collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Postcard Swap - DONE! *phew!*  (Read 11658 times)

Offline ristvak

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Postcard Swap - Sign Ups OPEN!
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 07:19:49 AM »
Yes that's all fine tulagirl. =)
I would say shoot for "local" if you can (like the San Jacinto monument, even though it's not really anywhere near us lol) but if all you can find is a general Texas, longhorn, armadillo, etc type card that's fine.
Most people signing up are after physical only or don't care about comical vs. physical so if all you're able to find is physical that's fine.

Participants list has been updated!
If you haven't received feedback from me, give me a nudge!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 10:34:45 AM »
Yea okay, I have scouted out places and so far it was a bust for Hobby Lobby...no post cards.  Walmart only had state post cards and honestly they really were not all that great.  Hotel lobby gift shops (large hotels) are good!!  The mall is a good place too.  Walgreens and dollar stores was a bust...nothing there. Nothing at the grocery store either.  I was surprised really. I never look for post cards and one would think all of the places would have them...shocking which ones didn't.  Now I know where to get them.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:37:01 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ristvak

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 11:14:25 AM »
Yeah it seems they can be hit or miss. One walmart near me didn't have them at all and another did @_@
If you're still having any trouble there used to be a Texas store in Willowbrook mall (not sure if it's still around though, been forever since I've been there!) but that might be a bit of a drive for you...

Also I've added pictures of what I mean when I say comical vs physical postcards =)

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 12:21:50 PM »
Naa I found them, took some looking as they were not where I thought they would be. I am good. Never found any comical though so thats not going to be one I can find easily in my area.  So all of mine will be landscape.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 07:23:01 PM »
Oh, I never have problems finding postcards :D Iceland is a complete tourism central ^^ Would it be lame for peeps to maybe say what they like particularly much and what they might be inclined to want on postcards?
Just wondering, you know, if someone particularly likes volcanoes, or glaciers, or horses and such ^^ But maybe your idea is for most of this to be kind of a surprise? :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 07:51:33 PM »
Oh, I never have problems finding postcards :D Iceland is a complete tourism central ^^ Would it be lame for peeps to maybe say what they like particularly much and what they might be inclined to want on postcards?
Just wondering, you know, if someone particularly likes volcanoes, or glaciers, or horses and such ^^ But maybe your idea is for most of this to be kind of a surprise? :)
I am not sure thats the do-able idea :) ...only because not all of us have sights in our area that people may want a post card of.  Like say someone says they want snow capped mountains..well us here in Texas USA will never be able to produce a PC of snow capped mountains. (That I know of)  Or say someone says they want ocean view beaches...well people in the midwest USA are not going to be able to find a PC of those.  If we leave it open it will be so much better for everyone who needs to find post cards.  If it gets too detailed its going to be really hard for some. Its so much more personal to find cards that represent my area and what I love here and what I see...and share that with all you pony peeps.  I mean Houston is neat and all but its flat and is a huge metropolitan city..a concrete jungle...  In fact thats what we all do when we buy PC's for family back home...we share what we see in the area we are in.  Its a fun thought, and no its not a lame idea...but maybe too hard to meet the detailed requests for many shoppers due to location alone.  I am so looking forward to your PC though.  I have a friend that lived in Iceland for a while and she brought back some beautiful coats.  Wow...what a neat place to live.   ;) I bet its really cold there most of the time huh? Do you have a warm time of year at all? If so what is warm in iceland? Its like 85F here right now. Oh how I dislike summer.  Can't  you see Northern Lights there were you live? Oh wow how I would love to see that in person.  I have never seen a volcano either. I don't think we have them here in Texas anywhere... :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:19:01 PM by tulagirl »

Offline Vintergatan

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »
You are absolutely right tula :) i guess I had in mind a bit more generalised things like, do you prefer buildings, animals, landscapes, but ultimately I agree that it's best to just let each person choose what they want to send :) makes it more personal :D

I´m also really looking forward to everyone's PCs :D From what I could gather, most people that signed up are from countries I haven't been to which makes it extra exciting ^^

As for Iceland, yeah, it's cold as one can imagine. Winters are not harsh though (the golf stream keeps it balanced) but the cold weather lasts sooo long :S Today it was 9 degrees Celsius, and that's as warm as it got since last Fall. Summers are really nice though :D It gets around 20 degrees C, but the sun can be really strong so it might seem warmer. I really can't stand summers in anything that's more south than Scandinavia, so I love Icelandic summers :) so yeah, I *completely* understand you there. Also, yup, we can see northern lights :D not too often as the sky is cloudy most of the time, but still, good enough for me :D
Hehe, we should totally hold a pony meet here, so people would have an excuse to come and visit :P
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 09:11:36 PM »
Oh wow yea that would be the pony meet of the decade for sure!! LOL

Offline ristvak

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2012, 05:47:41 AM »

Because there are so many different locations among the participants I think it's best to just keep it a general question of "Do you prefer animals, skylines, monuments, landscapes, etc.?" or "Do you prefer funny jokes based on a location?"
From there it's up to the sender to decide which particular postcard to send out =)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2012, 07:30:17 AM »
I was just wondering if someone could add the "swap" icon to this thread? ^^ makes it a lot easier to spot when looking threw the other posts, also it may entice more people to look at this thread :p
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline ristvak

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »
There's a swap icon? *edits her post* oh would you look at that! I've changed, thanks for mentioning that.

Although that completely undid all of my formatting *facedesks repeatedly and goes to add it back in for the third time*

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2012, 06:37:26 AM »
it did?! D: i didnt think that would happen T.T
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline ristvak

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2012, 09:44:42 AM »
Yeah if I use the 'quick modify' button towards the bottom of the post I can edit the content but not the icon or the title. If I use the modify button at the top that brings it up on a new page it /looks/ like all the formatting is still there, but once I hit submit everything but the font colors went away. *growls*

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2012, 05:26:47 PM »
I'm so excited to hunt down these postcards! I LOVE getting snailmail.

I was enjoying reading your Q&A about Iceland. I've never been there but from learning about it I have a rule I remember: Iceland is green and Greenland is ice.

Tula, I'll send you a postcard with one of our volcanoes on it ;) We've got one a half-hour's drive away here and on clear days I can see Mt. St. Helens from our city. What's really funny is how people pay money for a view of the volcano. How silly is that?

Offline Vintergatan

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2012, 07:30:50 PM »

I was enjoying reading your Q&A about Iceland. I've never been there but from learning about it I have a rule I remember: Iceland is green and Greenland is ice.

Haha so true :D Apparently (totally not sure if this is true though) when the vikings discovered Greenland they decided not to make the same mistake as with Iceland (that didn't attract settlers because of its name) and gave it a more appealing name :P

BTW another piece of trivia but Mt. St. Helens is one of the best studied cases of secondary succession in ecology :nerd: so I think it´s pretty awesome you live close to it :D
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal