collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build a bear cleaning  (Read 512 times)

Nein

• Trade Count: (0)
Build a bear cleaning
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »
Okay so I know a lot of you restore ponies, but what about plush animals? I got a build a bear candy corn teddy for my bday awhile ago and I made the mistake of getting a dark colored hoodie for it out of the baby section of walmart, it has now discolored the white areas on my bear and they look light grey now, I tossed it in a washer in a pillow case on a delicate cycle and air dryed but it only lightened it a bit. any sugestions to brighten the white on it like it once was? How safe would color safe bleach be?
heres a stock image of what it looks like (not my pic) http://www.buildabear.com/ProductImages/BABW_US/XL/16351x.jpg

also the fur has become a little matted, i have brushed it with a fine toothed cat brush but it dont look the same and quickly becomes matted looking again.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Build a bear cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »
What about a little Oxy Clean? You know its tough to get rid of dye transfer really...so don't be too disappointed if you can't get it back perfect.  If you put these in a dryer it has to be low heat otherwise their fur will burn in the drying cycle..same with hot water.  Its cheap fur that we spend oooodles on in the stores...blaaa ya know.  Thats a cute cute bear.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:14:58 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Build a bear cleaning
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 03:19:29 PM »
Yeah I'd try the oxy-clean. That might help a bit I think.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal