyes but that's pretty much gone anyways. Did you leave her original hair in the peroxide too? If so did the peroxide have any effect on that?

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 09:22:50 AM »

When you did that, what did you do for her symbols and eyes?  Just tape them up or leave them?  I may break down and do that to my Majesty who needs to be whitened up, LOL
I didn't even cover the eyes or symbols. The Peroxide didn't seem to do anything to them at all, however, this might not be true for all ponies. I know over in the corral someone posted what happened to one of their ponies with I think the sugarberry color hair and peroxide. The hair color changed to a gold color, but they stated it was an older bottle. The only thing that happen to the hair on my pony was that it was course after words... however, it wasn't just the peroxide... I had cases of normal sunfading without peroxide where the hair got course anyway. So in short, what it did for Baby Moondancer may not do the same as far as not affecting the symbols and such on another pony. In fact, her DS symbol is only a little lighter because I tried Benzoyl Peroxide Cream (acne cream)on two spots on her bum. One of those spots was close to the symbol so it did lighten that up a little. And yes, Benzoyl Peroxide Cream works differently on certain ponies... so things can be a hit and miss :|

Wow that's amazing!

I have a couple of Gingerbreads who have varying degrees of cancer. Thinking about putting them in peroxide baths if we ever get any sun here *looks out window at torrential rain* I understand it wil probably take the 'twinkle' finish off their eyes but that's pretty much gone anyways. Did you leave her original hair in the peroxide too? If so did the peroxide have any effect on that?
I did leave her original hair in the peroxide too. It didn't affect the color at all but the hair was courser... however, as I stated above I think it was the normal sunfading that did it. I tend to not cover anything when I do basic sunfading so various things my happen. Most of my ponies who went through normal sunfading hair their original hair go courser... I think the only exception was a Majesty, who I think I actually tried to cover her hair up.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »
she turned out so amazing, i love the thermal hair :D

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »
wow! she looks 1000x better now! I love the darker pink hair on her, and I like how it turns to white! That is a truly amazing resoration!
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 01:12:01 PM »
Wow, she is truly a stunning restore! Congratulations, I love her new hair too :D

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »
she looks amazing! i love the thermal hair ^_^ awesome job!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »
I might make an adult custom with thermal hair if I can get the right colors XD or Find Adult Moondancer to restore XD Maybe a baby Glory.. but there isn't very many thermal hair colors D:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 02:17:27 PM »
Thankyou for the clarification :) You've inspired me to be brave and try it with one of my Gingerbreads, when we get some sun!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal