collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Sprinkles hair question  (Read 800 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
G1 Sprinkles hair question
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:19:49 PM »
Hello

I am considering selling my G1 Sprinkles, and I have a question about her hair before I start writing up a description of her. Was her hair dead straight, or did it have have some movement to it, like many of the 'uncurly' hair G1's? (you know how the mane often has a slight curve to the end, as does the tail)...

My Sprinkles has dead straight hair, and I don't know if this is original, or has been straightened. It is silky as, though, so I wonder if it's original (you know how straightened hair can sometimes seem dry, as it was often frizzy beforehand?)

I know there was a mail order version, so could there be a difference there? Truth be told, I don't know what my one is; she has a typical head/body colour mismatch (her only flaw - argh!) so hard to tell.

I like to be as detailed as possible in my sales descriptions (I HATE it when people leave info out) so would be nice to know if I am selling her with/without straightened hair!  :lol:

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: G1 Sprinkles hair question
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:44:09 PM »
All of mine have that slight curve to their manes, so maybe that's how it's supposed to be?  You can easily copy it by washing her hair, wrapping it around her neck while it's still wet, securing it there, and letting it dry.

And mail order Sprinkles, I've been told, is pink, like Firefly (I read she often gets overlooked as a Firefly, since she's the same hair/body color.)  So if yours is more of a light pinky-lavender color, then she's most likely a normal release that came with the waterfall.  And all of mine have that pesky head mismatch, except for one, who'd be perfect, if she didn't have that obvious cancer spot on her face T.T

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 01:23:47 AM »
The MO is Firefly pink, so if yours is any shade of purple she is the regular store purchased playset question

I have only ever seen her MIP a couple of times...her hair isnt completely straight although it certainly isnt curly - and in many ways if you were to describe it you would perhaps say there was one soft wave to curl it under her chin but thats pretty much it.     
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:21:10 PM »
Thank you, both  :)  Looks like mine's definitely the playset version (non mail order). And I'm now thinking too, that for whatever reason, her hair must have been straightened. Her mane is really similar to what you'd find on TE Whizzer. Her tail does seem to have the slightest curve at the end, but it's either been straightened, or totally brushed out!

Thank you again for your replies!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 02:26:33 PM »
I'm sure you can get her hair looking factory again, just wash and condition the hair, then comb it round the neck under the chin and then wrap a length of folded tissue all the way round and secure with a bit of tape.

Leave the pony upside down for a day or two after washing anyway so to be sure all the excess water has come out.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 02:29:20 PM »
Thank you, both  :)  Looks like mine's definitely the playset version (non mail order). And I'm now thinking too, that for whatever reason, her hair must have been straightened. Her mane is really similar to what you'd find on TE Whizzer. Her tail does seem to have the slightest curve at the end, but it's either been straightened, or totally brushed out!

Thank you again for your replies!

It could have just been "over brushed"!!! I did this to a couple of dolls as a little girl...the need to brush and brush and brush left a couple of Sindys with straight hair you can seen them change in pictures from when I got then on a birthday to a year or so later...[mind you that was before the "great Sindy doll massacre of 1988...Airedale Terrier puppies and plastic dolls = not good]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »
OMG Cat, you made me laugh so hard just then! Though I'm sure the massacre at the time probably WASN'T very funny!!

Thanks again for your replies  :)  I'm still undecided about selling her, but I think I'll pretty her up anyway as you guys have suggested  :)   Cheers!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal