collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Collection Contemplation  (Read 753 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Collection Contemplation
« on: April 16, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
Sigh...Well I grew up with G1 Ponies. I had so many growing up but my mom talked me into putting them in a box in an attic....15 years later I find out that something got in the box and my mom threw it out:( Yes I cry a little too... So now I am in the work in getting back my collection...I know this sounds like a whats your problem but it is not.

So in searching for ponies I have run along G2, G3, G3.5 and G4. Well G1 and G4 holds a place in my heart for many reasons. But I am not so sure about my G2, G3, and G3.5. So I was wondering what I should do. Should I start selling/trading my other collections to gain more of my G1 and G4....or hold on to them?

Have you ever regret selling collections? Do you feel that the arena just makes you want to collect them all? hehehehe...I feel that sometimes:)

I am in a mood that I want G1's SOOOOO BAD but can not afford to buy any:( I am not sure I really want these ponies....sigh I mean they are not too hard to get back...I just want thoughts or if you have gone through this.

Thanks for your ideas:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
Re: Collection Contemplation
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 12:07:49 AM »
If they are pretty easy to come by, I personally would sell/trade the ones I was not so fond off to get ones I did want.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 01:36:46 AM »
I used to be "SHOW ME THE PONIES"....but after a little while of that you do start to refine your collection a little...I think if your love is G1 and G4 then there is no harm in selling or trading away the middle gens which you are not quite as in love with at the moment.

Over the years if I sold a G1 it was because I had multiple of the same pony. I have however sold a lot of my nirvanas over the years and I thought I would have more sellers regret over them than I do - in all honesty I miss one of them, just my Baby Minty :(

My only warning would be to keep your favourites and seriously think about it before you start selling/trading...you dont want to do it on a whim and then change your mind in a few months.

Whichever way you go good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 05:20:16 AM »
I actually understand how you feel really well. I collect G1, G2 and G3 and I really love them. however, I stumbled onto a baby G2 a while back and she just didn't do it for me. i kept her for a while because I had the "gotta have them all" mentality but in the end just decided to put her on my trade list. I traded her for some G1s and she landed in a great home where she was loved and appreciated. I´m really happy I did it now - there's really no point in forcing yourself to like something you don't when it comes to ponies :) just trade them for the ones you´re sure about :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal