collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Everfree Northwest Official Announcement Thread  (Read 6315 times)

EverfreeNorthwest

• Trade Count: (0)
Everfree Northwest Official Announcement Thread
« on: April 20, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »

Everfree Northwest 2012 is a convention for fans of 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic' of all ages in Seattle, WA at the SeaTac Holiday Inn on August 17-19th, 2012. And we want YOU to design the cover for Everfree Northwest's convention book! We're announcing an official contest to give you just that chance with REAL compensation!

Starting right now, we're accepting submissions of art for a wrap around, one-piece cover at at 17" by 11 & 1/2". Since we're Seattle based, we want the cover to display the theme of "Ponies in Seattle". In addition, since we're a Convention, it goes without saying that we want our logo (linked below) to be incorporated as well. Other than that, feel free to be creative! And YES, Official Characters are allowed to be included! (So. Awesome.) 

If you wish to submit an image, please email your file (in JPG or PNG format) to [email protected] with CON BOOK and your name in the Subject Line.

Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM, Pacific Standard Time (PST) on June 30th, 2012.

After this date, a judging committee will narrow the submissions down to ten (10) entries, and then our attendees will vote for their favorite on our forums. The winning picture will not only be on our convention book's cover, but will earn its creator a gift certificate to WeLoveFine.com. The entry with the second most votes will also win a WeLoveFine.com gift certificate. 

For all the details (or to get all the guidelines in one place), check out the official rules below!

Official Rules:

1) All artwork must be drawn by the artist submitting the piece, and it must be original fan art.

2) The artist, upon submission, is giving the convention Everfree Northwest permission to use the artwork, if chosen, for the cover of their convention book or for any other promotional use they choose.

3) All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM, Pacific Standard Time (PST) June 30th, 2012. Any submissions after this date are invalid and ineligible to take part in this contest.

4) All winners will be notified and announced publicly by July 31st, 2012.

5) If the voted winning image is unable to be used for any reason, the next highest voted image will be used instead.

6) Submissions are to be emailed to [email protected], in JPG or PNG format, with CON BOOK and your name in the email Subject Line.

7) The dimensions of the submitted image must 17" by 11 & 1/2", formatted for the front and back of a one piece book cover. The image must be between 300-600 DPI. All submissions must follow the theme of "Ponies in Seattle" and must include the logo linked below in some form.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

8) A submission MAY include Official Characters of the MLP franchise.

9) As a family friendly convention, we will not be accepting any submissions using elements that would be above a PG rating.

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
Re: Everfree Northwest Official Convention Book Cover Contest!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 08:03:33 PM »
Good luck with your contest!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 08:20:02 PM »
ooo that sounds fun!  : D

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
Sounds like fun!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 05:31:41 AM »
Wow sounds cool! Have fun!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

EverfreeNorthwest

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 02:39:33 PM »
It should be fun! If you know anyone with drawing talent, you should tell the about this contest!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 03:04:11 PM »
I'm totally working on my entry.  C:

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

EverfreeNorthwest

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 03:10:23 PM »
Excellent! I wish you the best of luck... And may the best pet... Er, Artist win!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 03:11:42 PM »
Haha thanks!  Will there be a gallery of all the entries?

EverfreeNorthwest

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 04:19:42 PM »
Yeah, we'll be posting a gallery of all safe-for-work entries. Those that do not follow the rules will be ignored, not rewarded with attention.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 04:25:55 PM »
Safe-for-work lol

EverfreeNorthwest

Everfree NorthWest Proudly Welcomes Lee Tockar as a Guest!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 11:17:04 AM »

Everfree Northwest is proud to present our first featured guest from the Friendship is Magic voice cast: Lee Tockar! Lee plays the eager, but naive young unicorn, Snips, who's rarely seen without his equally dim (though no less lovable) companion, Snails. However, among fans Lee's  most iconic role is undoubtedly as the Sorrowful Sea Serpent from the series premiere, dubbed "Stephen Magnet" by the fan community.

Lee is certainly no stranger to lending his voice to your favorite characters. You may remember him from the English dubs of such popular anime as Dragonball Z and Deathnote, or from his roles on Ed, Edd, n Eddy and Beastwars. Lee is also the 2008 recipient of the Electronic Animation Award for Best Male Voice-Over Artist.

We're tremendously excited to welcome Mr. Tockar to our guest lineup. More information on this talented individual can be found here: http://www.leetockar.com/

Don't think that's all we have hidden up here in the northwest. There will be more announcements for you in the coming DAYS (Including some fantastic G1 news), so stay tuned!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Everfree NorthWest Proudly Welcomes Lee Tockar as a Guest!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 12:30:42 PM »
Very cool guest!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Everfree NorthWest Proudly Welcomes Lee Tockar as a Guest!
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 01:29:55 PM »
Thats great that you are having some exciting guests for your event.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

EverfreeNorthwest

Everfree NorthWest Proudly Welcomes Cathy Weseluck as a Guest!
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 07:42:10 PM »

Everfree Northwest happily welcomes none other than Cathy Weseluck to the Emerald City! We're pleased to announce that Cathy will be joining us for the entire weekend and helping us celebrate the pony fun.  As you all know, Cathy gives voice to the plucky young dragon, Spike. In addition to our favorite purple reptile, she also voices the Ponyville's very own Mayor Mare.

Friendship is Magic isn't her first foray into the magical world of ponies, as Cathy played Rarity in her previous, G3 incarnation in The Runaway Rainbow. She also served as the singing director for My Little Pony Tales. But her vocal talents are far from limited to My Little Pony, as you'll surely recognize her from dubs of your favorite anime, such as Ranma 1/2, Death Note, Dragon Ball Z, and InuYasha!

So come on up to the great, green Northwest and reserve your badge now for a chance to meet and greet the voice behind the dragon. And stay tuned to your favorite pony news sites for more announcements in the coming DAYS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal