collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is the Current MH Wave Compatible with CAM Packs?  (Read 781 times)

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Is the Current MH Wave Compatible with CAM Packs?
« on: April 20, 2012, 04:05:59 PM »
My boyfrind undressed his Rochelle yesterday & noticed her legs are ball-joint, not rubber banded like the earlier monsters legs are.

Rochelle is also a much higher quality plastic. Think 80's barbie/ken doll arms. Skull Shores Frankie is made of the light, cheap, plastic & has banded legs. She's the only SS I have.

I was wondering if anyone with another SS and folks with unboxed Tory & Meowlody/Purrsephone's could confirm the type of plastic and leg joints they have.

Is this newer wave with Rocky, Venus, Robecca, and Jackson compatible with the create a monster sets now that they feature ball joint legs?

Rochelle's feet are also smaller than Wave 1 & DOTD. Are the rest of the girls from her wave made with smaller feet, too?

I was thinking (and hoping I'm wrong) that they made Rochelle out of heavier, higher quality plastic becuz she's a gargoyle. Can anyone say whether or not there is noted improvement in quality (plastic is less slick & legs are ball joints, not bands) in any of the other dolls from the current wave? Venus, Robecca, Jackson?

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Current MH Wave Compatible with CAM Packs?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »
man that would be waaay cool if they were compatable... sorry no help... i have the skele expansion set, b&w frankie and skull shores? frankie... :/ 
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »
Toralei was the first doll to have the plastic swivel joints and since then I've noticed it in all of the newer characters being released so far (Nefera, Purrsephone, Meowlody, Operetta, etc.). I'm unsure if any of the characters that existed before the switch have been manufactured this way with their current releases, but if they're still elastic then Mattel may be looking to use parts that were already produced in reserve before making the swap.

The legs can't be popped off in the same manner as the CAM's, so they wouldn't be compatible. From what I've heard, the forearm and wrist pegs are also incompatible with the standard dolls without some kind of modification. It's unfortunate, I would have liked to have picked up the skeleton for the parts alone. :)

I haven't noticed Rochelle's feet being smaller than my other dolls. I'm curious now though, would you happen to have a side by side pic?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:05:57 AM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »
I don't think I'd be able to capture it. I think it's just more rounded on Rochelle's ball & less wide. The obvious differ in the mold is the larger & different font used for Rochelle's "R4" & "L3". The mold for SS Frankie is marked 2008, the same as the original Frankie.

I got the Werecat Twins & Torelei for my birthday yesterday (long wait for the party, lol) & from what I can tell the nicer Rochelle plastic was not used on them. We should rush Mattel with letters saying how these dolls would be worth what they're charging to get new face paints, hairstyles, outfits & hand poses *if* all dolls were made with the same plastic as Rochelle. It's practically seamless, weighty, and feels good. Maybe my first thought was right: that it had to be that material type to get the speckle effect.

I hope I'm wrong. And this will become the new norm for all original sculpts, like Robecca for her metal detail and finish.

No compatible eh? I noticed (when I had to take the twins hands off to remove them from the box) that that peg has a ball joint & more straight peg extendign beyond the ball.

How are the CAM joints/pegs diff from the other dolls?

Does anyone have pics of how the pegs have evolved? Original DL's hand fell off in the box(which is why I opened her) & I broke MY painted finger-nail trying to get SS Frankie's hand back on...which I never did manage to do: my bf had to do it for me.

I've noticed that the arm pegs of newer dolls are more loose, but the actual joint is tighter: so good, cuz the limp, pivot, elbow is more easily fixed than the limp joint.

Is there a tutorial for using cam parts with regular dolls you culd point me to, Oh, great & wise Mandy85 ??? My boi wants to use his SSFrankie with his skele girl add-on. We, thus far hate the CAM, packs, and I hear they've already been tweaked & improved. Ghost girl is so me it hurts in a rhully good way, so patience pays off.

Offline hlbmlp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 08:06:27 PM »
heehee!!!  after originally reading this tread i searched till found some of the thingS!!!

here's how to use cam parts on a normal doll:
http://paintedplasticsmiles.blogspot.com/2012/01/tutorial-mh03-putting-kit-parts-on.html

this shows the different arm joints and such:
http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/forum/topics/cam-warning-mini-review

edit: I forgot a word! >_<
My Etsy . My Blog

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 12:42:17 AM »
hlbmlp :happy: That's so sweet of you to share~thanx you :lovey:

Offline hlbmlp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 07:46:04 AM »
sure!!! took me a long time to find, so i figured it would help others! ^_^ that and i like sharing cool stuff like this.  you never know who will find it and what they will do! :3
My Etsy . My Blog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal