collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Arts!  (Read 494 times)

SnowsLove

• Trade Count: (0)
New Arts!
« on: April 16, 2012, 01:24:19 PM »
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to upload some images, but unfortunately I'll have to link you to my DA.  The last time I tried to 'photobucket' thing the pics came up WAAAY to small, so I don't think I'll do that again.

Just not that computer savy.  :(

Anyway, one of the reasons I wanted to post here is because someone from here commissioned me and her image is all ready.  I wanted her to see it, so I can find out if she likes it or not.  Sooo....! Here's the first image, a wintery pic of the OC characters, Candy Gloss and Burning Heart.

www.equigoyle.deviantart.com/d4vvlgr

The above link may also end with the d4vvlgr but I couldn't tell.  I SOOO need new glasses.

The next one was just for fun.  It's my take on 'Big Daddy Applejack'.  There's been a lot of renditions of a male version of Applejack, and frankly I've always thought of Applejack as a boy and not a girl, but I have to admit I've fallen for the FIM version of Applejack.  Too cute, so I did it this way.  I have seen different versions by different artists depicting something similar, but this is in no way an infringement on their idea or art.  We just quite literally happen to be thinking along the same lines.

www.equigoyle.deviantart.com/#/d4vvmho

The last one is was REALLY fun for me to do.  It was inspired by Shinepaw who'd drawn up an image of one of my oc's as a commission.  He's one of my own personal faves sooo.... I thought, why not?

Also, it has my take on Gusty, a G1 unicorn.  I've always thought that Gusty should have been cast as a stallion, y'know?  Too many mares and not enough stallions.  Never made sense to me, even as a young thing. So here, in this image, I have him dueling against my character Dream Catcher who is drawn as a MLP.  I had this whole story in mind too while doodling it.  Gusty is a young rising dueling star, one who could possibly be a champion, but he's impatient and quick tongued, right?  Somewhat cynical, kind of like the Gusty I remember.  Still kind hearted and such but .... yeah....

Anyway, Dreamcatcher is an old pro and won't take any crack from this young upstart.  He's THE ruling champion for a reason.  Not only is he a healer of dreams but he is a warrior, experienced and true.  It'll take a lot for Gusty to defeat him, but maybe a little humility is good for ponies like that, eh?

Anyway, I didn't want a huge background when I did it so I just had them dueling in a storm.  May not be the best time to organize a duel, so maybe the storm just kind of crept up on them while in the middle of it?  And they wouldn't stop?

Well, whatever the reason, THIS is the end result.  I hope y'all like it! 

www.equigoyle.deviantart.com/#/d4vvn24

On a last note, I'm really hoping the links work.  I tried copy and pasting them, but THAT wouldn't work.  So I had to type them all in.  Sucks.  :P

Still... I'll try again if they don't work.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:26:55 PM by SnowsLove »

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New Arts!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 06:49:18 PM »
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Lina

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 12:08:22 AM »
ooohh they're beautiful... OMG, did i never answer your PM? i'm so sorry >_< i must have missed that, i guess i found it on my phone and when i was at home, i was pretty sure i answered... i LOVE the picture. :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~

Styx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 07:28:34 PM »
Really love your work.  Great stuff.  I left you a pile of comments on DA.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 09:13:03 PM »
Oh wow, those are really cool!  I love the dynamic poses and shading that you used  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal