collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Postcard Swap - DONE! *phew!*  (Read 11747 times)

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
Re: Postcard Swap - Interested?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »
It says it's 68p for a postcard.. Hmm, I'll keep an eye on the thread and see how many sign up.
Fight like a girl..

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 03:37:22 PM »
This sounds like loads of fun.  I think as long as we only have to send 10  or less it will work...what happens if the person doesn't get the post card for whatever reason? Do we write on the post card or send it blank? Who gets the swap feedback when the swap is over? All the people that sent us a post card??? LOL lots of questions sorry.  So much fun though.  I figure people can expect to spend at least 23.00 on this because you have to buy the post cards and the postage...and wouldn't it vary in cost per country?

I am totally intersted in joining...as I love mail.  I just hope this doesn't turn out to be like my pen pal thing here on the arena- where I wrote but never got a letter in return from either person. :cry:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:41:43 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ristvak

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 04:10:52 PM »
Great questions, I answered all of these in the yet-to-be-posted-super-long-informative-post I told Diamond about but I'll go ahead and type it now so you guys can see before sign ups <3

"I think as long as we only have to send 10  or less it will work..."
I'm planning on keeping groups to 7 - 10 people, but if only like 13 sign up then I'm not going to split them into groups. So worst case scenario you'd have to ship to 12 people.

"what happens if the person doesn't get the post card for whatever reason?"
I'll do make up postcards if anything goes missing. I heard that international postcards may take for-freaking-ever, so that may just have to be a bridge we cross when we come to it. lol

"Do we write on the post card or send it blank?"
Write something of course! It can be anything, favorite pony, a funny quote you like, what the weather is like that day, whatever. You'd just have to remember to sign it (either with your first and last name or your username)

"Who gets the swap feedback when the swap is over? All the people that sent us a post card???"
I will leave swap feedback for everyone after all cards are sent and received. No one else will leave feedback for anyone. (It'd kind of be cheating to get 10 positive feedbacks for one little ol' postcard swap now wouldn't it? lol)

"I figure people can expect to spend at least 23.00 on this because you have to buy the post cards and the postage..."
It depends on where you get your postcards. Walmart supercenters (around me at least) tend to have a souveneir section up front and they're pretty cheap.

"and wouldn't it vary in cost per country?"
I ran a couple different countries though the online postage calculator and US to wherever seems to be $1.05 regardless (for stuff that small the price doesn't usually vary all that much).
Yes from UK to US it would be a different price, and Germany to Australia, etc, etc. But think of it kind of like a trade where the cost of shipping is just expected on your end. I hope it won't be DRASTICALLY different for international people to send to the US but I honestly don't know. (If any non-USers would like to chime in on this front feel free...)

I would personally like to get international postcards so wouldn't mind sending internationally. If there was any non-US that DIDN'T want to send internationally... I might be able to work that out. It would depend on who ends up signing up. If there's a lot of UKers spread out nicely (because no one from London wants a London postcard) that don't want to ship outside of the UK then I could group them together, but I couldn't really do that if say Vintergatan didn't want to send internationally (since she's one of what, 3 Icelandic people on this board? And it'd be a long shot for all three of them to sign up in the first place lol)

And don't worry, when/if I break people into mailing groups I'll do my best to have a decent mix of locations. So everyone will likely have to deal with international mailing, but it won't be you sending ONLY internationally.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:12:53 PM by ristvak »
If you haven't received feedback from me, give me a nudge!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 05:16:31 PM »
Oh goodness I hadn't thought about that...cheating with 10 feedbacks..thought never occurred to me at all but boy that makes sense lol.  Thank you for answering all of those. It looks like you have really thought this out well.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 05:24:59 PM »
haha, don't worry, of course i want to send internationally :D that's the point, right :)
Depending on when this happens I might be able to include something extra (nothing big!) ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline ristvak

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 07:14:14 PM »
I did promise that it all made sense in my head! lol

Vintergatan I'm probably going to open up sign-ups tomorrow morning and close them on the 5th, then you'll have until June 2nd to ship. (And I'm only giving that much time in case there's a real problem for anyone finding postcards to buy in the first place and then there's a US holiday at the end of May)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Postcard Swap - Sign Ups OPEN!
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 03:34:39 PM »
alrighty! i sent you a PM. Now for all of you that want postcards from Iceland - hurry up and sign up! :frolic:
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 05:12:56 PM »
I'm so in! :D I love getting post cards. i always save the ones I get in ither swapps too, cheers me up when I feel lonely. Then I watch them and this "Well, at least I have friends all over the world!"
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline ristvak

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »
When I did my little private swap with a friend I had intended on putting them all in a photo album at the end. Maybe this swap will finally motivate me into getting that done lol!

Offline nuttertasha

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 02:37:31 AM »
im in just sent in my details hehe this is going to be sooo much fun
Formally butterfly gypsie rose

Offline ristvak

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 07:48:50 AM »
Bumping up =) Sign ups open through Saturday!

Offline nuttertasha

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 07:54:34 AM »
im looking forward to this hehe i love getting post cards
Formally butterfly gypsie rose

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 11:04:23 AM »
ok im in o___o this is an awesome idea and i LOVE postcards ^^ filling out app now!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »
I am SO in!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 03:44:48 PM »
I have sent my form in...but I have a question..is it okay to get post cards of our State? rather than city?  Sometimes I have a hard time finding lots of post cards for my city...but the state of Texas is an easier thing to find.  Hope thats okay....I would like to get a different post card for each person.  Also, I rarely see these post cards with humor in my area at all. Only location..so is it okay if we purchase only location in the event we can't find humor? 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:19:33 PM by tulagirl »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal