collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: boo hoo my favorite manga ended... anyone else follow it? (Bakuman)  (Read 699 times)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Well actually it wasn't my *favorite* favorite but more like it was always there. A slow pace manga but with interesting characters and nice twists in the plot. Whenever I was bored I checked it out and there was a new chapter. It went on for almost four years... The way the plot went it was obvious it was near the end but I don't think anyone expected it this soon. After all these years of following it I know the main characters so well it feels like I lost an old friend.  :( ^.^

Did anyone here follow it?

For those who don't know it, it was made by the same people who made Death Note. After DN ended this is pretty much what they have been doing... Can't wait to see what they will come up with next!
-

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: boo hoo my favorite manga ended... anyone else follow it? (Bakuman)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:02:49 AM »
No but I have friends that did.  They were pretty upset
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:11:24 AM »
Wait...Whhaaat?! It has ended. Darn ..... I have not read the latest chapter jet. But ... no D:

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 02:34:12 PM »
Yes it ended so abruptly didn't it  :lookround: even though you knew it was about to happen.
I liked the end, it was just like I wanted it. But there were some things in the plot I feel they just left off:

Spoiler
Nakai was a quite important character throughout the series so they should have done at least someting about him before ending.
 Also the rivalry between editors was left off completely.
 And to leave out Nizuma Eiji completely although he was the most popular character...!  :shocked:

People are already talking about favorite parts and memorable moments and such.

I think what I liked the best was the plotting and hardships in the beginning of the series, and also how they changed Hiramaru into a funny character  ^.^

Some moments I remember: Aoki holding out the umbrella over Nakai. Nakai returning from his hometown, even fatter than before. Nakai and Hiramaru getting drunk and ending up working together.

If i was to pick an overall fav character I'd say Hiramaru.  :lol:
Although had these people been real, irl, Moritaka is probably the guy I would have liked.
-

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 02:37:39 PM »
Not the biggest manga fan, but I know how much it stinks when a favorite book series ends.  It's like "what'll I do now?"

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 03:28:44 PM »
I haven't heard of that one. Sorry it ending has upset you though.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 10:24:44 PM »
Yeah, you saw it comming ut I thought there were going to be atleast one more chapter to wrap it up. As you saw: there were sooo much that went unsad. I thought it was going to be a wedding chapter 'cus than all the carecters would be there.

I never really liked Nakai... he was sooo anoying x) but indeed Hiramaru was a great charecter, especilly when he was slaking of xD

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 01:09:41 PM »
Is the anime pretty close to the manga? I have it on my computer, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I don't read a lot of manga because it's too expensive, so I tend to stick with my favorites, which are Paradise Kiss, NANA, Kimi ni Todoke & Vampire Knight.

My absolute favorite manga ever, NANA has been on hiatus for several years and in a lot of ways that's worse than ending because it may never get any ending at all. There's no closure at all. I keep hoping there will be a new chapter, but so far, there hasn't been anything.

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 03:48:59 AM »
Yes, the anime is very close to the manga, at least the first few episodes. I got bored and stopped watching after 4-5? episodes or so. Because it was pretty much like the manga so I knew what people were going to say right before they said it and so on.

Yeah, Nakai was awful..! He is the one character, from all manga and anime I have enjoyed, I will remember as really disgusting! But that is what made it interesting. ;) I loved how the other bakuman characters had to handle it, being his friend out of loyalty, and at the same time being disgusted with him.

Hiramaru slacking off and being pushed by his editor, those were the funniest parts :lol: I'd love to see more of Hiramaru. I wish they would make a spin-off series with him as the main character..!

-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal